|Minimum Stay||5 - 7 nights|
If a high level of comfort, peace and quiet, and passing your days at a gentle pace are top of your holiday list, then The Mews will be a very good fit for you.
The Mews has been beautifully converted from a tumbled down barn into a charming cottage and furnished to a very high standard. Exposed beams, re-pointed stone walls and stone floors all merge seamlessly to create a serene, comfortable living environment.
The Mews adjoins another rental property Le Chevalier, both owned by Paul and Juliet, but is set back from the road and is a completely separate property with its own entrance and private courtyard.
Puligny-Montachet is a charming wine village, with a neighbourhood Boulangerie for your morning croissants, l’Epicerie for daily groceries, a cool wine bar for aperitifs, (say Bonjour to Julien) the popular village café, a choice of bistros, and Le Montrachet, an excellent, one star Michelin restaurant. This full range of true Burgundian, gastronomic experiences is just a short walk away
Features of The Mews include:
• An open plan, living, dining and kitchen, looking out through the private terrace towards the Place du Monument.
• A fully equipped kitchen with multi-function oven, microwave, induction hob, dishwasher, washer/dryer and Nespresso coffee machine
• Living area with a large sofa bed, flat screen TV receiving UK and French channels, WIFI and Bluetooth speaker.
• A large round dining table with seating for 4
• The bedroom suite (first floor) is spacious and light with views out to the square. It has a queen size bed and ensuite bathroom, with walk-in shower, wash basin and wc. Hair dryer supplied.
• Air conditioning in the bedroom
• Outdoors… step out through glass doors from the living area into the shaded, gravel courtyard with outdoor dining for 4.
• A `starter pack` of basics which typically includes: milk, sugar, tea, coffee, bottled water, salt & pepper, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar.
• Essentials: hand soap, toilet rolls, kitchen paper, foil, cling film, bin bags, matches, paper napkins.
• All bed linen, towels, and cleaning products.
• Cot and high chair available on request.
• For stays of two weeks or more, we include a mid-stay clean and change of linen
The Mews is owned by Australian winemakers, Paul and Juliet, long time Francophiles and lovers of Burgundy wine who make the point to visit Puligny-Montrachet each year to relax, meet up with family and friends and of course, to taste some wine!
Our two properties are managed by Su and David Bishop owners of Location Burgundy, specialists in the management of holiday home rentals in Puligny-Montrachet, Meursault, Cissey, Pommard and Beaune.
Su and David have lived year round, in nearby Pommard for more than 15 years and have incomparable knowledge of all the attractions, services and facilities in Beaune and the surrounding wine villages.
Su Bishop purchased this apartment in 2012
We fell in love with Burgundy wine many years ago and started including the region in our European travels. We were always disappointed with the choice of available holiday rental accommodation. Imagine our delight when we fell in love with this house; in a beautiful wine village.
Our other property le Chevalier has 3 bedrooms and bathrooms, but we have a large circle of family and friends, so to turn the attached barn into a 1 bedroom Apartment seemed a natural course to take.
It needed total renovation. But together with Le Chevalier we were delighted we could finally create a place that has all the comforts of home; the kind of place where we would choose to stay.
The Mews is situated in a beautiful wine village, overlooking a charming garden square with petanque pitch shaded by mature trees. It is walking distance to shops and a great choice of restaurants.
The Apartment contains many features such as exposed oak beams, parquet floors, and elegant French furnishings. The open plan kitchen/dining area flows to a tranquil outdoor terrace that is ideal for balmy summer evenings to enjoy delicious Burgundian food and wine.
Learn more about this vacation rental at the manager's website:
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Mar 2017 - 31 Oct 2017
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
1 Nov 2017 - 28 Feb 2018
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Rates are for 1 or 2 persons
During winter months heating is likely to be required, add 10 euros per day.