`High quality` are words synonymous with the chardonnay wines of Puligny-Montrachet, and the standard of accommodation offered by le Chevalier deserves the same billing.
The renovation, undertaken by local artisans, and lovingly overseen by the owners, Australian wine makers Paul and Juliet, successfully integrates original traditional materials with those of a more contemporary nature to create a stylish, elegant and spacious living ambiance.
Exposed beams, parquet floors, and tasteful French furnishings, feature throughout le Chevalier, and together with an expansive terrace, you are assured of a restful and comfortable holiday.
Puligny-Montachet is a charming wine village, with a neighbourhood Boulangerie for your morning croissants, l’Epicerie for daily groceries, a cool wine bar for aperitifs, (say Bonjour to Julien) the popular village café, a choice of bistros, and Le Montrachet, an excellent, one star Michelin restaurant. This full range of true Burgundian, gastronomic experiences is just a short walk away.
Paul and Juliet also own an adjoining one bedroom Cottage, The Mews, and while they are both independent of each other, they can be booked concurrently.
Features of Le Chevalier include:
• First floor lounge with two large sofas, flat screen TV receiving UK and French channels, free Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth speaker
• Living space leads to the very sunny and fully equipped kitchen with induction hob, multi-function oven, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, microwave and Nespresso coffee machine
• Adjoining the kitchen is a spacious dining area with seating for 8.
• Full width, sliding glass doors open directly onto the large, paved, first floor terrace, ideal for relaxing and outdoor dining, also with seating for 8.
• Off the entrance hall, at ground floor level is a light and spacious bedroom suite with queen size bed and en-suite shower room, wash basin and wc.
• Also on the ground floor is a second bedroom with twin beds, ensuite bathroom with shower, basin and a separate wc in the adjoining entrance hall.
• A second large bedroom suite is at the top of the house which enjoys commanding views over the village to the vineyards beyond. It has a queen size bed, ample wardrobe space and en-suite bathroom with large basin, wc, free standing bath tub and separate walk-in shower.
• Hair dryers supplied.
• Air conditioning in the dining room and master bedroom.
• The laundry room with washer, dryer and ironing facilities is separately located at the lower ground floor.
• Car parking is available outside the home, and also often around the leafy village square opposite.
• A `starter pack` of basics which typically includes: milk, sugar, tea, coffee, bottled water, salt & pepper, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar.
• Essentials: hand soap, toilet rolls, kitchen paper, foil, cling film, bin bags, matches, paper napkins.
• All bed linen, towels, and cleaning products.
• Cot and high chair available on request.
• For stays of two weeks or more, we include a mid-stay clean and change of linen