Sages is a grand 6-bedroom Regency villa with 80ft verandah hidden in an acre of walled gardens, at the very heart of a pretty Devon village of traditional houses in the Torridge Valley. It is great for families as the children can run around the extensive grounds without any danger of traffic.
The building is divided into Sages house (one half) and Sages Flats 1 and 2 (other halves of ground and first floors respectively). Sages house and Sages Flat 1 are available for holiday lets, either separately or together. Sages Flat 1 has private access and a private garden if hired separately. A communicating door enables the whole house to be opened up if hired together.
The house, out-buildings and grounds are also available for venue hire, for parties and weddings (NB: Sages is not currently licensed for wedding services but please enquire if this is of interest as it is our plan). Use for an event requires a minimum of 7 nights booking for both Sages house and Flat 1. Please contact us if you wish to hold an event so that we can discuss parking etc. with you. We can also provide folding tables and chairs, parasols, bunting, some village fete-type games etc. for an additional charge.
The accommodation at Sages Flat 1 comprises:
- a large drawing room with period features and working fireplace overlooking the private front garden.
- hall, with french doors to front garden
- bathroom, with shower over bath and with WC
- side bedroom off hall, overlooking private side garden (3 single beds)
- rear bedroom off kitchen passage (1 double bed)
- rear hall to courtyard
- courtyard parking (1 car)
- access to walled gardens (c. 1acre)
If hired together with Sages house, Sages Flat 1 has access to the front hall of Sages house through a communicating door in its drawing room. Please see separate listing for full details of Sages house. Summary details are:
- a large drawing room with working fireplace overlooking private front garden
- dining room with French windows onto front garden
- sunroom, leading onto private walled garden and ground floor shower and WC
- kitchen and scullery
- master bedroom (superking / twin beds) overlooking front garden, with ante-room that can be used as a nursery if required
- second bedroom (superking / twin beds) overlooking front garden, with communicating door into master bedroom plus separate entrance from bathroom landing
- third bedroom (double bed)
- shower room
- extensive walled gardens of 1 acre
- 2 acre paddock at the rear of the property, leading down to a stream, which can be used for event parking, fireworks displays etc.
Sages has been our family home for nearly one hundred years. We are at the beginning of a long-term restoration programme so we have set our rates and policies to reflect its element of "shabby chic" and families with young children are very welcome! Sages flat is furnished more basically than Sages house so its rates are correspondingly lower.