|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
TERRAY House is a charming town house, located in the heart of Chamonix, in the pedestrian area with all the amenities (shops and restaurants, access to the ski slopes with bus stops 100 meters ...). It belonged to the famous mountaineer Lionel Terray in the 50s and just be a total renovation.
The first level, accessible by an outside staircase, includes a large entrance with cupboards, three comfortable bedrooms (one with terrace and one with balcony) each including a flat screen TV and a bathroom. Also at this level, sauna and guest toilet.
The upper level of the house Terray approaches the loft with its exposed beams, bay window opens onto a balcony and skylights provide plenty of light. This level consists of a fully equipped modern kitchen, large sofas and armchairs (flat screen TV, DVD, Bose sound system, mountain library of books, board games) and opens with a master bedroom with bathroom. At street level, a local with storage for skis and ski boot heater (or local can bike or storage room in summer).
Terray House also has two parking spaces (one foot outside the house and another in the basement of a nearby residence.
• Living room / kitchen with exposed beams opening on South East balcony of 60 m²
• Annapurna Room (double bed 180x200 or 2 single beds 90x200) with closet, bathroom with shower and toilet, 16 m².
• Fitzroy Room (large bed 180x200 or 2 single beds 90x200) with wardrobe, shower room and WC, approximately 16 sqm, opening onto a terrace South and West
• Jannu Room (double bed 160 or 2 single beds 80x200) with closet bathroom and WC 14 m²,
• Makalu room (double bed 160x190 or 2 single beds 80x190) 10 m² with adjacent shower room
• Guest WC
• Cupboards with laundry
The lease is granted with the following benefits:
• Linen Supply (mattress, house sheet, duvet and duvet cover, pillows, bath towels and towels), changed weekly by our housekeeper and cleaned laundry (price in excess of € 25 bed). Bed linen and towels will be changed at the request (with notice of 48 hours at the same rate.
• cleaning once a week, at an hourly rate of € 25. Housekeeping can be done on request (48 hours notice in advance) at the hourly rate of 25 €
• A breakfast service is offered, (order the day before for the next day) at a unit price of 15 €.
• We welcome the beginning of stay, we are at your service during the stay at the estate agency Antoine close to home. End of stay, we will be present for the return of the keys and the inventory ...
Welcome to this house full of history!
House Terray should not his name at random. It belonged to the famous mountaineer Lionel Terrray, author of "The Conquerors of the Useless", classic of mountain literature, translated worldwide. Enthusiast high mountain guide, ski coach, explorer, but also director and lecturer, he was a member of eight expeditions in the Andes and Himalayas. Of these, Annapurna (8091 m), the first 8000 ever climbed in 1950. But also the first to Fitz Roy (3405 m) in 1952, the Chomo Lonzo (7804 m) in 1954, Makalu (8463 m) in 1955 or Jannu (7710 m) in 1962.
As tribute to him, his son Antoine was renovated this house that belonged to him with heart. And it is he who will welcome today.
"If really no stone, no serac, no crevice is waiting somewhere in the world to stop my race, a day will come when, old and weary, I shall find peace among animals and flowers." Lionel Terray. "The Conquerors of the useless."
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Stay tax||€3 per night, per person. This amount will be due to the owner upon arrival. Does not apply to children under 12 years.|