Bedroom with mezzanine 2/6 guests, complete with a pay box
- English, Spanish, Russian, Italian
100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
Schöne antiquitär eingerichtete Wohnung
Wir hatten zu sechst eine sehr schöne Urlaubswoche in Lovere. Die zentrale Lage der Wohnung ist sehr zu empfehlen.
LOVERE, "one of the most beautiful towns in Italy
Located on the western shore of Lake Iseo, Lovere is undoubtedly among the most renowned centers of Lombardy, thanks to a charm hard to find in other places lake.
The medieval town, with its perfectly preserved towers and its narrow streets, the fifteenth-century Basilica of St. Mary Valvendra and the prestigious Academy of Fine Arts Tadini have in fact allowed the country in 2003 to become part of "The Most Beautiful Villages in Italy", the prestigious club founded in 2001 by the Council for Tourism of the Association of Italian Municipalities (ANCI).
What makes it unique is the atmosphere Lovere intoxicating air which comes strolling along the lake, especially for 13 Martyrs Square, many compared to the impressive square of Portofino.
In the old town, also, tourists will be delighted by the scents and flavors that recall the traditions that have made famous Lovere in the past.
CHURCH OF ST MARIA IN Valvendra
The imposing Basilica of S. Mary Valvendra (75 m. X 25 m.) Was built nell'alveo of a stream, the Val Vendra, which took its name, between 1473 and 1483, a period of great economic prosperity for Lovere, thanks to the production and to trade in woolen cloth, exported mainly in German-speaking countries of Central Europe
The Basilica is in Renaissance Lombard style, with Venetian influences. The interior has three naves, divided by twelve columns, with chapels on the left side. The most valuable work consists of large panels of the organ, painted on the outside, from Ferramola with the Annunciation and, inside, by Antonio Bonvicino, called "Moretto" with equestrian portraits of the patron saints of Brescia.
The symbolism of number is one of the peculiarities of the basilica: the 33 steps leading to the entrance recall in fact the age of Christ, while the 12 stairs of the number of apostles.
ACADEMY OF FINE ARTS TADINI
The palace was built between 1821 and 1826 by Count Luigi Tadini in the place where, in 1821, he had built a chapel to house the remains of his son Faustino, who died during the renovation of Palazzo Barboglio, used by the family to vacationing.
Open to the public since 1828, the Galleria dell'Accademia Tadini is one of the oldest museums of Lombardy and has retained its identity as nineteenth-century collection. The heart of the collection are the works of Antonio Canova: the "Religion", rare terracotta sketch, and the "Stele Tadini" cenotaph memorial located in the chapel in memory of the young friend Faustino.
The Gallery houses a rich collection of porcelain Italian and European paintings and a selection of Lombard and Venetian schools from the fourteenth to the eighteenth century, including works by Lorenzo Veneziano, Jacopo Bellini, Tintoretto Domenico, Francesco Mazzola (said the "Parmigianino"), Domenico Morone, Giacomo Ceruti (called the "Pitocchetto"), Giandomenico Tiepolo and Francesco Hayez.
Website: www. accademiatadini. en
SANCTUARY OF THE HOLY AND GEROSA CAPITANIO
Dedicated to Christ, the king of virgins, the sanctuary was consecrated by the Bishop of Brescia in 1938 in honor of Lovere Bartolomea Capitanio and Vincenza Gerosa, canonized by Pius XII in 1950.
A splendid example of late nineteenth-century religious architecture, presents itself as an architectural Gothic-Lombard, with references to Roman and Arabic. Of particular value is the bell tower, which rises to twenty meters and ends with a slender spire.
The mosaics and the symbols of the porticoed entrance stairs recall the Beatitudes and the works of mercy, in keeping with the charitable purposes of the "Sisters of Charity" (also called "Sisters of Maria Bambina") which was founded in Lovere from two saints in 1832, has spread rapidly throughout the world.
Every year thousands of pilgrims from around the world come to visit the shrine in Lovere and pray in front of the two saints.
Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II
In this charming square, today dedicated to King Vittorio Emanuele II, merge all small and narrow alleys of the medieval village. And 'it characterized Podesta palace and tower, which stand a fresco with the lion, symbol of Venetian rule, bearing the date 1442 and a large clock.
The fresco is a copy, as a part of the original is currently at the Town Hall, while the other was lost.
CONVENT OF S. MAURITIUS - CHAPEL OF ST PIETRO
In the twelfth century there was a church on the hill of S. Maurizio. In 1448 the friars of the Franciscan Observant they built their monastery and remained there until 1601, when they were replaced by the Reformed who greatly expanded the building. In the churchyard of the monastery is the Chapel of St. Peter, which contains a valuable fresco of the '400