This Grade II listed, terraced holiday cottage is located in the heart of the ancient part of Woodbridge, and dates back to the town’s medieval foundations. Originally The Guild Hall and subsequently cited as the first Woodbridge Free Grammar School founded by Thomas Arnott in 1577, many of the original features have been exposed, and it has been renovated and furnished to a very good standard. An ideal location for year-round breaks, there is a cosy woodburner in the living room perfect for a winter’s afternoon after a stroll along the river, and a courtyard for alfresco dining in the summer. Located just off the market square, Woodbridge is a bustling market town with a range of independent shops, fine dining pubs, restaurants and coffee shops, as well as a swimming pool, independent cinema, sailing and glorious walks along the River Deben. The train station is also nearby, with rail links to London, the coast and the Broads. The ancient Saxon burial ground at Sutton Hoo (NT) is 3 miles away, and the famous seaside resorts of Aldeburgh and Southwold are within easy reach. Ideally located for golf. Shop 500 yards, pub and restaurant 50 yards.
Property # 1862260