Beautiful character home close to the Canal du Midi. This 19th century house, at the edge of the picturesque village of Sainte Valiere, provides all year peace and quiet while being close to all the main Minervois/Cathar attractions and Mediterranean beaches.
Recently renovated, the house feels very spacious with its 5 bedrooms, 3 floors and very spacious living/dining area. Its kitchen and 3 bathrooms have a very modern feel, with the huge garden and pool providing relaxation during the very hot summer days.
The Canal du Midi is only 4 kms away at the beautiful castle town of Ventenac. Follow the canal by bike to nearby towns of le Somail or Homps where the famous lake "Lac de Jouarres" offers the full range of Watersports and beach relaxation. The small town of Bize-Minervois with its riverside beach is only a short car drive away while the famous medieval cities of Carcassonne (40kms) and Narbonne (20kms) offer splendid day trips. More beaches can be found in Narbonne Plage or Gruissan (40 kms).
Situated next to the local wine "cave", views cover endless vineyards stretching all the way to the Pyrenees.
The local boulangerie/epicerie is a five minute walk away through narrow streets with the friendly locals more than happy to show you the way. For the weekly shopping bigger supermarkets are available at a 10 minute drive at either Saint Marcel or Olonzac.
- the house is NOT equipped with A/C. Standing fans can be used in bedrooms if required.
- Modern fully-equiped kitchen with Falcon Kitchener cooker, microwave, dishwasher,.... , leading directly to the terrasse and garden.
- Living room with Smart TV, Wii, dvd player, wood burner.
- 5 bedrooms on 2 floors: 2 king size (with beds of 160cm), 1 twin (2 beds of 90cm), 2 singles (beds of 120cm).
- 3 bathrooms with showers: ground, 1st and 2nd floors.
- Secured garage for 2 cars.
- Utility room.
- swimming pool 10m x 5m, not heated, with security cover. Depth between 1m near the steps to 2m.
- Heating: 2 wood burners on the ground floor + electric heating in the bedrooms.
- Linen + towels for bathroom and swimming pool included
- Cleaning included
- Free Wifi
- Ping pong table
- Some old bikes at your disposal (checked every spring).
More pictures and information about Languedoc can be found on our Facebook page "Le Pin Rieur".
Arrival Saturdays 4pm
Departure Saturdays 10am
You are welcome to enquire for bookings with another arrival/departure day by emailing us. We will do our best to accomodate you.
The house is in a village so we ask our guests to be considerate of our neighbours, especially in the evening after 11pm.
We are happy to send you more pictures of the property by email.
Down payment of 25% requested at time of booking.
Balance must be paid 30 days before arrival.
Deposit of £200 will be taken upon booking then refunded by Ownersdirect after your stay.
Secure payment through OwnersDirect website + we encourage you to give us a call at time of payment.