The apartment have just been fully renewed, always maintaining the vintage details combined with all modern comforts. All installations are new: heating, air conditioning, Internet, satellite TV. You will have the opportunity to live a real Venetian vacation, going shopping at Rialto’s market and enjoying your spritz (a typical Venetian cocktail) and cicchetti (typical snacks) at the bacari of the area. We will send you a map. The apartment is at the first floor of a typical Venetian house located in a central and quiet position, the perfect accommodation to visit Venice. The ferry stop “Alilaguna”, from and to the airport, is just 5 minutes away on foot. Nearby the apartments you can find the ferry stop “Ca’ d’Oro” on the Grand Canal (to all directions), a supermarket, a chemist’s, many restaurants and bacari (typical Venetian taverns), a newsagent’s, the gondolino (i.e. a public service to cross the Grand Canal), all kind of shops, the Casino, noble palaces, exhibitions and art galleries.
- Apartment538 sq. ft.
- Separate WCs0
- Min. Stay3 nights
1 Bedrooms, 1Bathrooms , internet free, dishwasher, washing/dryer machine, AC
Carmen & Laura
- english, french, spanish, italian
- Calendar last updated:
- 20 Sep 2018
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
great location and apartment
We had a wonderful stay. I would highly recommend. Very nice apartment and appliances. Good water pressure, hot water, and air conditioning. Quiet and safe neighborhood near restaurants, shops and public transportation.
Clean, compact in a quiet residential backwater canal
Clean with everything you need. Recently renovated. <20 mins walk from train station and any of main sites in Venice
A Fantastic apartment...must stay when in Venice 5 out of 5!
My family (4 total, including 2 teenagers) had a fantastic stay at this apartment.
First, location: the apartment is located on a very quiet street, but only a few minutes from the main streets, restaurants, etc. We arrived at the airport after 22:00 at the airport, caught the Alilaguna (bus ferry) to a stop just 5-10 mins walk to the apartment. Since we weren't comfortable trying to find the apartment at that hour, Laura set it up to have Luca meet us at the ferry stop and he guided us to the apartment (for a small extra fee, due to the late hour)
Apartment: very modern, just like the photos. 2 rooms, the teens shared the fold out sofa and didnt complain. Plenty of towels sheets and blankets. Kitchen is small but usable (we ate out every time anyway). AC in each room works great, especially since it was 30C and humid each day. Were were there late July and lots of mosquitos outside at dusk, so bring/wear bug spray!
Master bedroom was very comfortable. Bathroom was spacious enough, and the shower was very nice. Hot water was an issue since we had 4 of us using the shower, but we spaced out our timing and had plenty. Nice to have a combo washer/dryer in the apartment too.
Everything is walking distance. St. Mark's is about 15 mins away, restaurants and grocery (called COOP) were 5 mins or less. Everything very convenient but far enough away to not have any noise impact.
The windows are shuttered on the outside, and if you keep them closed, it's really hard to keep track of the time of day. We honestly slept in our first morning until 13:00 because it was so quiet and there's no light from the outside.
Apartment is on the 1st floor up, about 15 steps up from the street. Door is the most solid door I've ever seen, you'll definately feel safe!
This apartment is in an awesome location and I would encourage anyone with up to 4 people to stay here. We loved it and would definately stay here again next time. Oh, the teens said to say the wifi is great too!
Quick tip: besides the bug spray, we're from the US and each of the people we deal with in Italy use the WhatsApp app. It's easy to use, if you're going, practice with it first so you're comfortable using it.
Good location, comfortable
I copy most of the reviews about the apartment-comfortable and nice. I will just add few tips.
There is a switch to the water heater on the very right side, right were light switches are in the bathroom . We turned it off by accident and had no hot water until we figured it out. So an explanation or information sheet would be useful.
We recommend COOP grocery store, really good prices and good quality/ selection of products. Be aware of other small stores, especially on the main streets- we had a hard time finding good not overpriced restaurants, so we ended up cooking at the apartment for 2 of 3 days.Ravioli from COOP was delish.
We had a small misunderstanding with Luca, a nice guy who welcomes you upon your arrival. He told us that the check out is at 10.30 and we all(my husband and my 12 year old son) understood that Luca will come to collect the key. We were ready to leave early, Luca was not arriving so I messaged him what time he will come. While I was waiting for a response a cleaning lady started to pound on the door and communicate in Italian that we must leave because it’s 10 min past check out time, me trying to explain that I don’t know who she is and was told to wait in an apartment for Luca..long story short, this was unpleasant and shouldn’t happen. Clear rules and instructions would be helpful and could easily make 4 star review a 5 star one.
Nonetheless we had a great stay in Venice.
Great location 3 blocks north of the Grand Canal
1. GREAT LOCATION. It's obvious that the locals moved to the mainland and are renting out their apartments through VRBO. Our next door neighbors were from San Francisco. The couple from across the street was from Denver. We felt very safe.
2. The apartment had 2 ACs which was helpful because it was hot outside (we were there in late June). They functioned properly.
3. We had to go online to google how to use the washer/dryer unit and it took a long time to dry, but did work just fine so no complaints!
4. There were four of us staying there and we had to space out our showers so that everybody would have hot water which was fine. We just figured that out the hard way on the first morning.
5. The apartment was SPOTLESS and that's one of my key conditions. Very CLEAN!
6. Kitchen had basic supplies (salt, pepper, coffee) but no olive oil so we bought a bottle and left it for the next family.
7. Best part - it was around the corner from the Coop grocery store on the Grand Canal. We ended up making scrambled eggs every morning and having it with fresh fruit, yogurt and bread. It was delicious and we saved a lot of money. We've had a lot of friends stay in Venice over the last couple of years and several complained about poor food quality and high prices. Then we saw the story about the four Asian students who got taken for over $1,000 for a plate of fried fish and steaks. It sounds like many of the restaurants aren't even owned by local Italians anymore. We spoke to one man who was born & raised in Venice and he said he wouldn't give any restaurant recommendations as he trusted none of them anymore. So, if you don't mind doing a little cooking you can probably eat better and less expensively. Save your $ for good meals in Florence & Rome!
8. As checkout was around 10:30AM and we didn't leave town until around 2PM our host was kind enough to give us the address of a business that stores baggage near the train station for a small fee. Very helpful!
9. Overall, the apartment was perfect for our 4 family members and we enjoyed our stay very much. I would recommended it.
An exceptional apartment!
Great location near the main street but in a very quiet street, the unit is an excellent condition, very organized and meticulously clean.It has all the necessities to cook a home meal. We really enjoyed our stay in this apartment,. This is on a second floor and no elevator. We'll definitely recommend this place to our friends and family. Thanks to Luca and Carmen for making our arrival very smooth.
Ruga do Pozzi is a sunny and large calle (typical venetian street) with two peculiar wells in the middle. In ancient times, it used to be the most important meeting place in the area. As you can read in the public sign, this corner of Venice is called “Isola di Ruga do Pozzi” (Ruga do Pozzi Island) since it is enclosed by four canals: the marvellous Santa Sofia’s canal with its beautiful bridges and the taxi stop on demand, the Sant’Andrea’s canal crossed by a bridge which you can see from the apartment “Ca’ 2 pozzi”, the Dolce’s canal which you can see from “Ca’ del Canal” and a forth smaller canal.