This explanation may help since Honua Kai can be confusing. So Honua Kai is 628 individually owned condominiums that belong to a Homeowners Association. It's not a hotel. Every owner chooses to either use the onsite management which is now Outrigger or they choose an outside rental company (ORC). Outrigger is not the Resort they're just the onsite rental managment company. Now they own the front desk area and some other areas at Honua Kai, (meaning the HOA did not choose them and cannot remove them). All guests have access to the pools, restaurant, stores, Spa, fitness center and concierge.
No Self-Parking/Resort/Occupancy Fee applies to 2019. 2020 is subject to change.
Starting September 1, 2019:
1) There will be a $5/day valet parking fee imposed by the HOA on all guests.
2) There will no longer be a phone in the unit. In looking at the phone bills guests just are not using it and now we're starting to get robocalls/solicitors coming in.
BOOK HOKULANI 719 WITH CONFIDENCE. Aloha, my name is Joe Devane and my wife Rhonda and I are a licensed Real Estate Professionlas in the State of Hawaii (Joe RB-18850 Rhonda RS-26237). We are also the owner of Kai Malina Properties, LLC, RB-22032.
I WAS THE HONUA KAI RESORT DEVELOPER'S REAL ESTATE BROKER AT HONUA KAI FROM 2009 to 2016 when the property was sold out!
I am also a licensed attorney in both Hawaii (Bar No. 8295) and California (Bar No 178241)(voluntary inactive).
We manage other units at Honua Kai, but we actually own this unit.
Updated: 12/10/18- Here's an email we received from a couple who stayed with us for their Honeymoon.
Rhonda and Joe,
'We wanted to write this sooner but have been very busy back in CA. We want to thank you very much for renting your place to us for the week. We had an amazing honeymoon and definitely brought back the “Aloha Spirit” (I notice it most when I’m driving in L.A.!). The place was spotless and all the little things you guys did made us feel instantly at home. The champagne and Maui coffee were greatly appreciated and enjoyed. We enjoyed the live music at Dukes and were happy to be able to walk to Whalers Village from Honua Kai. It was such a special trip for us and the condo was the icing on the cake. We see now why you guys moved to HI and we could see ourselves there one day too. We’ve already started talking about our next trip to HI! As we sort through our pictures and daily journal we get to relive all the magic that Maui had to offer.
John and Sara
Manhatten Beach, CA
Here is their response when we asked to post this:
'Please feel free to post online. Also, I want to add that we really appreciated you guys accommodating our (very) late arrival and checkout. It gave us many more hours to relax without dragging our luggage around on our final day.'
It may be hard to understand the difference in views and service while at your computer, but you will understand those differences when you get here. We only manage units at Honua Kai and since we only manage 10 units we are not too big. We do not have employees , so you will work and speak with us. We've have had the same cleaning gal (independent contractor) for 10 years and our kids went to school together. That relationship helps make our units the cleanest you will find at Honua Kai!
We are fortunate to 'Live Aloha' everyday here in Maui and our goal is for our guests to 'Live Aloha' while they are our guests. That's why we don't have reservation specialists, or a rental manager and we do everything. Whether it's just another trip to Maui or the only trip you'll ever take to Maui, our mission is to make it special. Here's how we do that:
1) Check-in: We either greet you at your car upon your arrival at the Resort or we utilize the bellman check-in service. You will be told where things are located and escorted you to your room if you'd like. Parking will be explained. We see too many other guests that are left to fend for themselves, and we don't want that.
2) Service: We present each guest with a Welcome Aloha Package which includes a box of Hawaiian chocolates, a bag of coffee, AVEDA HAIR PRODUCTS and SOAPS and a bottle of chilled champagne. We also provide beach chairs and towels*, boogie boards, binoculars to watch the whales, free wi-fi internet and condiments and the cleanest room at the Resort.* All of our units are part of the HOA's beach/pool towel vending machine program, so you will have plenty of clean towels for the pool and beach.
We are at the Resort all the time and live only 5 minutes up the street, so if anything should require our attention WE are quick to respond.
3) Location Please be careful here. All the rooms here are beautiful, but unfortunately for some they don't realize the importance of location until they arrive. Our unit looks over the palm trees not thru them and overlooks the koi pond, pool, and all of those tiki torches at night, very cool, very romantic. Our Studio is 595 sf and located in the inner courtyard.
4) Price: We offer the most competitive price. Some units may be a little less expensive, but you will not have the location or the view or the owner right there to handle any issues.
-No worrying about when the maid service is going to interupt your day.
-We personally supervise the cleaning of our unit for every check-in.
-Use of swimming pool, exercise room, concierge service, bell and valet service and
-Charge all resort costs on your credit card.
-We want you happy and we want you back!
No Self-Parking Fee or Resort Fee for 2019. 2020 Subject to Change. Valet Parking $5/day
Check In 4 pm
Check Out 11am
We will TRY accommodate early check-in or late check outs when the schedule allows. We understand that many flights arrive late morning and that many flights depart late at night. We were regulars on that red eye to San Francisco many, many years ago.
On Island Contact Info:
Joe and Rhonda Devane
Tax ID T-076-518-1952
Keywords: Premium Ocean View, Beachfront, Inner Courtyard