We invite you to come and stay at the APPLE HOUSE , a beautiful house in a very quite, picturesque small village called Praia das Maçãs (being part of the Sintra-Cascais Natural Park), set in the ridge of the Sintra's mountains .The villa has 300 m2 of landscaped gardens, beautiful flowers and trees, a barbecue and a terrace.
You can easily walk to the beach and/or, if you prefer just relax, or enjoy a nap or a nice book, on the terrace of this property with a well cared garden.
Afterwards you can profit from a barbecue , to prepare some delicious grilled food for your family or friends.
And for a change, why not visit the delicious local restaurants which offer fresh fish and seafood,and also bars in 10 min walking distance ? Some of them overlooking the beach. We will be happy to provide a list on your arrival with the best spots to visit.
Inside the villa , you will feel at home, appreciating a lovely living and dining room with a beautiful view over the garden and terrace. The house has a fully equipped kitchen , as well as 3 bedrooms (2 twin bedrooms and 1 double bedroom ) It has also has 2 complete bathrooms , both with a bathtub. We can provide a cot and a highchair for children upon request.
We can accept maximum one dog per booking, but only upon request and after approval (by breed, age and size)
Situated between Sintra and Cascais , the APPLE HOUSE holiday house is a perfect location to stay, if you want to explore the area of Lisbon, Sintra, Cascais .
Early in 1996 UNESCO included Sintra in its list of world cultural heritage sites. During the next few years increased efforts have been made to restore the town's unique architectural character.
During your stay and around the APPLE HOUSE, you can :
• Walk to the nearest beach ,Praia das Maçãs, in about 10 min.
• Get fresh bread/groceries at walking distance , every morning from the local supermarket just 5min away
• Get money from ATM machines in the center of Praia das Maçãs and go shopping to the local fresh market
• Take the picturesque tram from Praia das Maçãs until Colares or even Sintra and back
• Enjoy typical portuguese food or seafood at the restaurants nearby, in about 10min walking distance.
• Visit the beautiful and antique wine cellars of Colares and profit from a wine tasting experience
• visit Cabo da Roca the most western point of continental Europe with splendid Atlantic views
• get surf or bodyboard lessons at PRAIA DAS MAÇÃS or PRAIA GRANDE beach
Reach the following amazing beaches by car, in approx. 5-15min driving time:
• Praia das Maças - ideal for surf, bodyboard, lessons available. Nice sandy beach with very renown seafood restaurants overlooking the sea. Next to the beach you also can visit an public salt water pool with tennis courts. Fresh fruit, vegetables and fish can be found in the small market hall nearby. From here you can also take the little picturesque tram to Colares or Sintra !
• Praia da Adraga with a gorgeous Restaurant overlooking the beach
• Praia Grande (the Big Beach) - ideal for surf, longboard and body board , lessons available. You can find several restaurants with delicious portuguese food/appetizers and/or bars with terraces in front and overlooking the beach and sea.
• Guincho beach - known for many international surf, windsurf- and kite contests. ideal for kite surf, windsurf, surf, lessons available. The biggest beach in the area, visited by many international surfers and kite surfers. Very nice restaurant/bar with paid parking place on the northern side (Abano).
And if you are interested in the cultural part of Sintra, we suggest that you start with a visit to the mystic Unesco World Heritage Village of Sintra and please do not miss the delicious "travesseiros" pastry served in typical coffeeshops or more elaborate tearooms. Some main touristic sights nearby are worth visiting , reminding you of (Pena Palace, Monserrate Palace, National Palace, Seteais Palace, Quinta da Regaleira, Moorish Castle. Capuchos Convent):
• Pena Palace
• Monserrate Palace
• National Palace and Seteais Palace
• Quinta da Regaleira
• Capuchos Convent
• Moorish Castle
Afterwards you can head to Cascais, an old fishermen village with delicious restaurants. Here you also will find a great shopping center (Cascaishopping) and Marina, which you reach in about 25 min. Estoril (23kms) has a fantastic gambling casino.
If you like Golf there are several golf courses nearby including the famous Penha Longa, the Quinta da Marinha, the Oitavos and Estoril Golf course.
• Penha Longa
• the Quinta da Marinha
• the Oitavos
• Estoril Golf course
Profit from your stay to visit the charming Lisbon city , with its various districts, such as the typical moorish quarters of Alfama, Mouraria and Bairro Alto and discover and enjoy wonderful restaurants, bars and Fado houses (typical Portuguese music).
Modern parts of Lisbon - like the former Expo'98 area - are to be visited as well, especially if you have children or wildlife lovers in your group who will love to experience in the big Oceanarium.
We hope that staying at the APPLE HOUSE , provides you a great vacation experience, by visiting all the major sights and enjoying unforgettable moments with your family or/and friends !