This home, Poplar Cottage, is professionally managed by Massanutten Vacation, a local vacation rental home company.
To book this home you need to complete one of our leases. We will send it to you once we have your home address, email address and cell phone number.
3 queen beds. 1 twin bed. 1 twin-over-double bunk bed.
WIFI, BIG STONE FIREPLACE, VERY LONG DINING TABLE!!!
Poplar Cottage is named for the tulip poplar trees that are all over the property.
Xfinity cable & WIFI!
2 decks! 4 bedrooms, big great room with a big stone fireplace, a very big dining room table for family meals & craft-making.
Enjoy a warming fire (firewood is provided. Fireplace use is for Oct 1 to Mar 31st, only) while sharing meals with your family, watching TV, and just hanging out.
* This home has a high chair for babies and toddlers.
Enjoy the quietude of the neighborhood as dappled sunlight reaches through the poplar, hickory, maple and oak trees, birds sing and deer walk through the yard.
The kitchen is stocked and the dining room table is huge. Bring your family for a peaceful and fun vacation in Poplar Cottage.
This home is a quick walk to our Great Escape house- just 4 lots away!
The scenic Overlook & hiking trails, and Mountain Greens Golf Course are also nearby.
10 minute drive to the water park. 5 minute drive to mini-golf, go-karts, outdoor swimming pool & the ski lodge.
NO PETS ALLOWED ON THIS PROPERTY.
SMOKING IS NOT PERMITTED ANYWHERE ON THIS PROPERTY.
LINENS FOR ALL BEDS INCLUDED. GUESTS MUST BRING TOWELS.
LEGAL MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY: 12 PEOPLE
Enter the front door into a hallway. To your left is the laundry room, and a full bathroom with a tub/shower combo. To your right is a bedroom with a queen bed and cable TV.
The great room (kitchen, dining room with a very big table, and the living room) is down the entry hall to the back of the home. The living room boasts a large stone fireplace, (wood is provided. Fireplace use 01 October through 31 March, ONLY), with a huge hearth, cable flat screen Vizio TV.
The dining room table is MASSIVE, and there are plenty of chairs to seat everyone for meals.
The deck is off the living/dining room.
Upstairs are 3 bedrooms and a full bath with a tub/shower combo.
Two of the bedrooms are at the front of the house: One bedroom has a pyramid bunk (twin over double) bed, and a twin bed. Another bedroom has a queen bed and cable TV.
The 3rd upstairs bedroom is at the back of the house, and has a queen sleigh bed, cable TV, and it's own small deck.
This Massanutten Vacation Home is approximately 1610 square feet, and is ready for your visit with the following items:
* Central air & heat
* Linens for all beds
* Cable or satellite TVs
* Washing machine & dryer
* Books, Family Board Games
FULL EQUIPPED KITCHEN
* Toaster or toaster oven
* Coffee maker and filters
* Cookware, bakeware and dinnerware (plates, forks, spoons, knives, etc.)
* Dishwasher, Oven/Stove, Fridge
* Microwave oven
Items you will need to bring:
* Bath towels, hand towels and washcloths
* Cell phone (no landline phone at this home)
* Soaps & detergents
* Trash bags
* Paper goods (bathroom tissue & paper towels)
* Baby items
NO PETS ALLOWED
***10% MILITARY DISCOUNT on the rental fee given when you reserve this home. Holidays (Holiday Rate Dates listed on this page) are excluded. Thank you for your service!
1) The reservation must be in the name of the person whose name is on the military ID.
2) A copy of your unexpired U.S. military ID card, current orders, or Veteran's Administration ID must be submitted BEFORE you make any payment to get this discount, since we are unable to deduct anything from the cost after your payment is made through HomeAway.
Mark through all social security numbers on the military ID copy.
Military discount will be applied once your military ID is received in our office.
3) Military IDs received after payment has been made will not be honored for the discount.
4) This discount is given to active duty, reservists and retired military persons.
5) Military discount is not given to civilians, civilian affiliates, contractors, Senior Executive Service (SES), Federal affiliates or Military affiliates accompanying the Armed Forces.
All Reservations: Refundable security deposit and cleaning fee additional.
ALL DISCOUNTS & SPECIALS:
1) Not valid in combination with any other discounts.
2) Not valid on reservations made previous to special rates being posted.
Please ask for more info.
CLOSE TO THE OVERLOOK & GOLFING!
5 minute drive to the slopes, mini-golf & go-karts! 1 minute to Mountain Greens Golf Course and Fareways Restaurant! 7-10 minutes to the water park!
In Massanutten: All the recreational facilities in Massanutten are a 10 minutes or less drive from this home!
Tennis, Skiing, Snowboarding, Snow Tubing, Arboretum, Playgrounds, Go-Kart Track, Summer Tubing, Tennis, Golf, Miniature Golf, Fishing, Hiking, Biking, Horseback Riding, Water Park, Large Arcade Room, Skate Park, Dining.
Outside Massanutten: Day Spa, Antiquing, Museums, Shenandoah River, Swimming, Fishing, Hunting, Canoeing, Kayaking, Scenic Train Rides, Skyline Drive, Wineries, Natural Bridge, Art and Pottery Galleries, Dining, Historic Downtowns, Caverns, Shopping, Colleges & Universities, Churches, Mosque and Synagogue.
Charlottesville, Harper's Ferry, Lexington, Richmond, Roanoke, Staunton, and Washington D.C. are all within a 1-3 hour drive.