|Minimum Stay||3 - 5 nights|
Your booking will be backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee when you complete your reservation online and finalise payment on HomeAway.Learn more
This modern and recently redecorated apartment is located in the most famous district of Central Venice, just 3 minutes walking from Piazza San Marco. The area is quiet but full of good restaurants and glamorous shops. The apartment can host up to 4 people and it is at the second floor of a typical building served by an elevator. The design is original Venetian with antique marbles, walnut wood and exposed wooden beams… the atmosphere is absolutely fantastic. There are two comfortable double bedrooms, one complete bathroom, a large living room with sofa bed for one and a fully equipped kitchen. The apartment is perfect if you wish to experience Venice directly from its most central and elegant place.
This apartment has an ideal location just 5 minutes from Piazza San Marco and close to shopping, restaurants, cafes, and central Venice. It was very comfortable for our family of four and we enjoyed our stay. The apartment lacked wifi, despite advertising it had it, and had a broken washing machine. Both were big issues during a five-day stay. The couch would be an uncomfortable bed for a fifth person and lacked bedding and sheets, but the other beds were comfortable and the bathroom was fine. We would return again if not for the wifi and washing machine issues.
We stayed for 3 nights in early Nov. Alice was a friendly host and communication was good. The apartment is exactly what the pictures show, perfect for a couple, clean and modern. It had all the necessities we required. Wifi connection was good. The apartment is in an excellent location. A great experience and highly recommended!
Great value for money. Lovely host, very friendly and helpful. The apartment is very well maintained and comfortable with all the amenities that you need. It is well located for a getting around the city. There are good restaurants nearby and many facilities. We loved to stay here!
Thank you so much for an amazing few days. The apartment was perfect and exactly as described. The location is perfect. The house is like the ad says, very comfortable and cozy, well equipped and decorated. Ideal for a couple who wants to spend a few days in the city. I will definitely recommend this apartment if anyone is looking for accommodation in Venice.
Vaste appartement, calme, confortable, fonctionnel et parfaitement placé, à 2 pas de la place St Marc et de la Fenice .
Par contre, lil est peu lumineux car coincé entre 2 autres immeubles comme la plupart des constructions dans ce quartier de Venise et il manque un micro onde pour les adeptes du" vite fait bien fait " entre 2 balades .
La réception par Arianna à l'arrêt du vaporetto a été parfaite .
Venise est magique dès que l'on sort des sentiers battus, et vaut la peine que l'on casse sa tirelire pour elle .
Beliggende var fin, men der var ikke noget elegant over lejligheden. Der manglede lys 2 steder og ikke læselamper i soveværelset. Køkkenet var utrolig mangelfuldt, der var feks. Kun 3 glas og ingen vinglas, (efter henvendelse fik vi 4 vandglas), ingen elkedel eller kaffemaskine, ingen tabs til opvaskemaskinen ligesom ovn, skuffer mm var fyldt med krummer og madrester. Resten af lejligheden var nusset og manglede rengøring.
Venlig hilsen Marius Larsen
Men Venedig var skøn.
The San Marco district is the oldest and the most famous of Venice. The center for excellence in the district is Piazza San Marco. Known as "the drawing room of the world", it has been the site of political events and the most important religious center for the Venetian Republic and the Venetian life for almost a millennium. Piazza San Marco is to be considered as the biggest museum of the lagoon city: it is precisely here that starts the city of Venice, with the Basilica and the Ducal Palace. The San Marco district is named after the basilica erected to contain the remains of San Marco, brought from Alexandria, Egypt by two Venetian merchants, in the year 828. Since then, San Marco became the patron saint of the city, taking the place of San Teodoro first patron saint of Venice. Next to the sacred building stands The Doge's Palace that, along with the Basilica, is the symbol of Venice. Until the fall of the Venetian Republic in 1797 it was the residence of the Doge, a public building and the public administration Justice place.
Monumental attractions in the area of Piazza San Marco:
- El Paron de Casa: so Venetians affectionately call the Campanile of San Marco.
- The Clock Tower: recently restored, holds the Two Moors designated to beat the hours.
- The Procuratie New and Old Procuratie that laterally delimit the square hosting the historic cafes like the Caffè Florian and Caffè Quadri as well as elegant shops and jewelers.
- The two splendid columns of San Marco square with the most important symbols of Venetian history: the statue of St. Theodore and the winged lion.
- The Bridge of Sighs: hence the prisoners passed through going from the courts to the prisons, knowing that they would probably never see the light of day.
NOT TO BE MISSED:
- Museum Corerr which offers an exciting journey to discover the art and history of Venice.
- The Marciana National Library that contains about 750,000 volumes.
- The Marciana Library, beautiful Renaissance building begun by J. Sansovino and finished by Scamozzi.
- Palazzo Contarini del Bovolo, well known for the tower climb round the spiral staircase.
- Church of San Salvador treasure of history and art between faith and devotion.
- The Grand Canal lined spendidi palaces, it is also one of the most fascinating to enjoy a wonderful view over the lagoon and the island of San Giorgio.
- The Teatro La Fenice: one of the most famous opera theaters in the world.
*Plus compulsory or optional charges based on actual occupancy or consumption. The payment has to be made in the currency offered by the property manager, before use of conversion tool. Payments in other currencies have to be negotiated beforehand with the property manager. The currency conversion tool is provided for your convenience only and is non-binding.