4 BR, 3-1/2 BTHS, sleeps 14, 2 eating areas, Screen Porch & Deck, HDTV & WiFi
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 14 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 7 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 7 days before check-in.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property that is caused by you or your party during your stay.
Children allowed - Please include ages of children.Please include ages of children.
No pets - Absolutely no pets of any kindAbsolutely no pets of any kind
No smoking - Smoking permitted outside only. Smoking permitted outside only.
Max guests: 14
Minimum age of primary renter: 28
- Rental Agreement must be completed by responsible party and returned to owners for screening to determine if reservation will be accepted.
- Rental Agreement screening review by Owners will typically take 24hrs. Owners have the right to cancel the initial reserved booking after screening.
- If the initial reserved booking is cancelled after screening review, a full refund will be provided if any payments have been already made.
Check in and check out with no person-to-person contact
Enhanced cleaning practices
Cleaned with disinfectant
Brian & Barb Meckes
About Brian & Barb Meckes
I was raised in the country outside of Palmerton, PA. My wife grew up in Morris Plains, NJ. We met at work in the mid 80’s and married shortly afterward. We moved to the Orlando, FL area in the late 80’s and lived there for approximately 20 years. While in Florida we had two children – Jessi & Alex. Jessi loves anything and everything about horses and Alex enjoys living the big city life (lived in NYC after college and now lives in Boston). In 2006 we moved to the Raleigh, NC area and shortly afterward fell in love with the Asheville, NC area. We decided we would someday retire in this area.
Brian & Barb Meckes purchased this Cabin in 2016
Why Brian & Barb Meckes chose Black Mountain
While Florida offered warm weather, many attractions and beautiful beaches – we missed the mountains. A friend owned a cabin in the Smokey Mountains in Blairsville, GA. We vacationed there often and enjoyed the hikes, views and country air. Eventually work led us to Raleigh, NC. We vacationed in the Asheville area and immediately fell in love with the beauty of the mountains. We decided we wanted to purchase an early retirement home in the area. It took three years and many miles of driving but we finally found the house we knew we would call home. It happened to be Linger Lake Lodge.
What makes this Cabin unique
Private and peaceful setting overlooking a 2 acre stocked lake. Two streams on the property, an apple orchard and lots of open area for children to play. Approximately 15 minutes from Chimney Rock and Lake Lure. The shops of Hendersonville and Black Mountain are approximately 25 minutes. The city of Asheville is approximately 40 minutes from our home.