Beautifully located holiday apartment between sea and mountains, inland from Nice and within the "Préalpes d'Azur" natural park - away from the tourist hordes and with wonderful views.
Here's what your holiday could look like:
- After an authentic French breakfast of café au lait and croissants on the comfortable balcony with a relaxing view of the picturesque village of Le-Bar-sur-Loup, you can choose to enjoy your day as you please:
- You can explore medieval mountain villages like the famous artists' village St. Paul de Vence or Gourdon (prizewinner for being one of the most beautiful villages in France) and enjoy sea views from the peaceful area inland from the Côte d'Azur.
- Or you let yourselves be swept along by the activity on the coast: sun, sea and sand on the Côte d'Azur, fun, culture and the fullness of city life in Nice, Cannes or Monaco.
- Discover the solitude of the Alpes Maritimes by car, motorbike, mountain bike or racing bike.
- Just 3 km away in Gorges-du-Loup you can chill out on a guided canyoning tour or simply walk a few kilometres through the gorge, eat your picnic and then cool down in a fresh mountain stream.
- Of course you can also simply spend the day under a parasol with a good book, sipping an ice-cold rosé wine and listening to the cicadas.
- In the evening, you cook something tasty and let the day draw to a close with a good red wine, French cheese and olives. The night is balmy and the crickets chirp just for you.
- If you want more action in the evening, how about going for a really posh French meal (we've got some fantastic tips for you) or throwing yourself into the night life in Juan les Pins?
Details of the Apartment (all newly renovated, completed in March 2013):
- 60 sq metres with large living/dining room, 2 bedrooms and a sofa bed, for 5 people in total
- pool (2.5 x 4 m, 1.5 m deep) with large sunbathing area
- Large living/dining room with dining table, sofa, television, stereo and open-plan kitchen
- Kitchen with dishwasher, washing machine, Senseo coffee machine, espresso machine, oven, electric hob, microwave, toaster, water filter, water carbonator, herbs and mountain view while cooking
- Very smart bathroom with shower, wash basin, WC, and attractive guest cloakroom with wash basin
- Patio with wooden furniture and huge parasol, wifi also extends to the patio ;-)
- Free wifi, of course
- Nearly 20 m of balcony on two sides of the house (area 30 sq)
- Parking right at the house
- We provide bedding and towels, please bring your own beach towels
- Cleaning equipment and vacuum cleaner available
- For winter guests: toasty-warm underfloor heating
- Hot water and heating powered by solar energy. Of course there’s still hot water even if the sun isn't shining - for those occasions we have a pellet heating system.
- Grasse: known as the capital city of perfume. This is where Coco Chanel created “Chanel No. 5”. Patrick Süskind’s novel, “Perfume”, made Grasse into a legend.
- Nice: the “capital” of the Côte d’Azur with the inimitable flair of the old town and the unique Promenade des Anglais; you should definitely watch Alfred Hitchcock’s “To Catch a Thief” again before you go there.
- Cannes: extravagant elegance between Carlton, Croisette and film festival
- Monaco: mooring spot of the wealthy, Grimaldi empire and of course the Formula 1 Grand Prix; for botany fans the Jardin Exotique is a highlight.
- Monte Carlo: celebrity, decadence, casino and Hôtel de Paris
- Antibes: one of the most beautiful old towns on the Côte d’Azur with its famous market
- St. Tropez: on the trail of Brigitte Bardot and Louis de Funès
- Fréjus: the Pompeii of Provence
- Juan les Pins: young, hip, happening
For Sports Fans:
- The area is a paradise for racing and mountain bikers (we’ll give you the best insider tips for mountain biking)
- For motorcyclists: Do you remember the opening scene in “Golden Eye” with Pierce Brosnan, when agent Xenia Onatopp in her Ferrari F355 GTS and James Bond in his Aston Martin DB5 go for a spontaneous road race around the hairpin bends? That’s a few kilometres from here, near Greolières. If not, you might need to watch the film again.
- Hiking in the mountains; or simply going for a walk is also great.
- Area famous for paragliding: Gourdon flying site (start at 1150 m) and Gréolières flying site (start at 1778 m)
- Canyoning tours in the Gorges du Loup
- In winter: Skiing, snowboarding or snow-shoeing in Gréolières les Neiges (only 40 minutes away by car), Audibergue or Isola 2000
- Fondation Maeght in St. Paul de Vence: the Mecca of modern art for fans of Miró, Chagall and Giacometti
- Vallauris: traditional pottery village with Picasso’s magnificent “War and Peace” murals and his “Man with Sheep” bronze sculpture
- Nice: Musée Matisse, Musée National, Marc Chagall & Musée d'Art Moderne et d'Art Contemporain
- February: Nice carnival (Bataille des Fleurs)
- May: Monaco Grand Prix, Cannes Film Festival
- Juli & August: Jazz in Juan les Pins, Nuits du Sud in Vence, Nice Jazz Festival, festival international de feux d'artifices (International Firework Festival) in Cannes, Monaco and Antibes
- St. Paul de Vence: famous artists’ village with many galleries and a fantastic view
- Tourrettes sur Loup: unspoiled, authentic, original
- Valbonne: simply beautiful, and on Fridays there’s a typical Provencal market
- Gourdon: one of France’s 10 most beautiful villages
- Vence: with sweet little boutiques, an extensive old town area and lots of posh restaurants
- Haut de Cagnes: medieval fortress with views of the mountains and the sea
- Èze: well worth a visit on the way from Nice to Monaco via one of the three Corniche roads
- Biot: village of glass blowing and ceramics
Nature in all its glory:
- Parc Naturel Régional des Préalpes d'Azur: We are right in the middle of France’s 48th natural park with a mix of Mediterranean and mountain climates, more than 2000 plant species and nearly 2000 caves Due to the large reservoirs, the region is also known as the “château d’eau” of the Côte d’Azur.
- Gorges du Loup: the famous wolf’s gorge with rocks, waterfalls and chasms
- Lac de Saint Cassien: relaxing water fun in a reservoir lake
- Canyon du Verdon and Lac de Sainte-Croix: 120 km from here and definitely worth the trip
Nearest airport: Nice (35 minutes by car). There is a bus, but with your own vehicle or a rental car you’ll get a lot more out of your holiday.