|Minimum Stay||7 - 28 nights|
Come swim with the dolphins, fish from the beach, walk the white sands of St. George Island, or relax on the hammock in this newly remodeled home. Your whole family will enjoy this spacious beachfront house.
Wake up to magnificent sunrises and take in awesome sunsets from the open sundecks or recline with a book on the large shaded deck.
Prepare your fresh catch in the well equipped kitchen furnished with all new stainless appliances.
This uncrowded beach offers the perfect getaway for some relaxation or for that big family get together.
Keywords: Beachfront House
Hakuna Matata is a wonderful home-away-from-home place to stay!! So much space, we weren't tripping over each other. Loved the pocket doors to block off a sleeping area so one could wake up and move around without waking others. The beach view can't be beat! Loved watching the dolphins from the porch while enjoying a wonderful breeze! I will be back!
1) Having driven for 9 hours, and unpacked for another hour, I was ready for sleep. I did not expect that we would first have to put sheets on the beds. Upon questioning Peggy the owner, she said she had advised the housekeeper to leave the sheets folded on the beds, since she never knows how many or which beds will be used. I reminded Peggy that regardless of how many we used, we had paid for all of the beds.
2) I expect the option of taking a hot shower or bath, not just a warm one. We requested that the thermostat for the downstairs hot water heater be raised, but Peggy replied that they had used the house the week-end before and the water temp was just fine. She does not have a management company or local representative on call. Her local plumber does not have a key to the hot water heater room, and he charges $90 an hour. She would not be driving over from Tallahassee to help.
3) When we couldn’t get the DVD player to work, she confirmed that there was no one local to help us.
4) There was a strong fishy smell in the upstairs master, which Peggy attributed to the septic tank. She said to turn on the hot water for a long time to dissipate the smell. Considering the high rental price, my expectation is for Peggy to provide a portable air purifier or have the septic tank pumped out. (We’ve visited St. George Island many times, and have never had a septic tank odor.)
If you focus your decision on the beauty of the location and the pretty pictures of the home, you’ll be fine with this choice. But if you share my expectations, consider a different property. I can’t recommend Hakuna Matata.
Hakuna Matata is the ultimate laid back beach house. Large, spacious....lotsa elbow room....best back porch ever...stargazing....milky way...kids loved the hammock...beach fire??? Try that in Destin...fresh fish grilled at the beach...surf fishing...fried shrimp on the back porch...white sand clear water....chillin all day....tired children...happy wife!
Marvelous house, right on the beach, we had barbecues, fireworks, and a bonfire. The house is gorgeous and the Master bedroom's balcony is the place to be to see the most beautiful sunrises ever! I highly recommend this property.
House is located on St. George Island, in the panhandle of Florida. Also known as 'The Forgotten Coast'. St. George was named in the top 10 beaches this year(2013).
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£400|
Deposit of 50% to reserve, balance to be paid 30 days prior to stay. There is a $500 damage deposit.
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.