Zandoli is a luxurious villa in an idyllic location on a gently sloping hillside within the national parkland of historic English Harbour and Nelson's Dockyard. The landscaped gardens with cactus, palms, fruit trees, frangipani and bougainvillea surround the villa and newly installed pool complex. And if you tire of relaxing by the pool or on one of the shaded wooden verandas, the beautiful beach at Pigeon Point (voted one of the ten best beaches in the Caribbean) is just 2 minutes’ walk away.
We purchased the villa because it reminded us of our honeymoon in Bali. It is of course built in a Caribbean style but with its wooden façades, plantation shutters on doors and windows and large overhung verandas, it felt very romantic and more than a little oriental in vibe.
The spectacular views from Zandoli add to the ambience. By day, amazing views across Falmouth Harbour towards Rendezvous Bay and the numerous yachts that put ashore in the beautiful tree clad horseshoe harbour. Then at sundown, the sky turns into a glowing light show of pink, orange and red.
The villa is light and spacious with high wooden ceilings in the main living space. It is simply and elegantly furnished with a mixture of wooden furniture imported from Bali and good quality soft furnishings from the UK.
There are two sitting room areas in the villa, ideal if you have kids or perhaps a nanny along for the holiday and wish to have some privacy. Both lead onto the large shaded verandas where you will also find a large table seating 10. The lower covered terrace has 3 luxury sunbeds that catch the evening sun beautifully as well as a selection of soft portable chairs.
The kitchen has all the appliances and gear you’ll need to cook up your favourite meals. Or, if the Caribbean vibe makes cooking seem too taxing, you can stroll 2 minutes to the delightful restaurant on the beach for delicious seafood and other local dishes.
The bedrooms all have queen sized, hand carved, Balinese 4 poster beds with very comfortable mattresses and quality cotton white bed linens. Each bedroom has fitted double wardrobes and en suite bathroom with shower while in the master bedroom, there is a large double bathtub. The bedrooms all have wooden shutters and doors which open out onto the verandas either on lower or upper floors meaning stunning views from your bed! The fourth bedroom, another four poster queen sized bed with walk in wardrobe and an en suite bathroom, is in a self-contained pavilion by the pool. This offers some flexibility if you wish to either escape teenagers or they wish to escape to their own space!
If you are a party of 10, you can use one of the sitting rooms as a fifth bedroom. The comfortable sofas can easily accommodate another 2 people and additional bedding & mosquito nets will be supplied.
In the pool area there is a large outdoor dining pavilion to seat 12 with fitted bar area and bar stools backing on to a small fitted kitchen. Here you will find a large barbecue, sink, fridge, worktop space and water fountain. As part of the pool complex there is also a WC, shower and towel drying area.
The swimming pool has central steps leading up to a terraced sunbathing area with two 7ft gazebo style fixed sunbeds. There are several more freestanding sunbeds and tables which you can dot around as you wish. There is also a banana hammock set beneath the trees for lazy moments of even more relaxation. Or, if you feel energetic, we have a table tennis table for use on the terrace.
The surrounding gardens have been sensitively landscaped and planted with an abundance of lovely variety of tropical plants. At night, there is pretty lighting to illuminate plants and walkways.
On the lower ground floor there is a large laundry room and ice freezer.
Our housekeeper Fiona will greet clients at the house to demonstrate all the facilities and will do three days a week maid-service to clean, change beds and towels and do the house laundry. Fiona can work more days, shop and do personal laundry if required by separate agreement. The landscaped gardens around the house are tended by Gilberto the gardener who comes three times a week.
There is a parking area for up to 5 cars with gates into the property which is completely and securely enclosed by secure fencing.
• Welcome Fridge Pack for Guests
• Cantilever entrance gate to car parking area
• Bali doorway to front of house
• Ceiling fans in every bedroom
• Ceiling fans in main rooms
• Ceiling fans outside on both verandas
• Wi-Fi Internet
• House telephone for local calls
• Pay as you go mobile phones for guests
• Wireless speaker for music
• Samsung Smart 40" TV
• Large collection of books on a take & replace system
• Selection of board games, cards & puzzles
• Outdoor ping ping table
• Outdoor luxury hammock
• Fully equipped kitchen & pantry
• Household cleaning products generally there, please use & replace
• luxury rattan homewares
• Melamine outdoorware
• American range cooker
• Rattan placemats
• Bamboo reusable straws
• Laundry room
• American top loader washing machine
• American top loader tumble dryer
• Iron and ironing board
• Mosquito repellent machines on terraces
• Mosquito repellent machines in main rooms
• Mosquito screens on all shutters
• 2 outdoor showers front & back
• 110v current, American system
• All linens/towels provided inc beach towels
• Cotton buds & pads in all bathrooms
• Emergency supplies
• Boxes of tissues throughout
• First aid box
• Alarm system & safe (laptop size)
• Solar hot water & electric heater backup
• New generator
• Rainwater catchment system
• Whole house rainwater filter system
• Cot & highchair are available for infants from 0 to 4 years ‘on request’
• Managed security system
• Smoking not permitted in the buildings
• Cost includes all filtered water, gas and cleaning supplies