LOTE 8, APARTMENT 008, QUINTA do MORGADO is a terraced town house split over three floors with a central staircase. It is registered with the local council, in Tavira, registration number, 24647/AL.
THE ACCOMMODATION COMPRISES:
• Two bedrooms; one twin and one double both with built in robes. The double bedroom has a large south-facing balcony.
• Two bathrooms
• Combined living and dining area; with comfortable sofa bed provided in the living area, (newly replaced sofa bed 2016).
• Kitchen with breakfast bar
• Large & private, south facing roof terrace with sea view over rooftops.
• Small private grassed and hedged south-facing garden.
PROVIDED WITHIN THE ACCOMMODATION:
• All bed linen and towels, (except pool/beach towels), cooking equipment, crockery, cutlery etc. for six persons
• Cleaning equipment, iron and ironing board, drying facility.
• Additional baby cot, strap-on highchair, and two stairgates (no additional costs). BABY COT/CRIB IS APPROPRIATE FOR A CHILD UP TO 89cm IN HEIGHT or 14kg.
• Additional furniture for outside living: tables, chairs, sun-loungers etc.
• The kitchen is equipped with a breakfast bar and 2 stools, oven, hob, microwave, washing machine, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, kettle, toaster etc
• The property is double glazed throughout with external security shutters and internal fly screens to all doors and windows
• Air con is provided in the living area and bedrooms. Central heating is provided for winter use.
• The living area is equipped with cable TV and DVD Player
• Wi-Fi is provided throughout
• Security combination safe in main bedroom
• Pool passes for six persons
The property is cleaned with new linen provided at arrival and will be similarly cleaned after your departure. It additionally includes, change of towels twice per week,sheets once a week, pillow cases, and kitchen cloths three times per week. DAILY CLEANING IS ALSO INCLUDED IN THE COST.
Any problems with the property can be dealt with via Reception at Quinta do Morgado or by contacting the Owner.
ACCESS TO THE PROPERTY WILL BE PROVIDED BY RECEPTION STAFF AT QUINTA do MORGADO. CHECK-IN 15.00. CHECK-OUT 11.00.
The staff are very helpful and are fluent in most European languages.
• Bar and Snack Bar
• Two swimming pools for adults and two swimming pools for children.
Pool side snacks/drinks served during PEAK SEASON, July & August.
• Tennis court (small fee is charged on booking, for use of equipment)
• Self Service Laundry
• Supermarket with super Deli counter (at the entrance of Quinta do Morgado).
• Shopping Centre "Gran Plaza" approx 5 minutes walk.
* Medical Centre.
* Golf Booking Facility.
* Bike Hire Facility
* Cash machines Facilities (next to Bar and inside
of on-site supermarket).
TAVIRA and LOCALITY:
Tavira is an ideal place to stay and to use as a base to explore the East Algarve area. Quinta do Morgado is just 35 minutes’ drive from Faro airport, and 25 minutes’ drive to the Spanish border.
The condominium is set within beautiful landscaped gardens with many sub-tropical plants and old olive trees. The grounds are cleaned and tended daily with security patrol at night.
Tavira is one of the most charming & unspoilt towns on the Algarvian coast. It has so many different aspects to offer, sightseeing in both Portugal and Spain with towns steeped in history, all set in spectacular scenery. An endless choice of activities includes golf, fishing, horse riding, sailing, windsurfing, scuba diving, cycling etc. Many of the blue flag beaches are minutes from the villa. There are many quality golf courses to choose from, the nearest is the prestigious 18 hole Benamor golf, 5 minutes’ drive from the house.
Tavira town is unspoilt, with cobblestone streets and many restaurants, shops bars and terraces straddling the Gilão river, it is regarded as the Algarve’s prettiest town, and exudes an authentic Portuguese charm. Big hotels are few, churches are many, fishing boats crowd the river and everyone has time to dawdle. Our house is approximately 10-15 minutes walk into the old town centre.
The ‘Gran Plaza’ is a modern covered shopping precinct just 5 minutes walk from our house. There are numerous quality contemporary shops and stores, a large ‘Continente’ supermarket, good selection of eating facilities and a cinema. All with free covered parking and climate controlled internal environment.
Tavira beach is 12 km long and forms part of the Ria Formosa National Park. It is located on Tavira Island and is accessed by a short, and regular river ferry ride.
TRAVELLING and GETTING AROUND:
Most people collect a hire-car at Faro airport; driving is safe and car hire is good value.
Alternatively it is easy and cheap to get around using local transport. A taxi from the Airport to Tavira will cost approximately 60 euros. Taxis around Tavira are safe, clean, numerous and good value.
A local bus takes a circular route around Tavira town and its outskirt throughout the day; the bus stop is close to the entrance of the condominium, on the opposite side of the roundabout. Additionally buses also stop outside the condominium that travel daily along the coast in both directions.
A good train service runs throughout the day along the Algarve coast, allowing you to explore many more places of interest further along the coast at a reasonable cost.
A VARIETY OF DAY TRIPS ARE AVAILABLE TO BOOK VIA RECEPTION, for examples, SLIDE & SPLASH and AQUALAND.
USE OF THE PROPERTY:
We request that guests respect our home. We understand that accidents happen and we would hope that any breakages are reported to us to enable us to provide a complete facility for the next guests.
Towels within the accommodation must not be used at the beach or around the pool. Beach/pool towels can be purchased locally at reasonable price.
We request that no smoking takes place inside the house.