Open-plan 1st floor, sleeping loft, full bath, sleeps 4 adults & 2 children
Elaine R. Cwynar
- English, French, Polish, Minimal conversational ability in French/Polish
Max guests:4 (sleeps up to 4 adults)
100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
Stress free stay
The property was found to be exactly as described, the owner more than helpful and we very much enjoyed our stay.
Thanks for staying with us at Norris cottages! Fall weeks are lovely with fresh breezes, stunning sunsets, and temperate weather. The changing seasons provide glimpses of migrating birds, brilliant fall colors and slate blue ocean waves for photographers. We are open all year, so experience the Cape on the off season for unique activities and natural panoramas. We look forward to hosting you.
Worked well for us. Very walkable area. Dinner on Main Street, ferry to Nantucket and a few minutes to beach access. Thanks!
HANDS DOWN the best cottage and hosts EVER!!
This is my first Home Away review and I’ve booked homes on here for years. If you’re looking for the cutest Cape Cod cottage 3 minutes from the beach, this is your place. Not only is the location perfect, but Elaine and John go above and beyond to make you feel at home. Elaine was so accommodating — it rained during our stay and she checked in to make sure we were okay the entire time. Cape Cod is stunning and I would come back just to stay in this cottage and hopefully meet Elaine and John! Thank you again for letting us book this beautiful cottage. Can’t wait to come back again!
Thank you for staying with us! We have hosted many guests hoping that they find peace and a serene place to recharge and enjoy themselves. We are happy to accommodate short as well as longer stays during the fall and winter season. There is much to enjoy; birding, hiking, biking, fall festivals and holiday shopping, too. We provide a comfortable place to relax and we are centrally located so you can visit both tips of the Cape. Please come back!
Good location and very clean
The cottage was very clean and the property owner was very helpful. Quick walk to the beach and close to town.
Thank you for staying with us. The fall is upon us and the days are warm and the nights are cool. Perfect for that quick getaway! We try to provide everything you need for a relaxing stay. Please come and enjoy our area for Fall activities, (festivals, hikes, whale watching, wine tastings and local crafts for holiday shopping.
Wonderful cottage with all the modern amenities!
Elaine and John's home is comfortable, clean, well appointed, and beautiful. The cottage is stocked with everything you need. It felt like home from the moment we walked in. My husband, 2 young children, and I eased right into our stay. It is a 5 minute (or less) walk to the beach making it easy to go back if you forget anything or if you have little ones that nap. The bunk beds were a big hit with our son. You cannot beat the location of this house, situated within a 5 minute drive to downtown, restaurants, and tons of stores. We loved everything about our stay here. Our only regret is that we did not stay longer! Elaine is lovely and was very quick to respond to all my emails. We will certainly be back to stay again!
We are glad that you enjoyed the Saltbox cottage. It is our little gem and we hope to host you again for an extended stay. Our dead end street is quiet and safe for children. Guests can take short or long walks on the beach or all the way out to Squaw Island. Sunsets are lovely all the time, but especially this time of year as the season changes. Take a break when you can, as we are open all year round. Each season has its beautiful qualities. If you write, paint, or photograph nature, this is the spot to visit. Happy Fall!
Norris #23 = perfect stay & location!
My boyfriend and I celebrated our anniversary with a week stay in Norris #23 cottage. It could not have been better!
Booking - Elaine was fast to respond when I had questions, clearly communicated costs, and sent over the house guidebook promptly upon booking.
Our stay -
- perfect proximity to the beach. Easy 5 minute walk
- about a 3 minute drive to downtown Hyannis or even a quick run; I ran around Hyannis and Hyannis Port every morning. What gorgeous views!
- The house is not updated but that's okay! It had traditional Cape Cod charm as a cottage.
- Everything you could want for the beach - chairs, towels, sand toys, etc.
- Outdoor shower was great for post beach wash offs
- Even included most toiletries! Towels, sheets, bar of soap, paper towels, dish soap, toilet papers. Most cottages do not include all of this and this is one major reason we booked here!
- Kitchen - fully stocked and better than other homes we've rented; so many cooking supplies.
- washer / dryer were good
- beds - very comfortable; we used the king and it was perfect for our week.
- AC - separate unit that blows into the main living room area; because it's reach is somewhat limited it can make the back of the house kitchen area a little warm on a hot day but not a big deal for us. The breeze from the beach was great and we kept the AC to nights only and opened all the windows during the day.
- the deck is amazing! We used this for breakfasts, dinners, and desserts. The laid back chairs were wonderful. The only add on was us having to buy bug spray for the night time mosquitos otherwise we could have spent full nights out there enjoying the evening.
- the grill is very new and we loved it! Used for 5 dinners
- Proximity to the rest to the rest of hte Cape - SO easy! 8 minute drive to the grocery and liquor stores. We also visited Sandwich, Dennis, Dennis Port, Chatham, Provincetown, and many other towns. You can go anywhere from this cottage.
Overall, we have no complaints and would highly recommend staying at this cottage. Elaine was wonderful and so was the cottage!
Thanks so much! We are happy when folks appreciate the traditional amenities of the bungalow and the upgrades we have done over the years. It has come a long way and is very comfortable. Fall is a great time to visit, so please consider a getaway any time. We are open all year round!
Next time, try staying in our Saltbox Cottage next door. It is totally new construction and perfect for couples! Elaine and John
3 minute walk to Sea Street Beach! Walk or drive 1/2 mile to Hyannis Center‘s unique shops, casual/fine dining & entertainment. The Hyannis Yacht Club & Ferry service to Martha’s Vineyard/Nantucket are a 5 minute drive or easy walk. See live performances, unique films and exhibits at the Cape Playhouse and Cape Cod Art Museum. Visit the Cape Cod National Seashore, almost 40 miles of dunes on the Atlantic shoreline. Explore walking/bike trails, canoeing, sailing, surf-casting, camping, kayaking, whale watching and visitor centers. Agri-Tourism Farms and “Edible Cape Cod” Farmer’s Markets bring back times past with “Pick Your Own” options, tours, hikes, and hayrides. Local wineries offer tours and specialty wines. Poke along Route 6A’s antique shops and bookstores. Local golf courses abound, so bring your clubs. A day trip to Provincetown's artist community provides distinctive wares and bustling enclave of talent. See coastal nature; dunes, whales and ocean vistas.
Other Activities: Birdwatching, Camping, Kayaking, Gliding, Miniature Golf
Golf: Miniature Golf aficionados who enjoy the Cape's theme courses will eventually graduate to the real thing. Cape Cod's 27 public, daily-fee golf courses and 15 private facilities run the gamut of skill levels with courses that are pristine, scenic, challenging and fun. An added bonus is that the region’s temperate climate allows golfers the unique opportunity to play almost 52 weeks a year! Your cottage is centrally located and affords access to most courses from a 5 to 45 minute drive.