Spacious home centrally located in Truro on 3 wooded acres surrounded by National Seashore. .75 mi to Balston beach or Truro Center - just a 20 minute walk to either. Lots of nearby walking trails to explore with beautiful views. Large open floor plan. All the amenities! Large screen TV in living room. Stereo wired for both inside and out! Large kitchen. Dining inside or outside seats 8, plus Kitchen bar seats 4. Sleeps up to 13: Master suite, Queen suite and 2 other bedrooms offers lots of space and privacy. Queen suite has it's own sleep areas for 4 plus living space with pull out sofa, plus bunk beds for another 2. Master suite and 2 other bedrooms sleep 7. Great outdoor space with large porch in front, stone patio in back and lots of lawn. Lots of room to relax and play without having to leave the property.
Sleeps up to 14. 4+ bedrooms 3.5 baths
About Priscilla Silva
We live in Truro year round, both of our families have lived in the town for many generations. We live in the house 10 months of the year and thus have all the conveniences of home. We continue to make improvements every year to our benefit and the benefit of our renters.
Priscilla Silva purchased this House in 2007
Why Priscilla Silva chose Truro
North Pamet is one of the loveliest unspoiled roads in Truro. The house is nestled in the middle of National Seashore property. Lots of privacy and still a short 15 minute walk to beautiful Balston Beach.
What makes this House unique
Very private with all the conveniences! A short walk to Balston and lots of nearby trails for exploring. Front porch is lovely and back patio is great for outdoor dinners or just relaxing.
Cancelled bookings will not receive a refund.
Great place for families
Great house. We had a few families and it worked out great. It was so nice to have a full kitchen to cook in, use of a grill, and a living room to relax in. We actually cooked quite a bit because it's so much easier to eat at home with small kids. I appreciate being able to bring my dogs - such a treat to have them with us at the beach.
Accommodations were clean and roomy. Priscilla and Keith responded quickly to questions. The house is close to just about everything. We would definitely stay here again!
Comfortable and close to our favorite beach
This was a great rental house for our annual family vacation. The house is big and spacious, with a variety of beds/bedrooms for everyone (and plenty of sheets, pillows and towels). The kitchen was well-stocked and spacious, the patio and back yard were roomy, and the outdoor shower was great. Most importantly for us was the proximity to Ballston Beach. It was an easy walk or bike ride, and we could drive down to drop off kids and gear. Priscilla and Keith were great to communicate with, and responsive to questions. They even arranged for perfect weather;)
Updated, Clean, & Close to Everything!
Our group of friends, which totals 11-15 people, have been traveling yearly to the cape for 10 years. By far this is one of the best houses we've stayed at. It's a newer construction, so it's much cleaner and updated in ways that many other large rentals are not. There's plenty of space for everyone, and best of all, it's close to everything on the outer cape, Head of the Meadow, P-Town, Wellfleet, etc. Also the owners were very communicative and helpful when we were booking the house, and the security deposit was prompt in its return. I highly recommend this property.
Great house! The home was clean and very comfortable. It was also in a perfect location within Truro. We would stay there again!
Wished we could stay longer!
Wonderful location and house, and very accommodating and helpful owners. The space, both inside and out, was perfect for our large party. I would recommend this property and these homeowners in a heartbeat. Enjoy Truro!
(1) They do not take pay pal or credit cards. My stay ended on July 19. I moved out of my apartment on July 31. They had not mailed my check in time, so now it's August 24 and I'm still waiting for my deposit. I thought they would mail my deposit immediately, but apparently they needed over a week to get around to mailing it. When I asked Priscilla to mail the check to my new address she said she would have to take the stop payment charge out of my deposit.
(2) During my stay Priscilla asked if her husband could come by "late afternoon" to lock some containers. I said yes. We turned from the beach at 6:30. Around 7:00 p.m. I was taking a shower in the outdoor shower (it's a very nice shower). I was rinsing my face when I opened my eyes and noticed a stranger stalking through the backyard. I was terrified. Later we figured out that it was Priscilla's husband. Our car was in the front yard, so he knew we were home. You can hear the shower from a distance away...and there are no containers in the backyard, so I'm not sure why he felt the need to circle the yard. Neither of them addressed the issue or apologized.
(3) The house itself is nice. It's large with many bedrooms. It's up the street from the beach, you just need to buy a beach sticker for $50/week. It has a nice patio and a grill that you have to use a lighter to light...hopefully they get that fixed. Ballston beach is gorgeous. Truro is great and so relaxing.
(4) Cleaning is not discussed at the time of payment. I actually made my reservation in February and it wasn't until two weeks before my July vacation that Priscilla sprang the cleaning costs on me - I believe it's over $200. For most rentals cleaning is factored into the fee.
(5) A person in my party did leave with a pillow that belonged to the house. She mistakenly thought it was hers. I don't know yet if anything was taken out of the security deposit for the pillow, because I've been waiting 6 weeks for my security deposit check.
(6) There are tons of houses to rent in Truro/Provincetown - check some of those out first.
1) I mailed the check 7 days after check out. My contract states that it will be mailed within 30 days. The tenant texted me on Aug 3 "Hello, do you plan on sending the deposit via check? If so, I've moved". I responded that it was already sent. On Aug 24 the tenant texted me that they hadn't received the check. I responded that I could send another but would need to put a stop payment on the first check which the cost of would be deducted from her security deposit.
2)We called and asked permission to stop by late afternoon to lock a couple of DOORS to storage areas (not containers). He was running late from work, traffic, etc. He knocked on the front door and got no answer and did not assume someone was home as tenants have multiple cars and typically leave one behind when they go out. He locked the back door to the garage (next to outdoor shower) then walked across the back yard to the basement door which he entered to lock the other door. He heard the shower but respected their privacy and did not speak to them as it would have been more awkward.
3)I didn't think strikers could be repaired but will look into it.
4)The contract states: "The Tenant will be responsible for all damage, breakage or loss to the premises, except normal wear and tear and unavoidable casualty which may result from the occupancy and the Tenant will leave the premises in good, neat and thoroughly cleaned condition." I offer the cleaning for a fee as a courtesy to my guests who would rather not live up to the above expectation.
5)The cost of pillow and case will be deducted. Both were brand new, never used and had to be replaced for future renters. I texted the tenant twice the day she left in regard to this.
We pride ourselves on being very accommodating and easy to work with. While it seems that much of this tenant's distress was brought on by herself, It saddens us that someone was not completely satisfied.