A large holiday villa with child protected access to pool, situated in a very quiet and nice suburb of Vila do Conde which is ONLY 20 minutes by Metro from Porto and 20 minutes from the airport.
The beaches, children's play ground, river estuary with canoeing and kayaking, 5 a side football courts, tennis courts and large park areas are ALL 2-4 minutes walk from the villa.
Everything you need is at your doorstep;
1. Fancy a day trip into Porto but can't be bothered taking the car. Then take the highly acclaimed overland Metro system - direct to Porto city and even the airport! Takes about 25 minutes and costs only a few Euros each
2. The beaches: miles of beaches 3-4 minutes walk from the house
3. Morning coffee and breakfast: The esplanade is only 3 minutes walk from the house and there is one sea facing cafe after another. The Best one is the one nearest the house with cakes and morning pastries to 'die for'......you're on holiday - so go on!
4. Lunches and dinner out: You are spoiled for choice with a huge variety of restaurants and we will give you a list of the best ones to visit. We even have one of the best Sushi restaurant in Portugal on your doorstep....see the profile pictures
5. Food shopping and eating at home: We've got that covered too! There is a well stocked supermarket about 5 minutes walk from the house and there is a great farmer's market on Sunday's and also super butchers with healthy organic meat options to choose from.
6. Things for the kids to do apart from the beach and the pool:
There's plenty for all of them to do. The overland metro goes one stop to Povoa de Varzim and there's great grown up night life and clubs for the 'older children'
On your doorstep there are outdoor public tennis courts, swing parks, five a side courts, volleyball courts, basketball courts etc.
The house is set on 3 floors.
There is a spacious lounge with seating for 8/10 people. The lounge has TV, DVD, Wifi and lots of English speaking channels.
The dining area has an extendable table that can seat 8/10 with ease
Both the lounge and dining area all go straight out to the terrace in the garden via large sliding glass doors, where you will find the BBQ, Pool and outside tables and chairs
There is also a well equipped kitchen with a separate utility room.
Also on the ground floor is a cozy double bedroom.
Finally there is a large bathroom with a hydro-massage shower.
There are four further bedrooms on this floor.
The master bedroom which has large sliding glass doors going out onto a large veranda which has outside table and chairs. It also has an en-suite bathroom again with a hydro-massage power shower and his/her sinks.
A nice double bedroom which has been furnished with real solid traditionally handcrafted furniture which very few places make any more. There is not a drop of Ikea furniture in here - not that there's anything wrong with Ikea of course :-)
A nice double bedroom with large comfortable double bed and TV
Twin bedroom ideal for children but perfectly acceptable and comfortable for two adults.
Large jacuzzi bath with power shower - what a treat after a long day by the pool or on the beach! His and her sinks as well.
Lower Ground Floor
This is a great space - it has a full size pool table and a fully functional bar for you to stock your holiday drinks in and sit, chat, laugh and relax after a long day in the sunshine. A perfect way to catch up and finish the evening off.
The house comes with a private drive way that can take two cars, but there is usually plenty of parking on the street.
We also have 3 mountain bikes for adults and 2 childrens bikes which you are welcome to borrow. We have 2 adult cycle helmets so do make sure you consider bringing your own.
5 bedrooms sleeping 10 people
Great 'bunker room' entertainment lounge with pool table/bar
Well equipped kitchen
Walking distance to shops, restaurants, beaches, play parks,and Metro system