The Country House Casa da Laranja was built by the end of the 18th century as a residence and storehouse of the plantation superintendent of an orange plantation. At that time, fresh oranges were brought to England by sail ships.
The garden has access to the surrounding meadows where cows graze occasionally.
From the terraces on the West and East side of the house are both the volcanic mountain ranges of Lagoa das Sete Cidades and Lagoa do Fogo to be seen. You can also see the North coast, the Bay of Ribeira Grande and even the highest mountain Pico da Vara.
In the morning you can have breakfast on the terrace with these wide views and in the evening enjoy the sunsets. All rooms have access to a terrace.
The house has two bedrooms one with a double bed and one with two single beds. A reading room with sofa and desk is also available, not as bedroom however.
The large kitchen with fireplace is equipped with all necessary features and like all the other rooms with a view of the coast line and the sea.
The house has central heating for the winter months, although de temperatures on the subtropical island in the average rarely fall below 11°C.
Due to the relatively central location of the house all the interesting points of the island are easily accessible by car.
Shops and supermarkets are in the Ponta Delgada or Pico da Pedra.
From the house you can go for walks, always with the mountains and the Atlantic Ocean in view.
The proximity to the Batalha Golf Course offers golf enthusiasts a good starting point, without much travel time (3-4 min) to reach the greens with splendid views to the blue ocean background.
The offer for nature lovers such as: swimming, surfing, sailing, horseback riding, whale and dolphin watching, scuba diving, snorkeling, hiking, fishing, swimming in waterfalls, canyoning, etc., are almost limitless. To describe all of this is beyond the scope of this brief introduction. There are good guides on the internet or books to prepare for your visit.
Casa da Laranja offers a comfortable and convenient base for an exciting, relaxing and unforgettable stay on the Azores islands.
* * * * *
WHEN BOOKING PLEASE NOTE!!!
- Always send a valid mobile number, preferable with WhatsApp as it makes communication easier.
- After booking make sure to download the App from the invitation sent to you! All the infos regarding the house are available here. Should you have not received it please notify me.
- When booking a flight please note that check-in after 8pm may incur in to an extra cost as the housekeeper does not live nearby. Should other arrival times not be possible, please check with me first.
- Please let me know your expected time of arrival at PDL airport. Rent a car procedures may take up to an hour on on peak times.
Should you not send us your expected arrival time up to 48 hours prior to your arrival date there may be no one at the house to expect you. We will not be liable for any inconvenience or costs incurred.
- Should you have any delay please send a message.
- As soon as you have the car send me a message when leaving the airport to the house.
- Please make sure you have the road description to the house and have a look at it on google maps beforehand. Print it and take it with you. Should you have any questions please let me know.
This is just a bit of advice to make your holiday start easier and stress free. A good communication is the basis for it.