|Space||344 sq. ft.|
|Minimum Stay||3 - 7 nights|
Nice and clean 2-bed apartment in the Swiss chalet (ground floor). Very well equipped kitchen, shower-toilet, cozy living room with TV and radio. Private outdoor area with unobstructed view and the other beautiful surrounding mountains. The most beautiful mountains in the world! Need Recreation and wonderfully clean, fresh air? The following is also 100 per cent from us!
Ideal starting point for walking or for excursions in the Jungfrau Region!
Our earthy wooden house is off the beaten track. Surrounded by greenery.
15 minute walk to the village center, 10 minutes to Firstbahn, 5-minutes to the free local bus.
Utilities (4. 20 per person / night) are included in the price except tax. Bed, bath and kitchen towels are available!
Myself and my wife stayed in the Konkordia apartment for 6 nights. We came from a stay elsewhere in Switzerland using the trains – which was straightforward due to the integrated Swiss travel system.
On arrival in Grindelwald we caught the bus up to the stop as made clear in the detailed instructions from our host, Ursula. The driver indicated when we arrived at the correct stop, and Ursula met us for a short drive to the apartment. Without bags the apartment is a short walk to Grindelwald, which takes about 15 minutes.
Ursula showed us around the apartment and settled us in. She was very kind and thoughtful throughout our stay and her English was great (much better than my German!). Ursula even looked out some weather forecasts for us after we discussed our plans to go hiking, which was very considerate.
The apartment was as described in the listings – a well-equipped base for two people to explore the local area. It was clean, tidy, and neatly presented, with plenty of place to store clothes, and helpful little touches such as mats for muddy hiking boots. The water for the shower was always hot (useful when returning from hikes), and there was plenty of room in the fridge and ice-box for keeping the essentials cool. There was access to the building’s Wi-Fi (the family live in the upper levels, with the apartment occupying three rooms in the lower part) and this was useful for downloading maps and translating bits of text. There was a set of essentials needed for meals such as pans, plates, cutlery (enough for two people) and the hob-oven was simple to use and effective. The beds were comfortable and there were plenty of towels and blankets, as well as some comfy chairs for sitting out on the patio.
The main highlight of this apartment is the spectacular view. It is situated on the edge of Gridelwald, in a quiet residential area, looking out over the gentle green slopes of the valley and the imposing face of the Eiger. You can even get a peek at the icy blue glow of the glacier on a clear day. Very peaceful and tranquil. After a day of walking, just sitting and admiring the view – even when it was raining or cloudy! – was the highlight of this apartment and well worth the price on its own. This, combined with Ursula’s thoughtful care and attention, plus the general practicality of the apartment for those who like hiking, means that I would heartily recommend staying here.
We could not have had a better one week vacation in Switzerland if we tried. From the moment of our first inquiry, Ursala was prompt to respond to every question. She is warm and courteous and a perfect host. She warmly welcomed us to Grindelwald and made sure we were oriented to the area as she checked us in. She speaks excellent English so communications were smooth.
The accommodations were impeccably clean, the bed was comfortable, the kitchen was spacious and sufficiently equipped and the view of Mount Eiger from the private patio was stunningly breathtaking. We enjoyed coffee each morning and a glass of wine and appetizers each evening on the patio.
We found the local bus service met all our needs. Boarding the bus was easy with the downtown stop being located ~100 meters from the train station. Our stop for the chalet left us with a beautiful 5-7 minute walk through a green meadow.
We would stay here again if we return to Switzerland and would highly recommend it to family and friends.
We really enjoyed our stay at the appartment in Grindelwald! The appartment was spacious and very clean. The terrace is nice to spend summer evenings.
The hostess is very friendly and helpful.
We hebben een prima week doorgebracht in deze vakantiewoning. Comfortabel, alles aanwezig, schoon, zeer gastvrije verhuurders en een prachtig uitzicht. Wat wil je nog meer.....
Fam. Willink, Nederland.
Wir hatten einen wundervollen Urlaub bei Kaufmanns. Wir wurden herzlichst begrüßt und die Ferienwohnung hat uns so gut gefallen, dass wir uns direkt zu Hause gefühlt haben. Die Ausstattung ließ keine Wünsche übrig und die ganze Wohnung war sehr sauber. Die Betten waren bequem und luden zum Ausschlafen ein.
Wir haben es sehr genossen, dass wir im ruhigeren Teil von Grindelwald gewohnt haben. Der schöne Blick auf den Eiger und die Wanderwege, die direkt vom Haus aus losgehen, haben ebenso zur Erholung beigetragen.
Vielen Dank nochmal für die Gastfreundschaft und Hilfsbereitschaft, die wir genießen durften! Wir kommen gerne wieder!
Gestresste Großstädter aus Berlin und Dresden wie wir, konnten sich keinen besseren Ort zum entspannen und erholen vorstellen. Sicherlich hat auch das gute Wetter dazu beigetragen, aber der einzigartige Blick auf die Eiger-Nordwand und den Grindelwald Gletscher, machen die Ferienwohnung der Familie Kaufmann zu einem wunderbaren Urlaubsdomizil. Der Weg zum Bäcker am frühen Morgen, ist schnell zu erlaufen, auch die anderen Einkaufsmöglichkeiten sind gut zu Fuß oder mit dem örtlichen (kostenlosen) Bus zu erreichen.Das Haus liegt absolut ruhig, der nahe Gebirgsbach plätschert einen abends in den Schlaf.
Our house is located about 500 meters above the church direction Mühlebach. Very quiet and still fast in the center of Grindelwald. The bus stop (guests can travel free on the local bus!) is just 5 minutes walk from the house.
Magnificent unspoilt views of the world-famous mountain Eiger and the surrounding mountains.
Grindelwald / Bernese Oberland
The Eiger village of Grindelwald in the Bernese Oberland lies embedded in a welcoming and green hollow, surrounded by a commanding mountainscape with the Eiger north face and the Wetterhorn. This backdrop and the numerous lookout points and activities make Grindelwald one of the most popular and cosmopolitan holiday and excursion destinations in Switzerland, and the largest ski resort in the Jungfrau region.
Thanks to its magnificent vista and once reached right into the basin advancing glaciers moved Grindelwald from the late 18th C. First guests primarily the English. Middle of the 19th century. C. Was made the real breakthrough of mountaineering, and local mountain guides climbed the peaks with English tourists in the region. The first ascent of the Eiger most difficult of Alpine took place in 1858 (the north face only in 1938).
With the construction of road and railway line the journey was to Grindelwald towards the end of the 19th century. Century easier, now also began the winter tourism. Built here in 1908, the first cable car in the Alps on the Wetterhorn. And in 1912, a railway reached via Kleine Scheidegg, the Jungfraujoch; today is the "Top of Europe", the highest railway station in Europe and a world famous tourist destination in the snow and ice.
Snow-sports are around 215 km of perfectly groomed slopes available, which are accessible by 45 lifts. It involves three sub-areas Grindelwald First (where our hotel is located on the Talpiste), Grindelwald Male / Kleine Scheidegg-Wengen and Mürren Schilthorn. From beginner skiers (we are not far away from the ski school on Bodmi!) to racers - there is jerder the suitable slopes!
Also for winter hiking paradise!
Around Grindelwald are 300 km of hiking trails. The mountain walk from Grindelwald-First along the Bachalpsee to Faulhorn and on to the Schynige Platte ranks among the most beautiful tours of the region. From the masculine to the Kleine Scheidegg an easy walk with fantastic views of the world-famous Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau.
• An experience the height hike "Öpfelchüechliwäg" Get out of stone is to Brandegg. The trail leads through lush pastures, flower-filled meadows and through lush wooded areas. On the six information boards Obstkenntisse can be tested and further developed. At the end of your journey you can mountain restaurant Brandegg with the famous "Öpfelchüechli» reward.
• Jungfraujoch - snow and ice are guaranteed on the «Top of Europe» at 3454 m, the ultimate excursion destination 365 days a year.
• Eiger north face - one of the most spectacular and difficult climbing walls in the world, first time in 1938 rose. From the Kleine Scheidegg climbers can be observed with a telescope.
• Eiger Trail - mountain tour Alpinist 'feel: starting from the Eiger glacier station, the route takes the rock along the foot of the Eiger north face and leads down to Alpiglen.
• Glacier Gorge - at the village end of Grindelwald lies the wildly romantic, thunderous glacier gorge with its mills and striations as well as the pink and green marble blocks, through which a path leads over man-made footbridges and through rock galleries and tunnels.
• First (2168 m) - on the south-facing, not overly steep First slope wait more than 100km hiking trails or 50 kilometers of slopes and the longest toboggan run in Europe!
• Männlichen (2229 m) - gentle walking and winter sports terrain with a link to the nearby Kleine Scheidegg / Wengen and with the perfect panorama across the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau.
• Pfingstegg - at 1391m is the lookout post of Grindelwald and offers a unique view of the valley.
• World Snow Festival - from supplied meter of snow blocks develop domestic and international teams of artists over the course of a week figures and sculptures (January).
• Velogemel World Cup - held every year in Grindelwald a world championship on snow bikes instead, a special Grindelwald (February).
• Snowpenair - Snow Openair as of the end of the winter season on the Kleine Scheidegg (March).
• Land Art Festival - with natural materials found on the site ephemeral works of art are in the countryside (June).
• Mountain Spring Festival - annually on the male at a mountain lodge, with dances in traditional costumes, folk music and flag throwers (June / July).
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
30 Jan 2017 - 31 May 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
20 Jan 2018 - 31 Mar 2018
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Stay tax||£3.56 per night, per person. This amount will be due to the owner upon arrival. Does not apply to children under 12 years.|
•Parkplatz, Bettwäsche, Küchentücher, Badtücher und Endreinigung sind im Mietpreis inbegriffen.
Zusätzlich verrechnet wird die Kur- und Beherbergungstaxe von CHF 4.20 pro Person und Tag.