Winter reservations require traction tires (all-season minimum) and all-wheel drive vehicle or 4x4 for access.
Welcome to Big Ponderosa Pine. Stay in an authentic cedar log cabin and discover rustic luxury in the Cascade Mountains. Here, you can golf, ski or simply relax. This is a great location any time of year. Located at Kahler Glen Golf and Ski Resort, we are just 18 miles West of Leavenworth and close to Stevens Pass ski area. We are minutes from Lake Wenatchee State Park, known for its family-friendly swimming and beach area or for renting kayaks for a tranquil paddle. This is a cross roads between outdoor activities and bustling town festivals.
Our cabin sits mountainside nestled amongst large spruce, fir and ponderosa pine trees. The outdoor deck area provides fantastic peaceful views. Even though we are located in a golf course resort, you will still feel a sense of space and feel the presence of nature.
You'll find the main level spacious, yet cozy. Your family can gather around the warm and inviting gas fireplace. Our kitchen is great for entertaining with granite counter tops and convenient breakfast bar area. It is well stocked with many amenities’ cooks will love. The dining room seats eight people. The main floor consists of three bedrooms, two bathrooms, living room, dining room, kitchen and deck.
• Master bedroom with queen bed and ensuite full bath
• Second bedroom with queen bed
• Third bedroom with twin bunk beds
• Main bathroom with luxury shower
A carpeted daylight lower-level suite provides additional entertainment and sleeping areas.
• Queen bed with privacy curtains
• Rec room area with foosball table
You'll be pleasantly surprised with all the little extras and touches that we provide to help you feel right at home.
Winter and early spring reservations (Thanksgiving through March): This community is great for skiers or families looking for snow activities. At an elevation of 1886 feet, we receive quite allot of snow here. All winter reservations REQUIRE traction tires (all-season minimum) and an all-wheel drive (like a Subaru) or 4x4 for access. We regularly plow our driveway. However, we find due to the steep grade, an all-wheel drive vehicle is REQUIRED to get back up. Two-wheel drive vehicles, (such as car or mini-van) even with chains cannot make it back up the driveway.
Other things to note:
• During U.S. Holiday weekends and Christmas week, we require minimum 3-night reservation.
• Longer stays require additional cleaning service mid-way through a reservation.
• The cleaning fee is primarily for laundry and light post-stay tidy. To avoid additional cleaning charges follow check-out instructions. We request that prior to your departure you remove your garbage and recycling, load the dishwasher and run it and check that the house is closed up and secure.
• There is no cable TV. However, free wireless internet is included in your stay and we have an extensive DVD collection and Netflix, so you can sit back and watch movies.
• Additional guests or visitors beyond your reservation request are not permitted. Our community association has strict occupancy rules.
• Parking is limited and assigned. In winter months, there is space only for three cars. There is a two-car garage and one space in front of the garage. We have a shared driveway for access with neighbors. Questions regarding parking need to be addressed well in advance of arrival.
• Security camera disclosure: For your safety and the security of the property, external security cameras monitor access and conditions of the golf course.
When making a reservation request, tell us a little about yourself and your plans in the area. We are happy to make recommendations to you based on your interests to ensure a pleasant stay.
Keywords: Cabin, Kahler Glen, Lake Wenatchee, Big Ponderosa, Golf, Ski