House, 3 Bedrooms, 3 Baths, (Sleeps 2-6)
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 30 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 14 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 14 days before check-in.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property that is caused by you or your party during your stay.
Max guests: 6
- Just as we take care of ourselves we should take care of our home. When at Casa Don Carlos we want you and yours to feel like it's your house, so we appreciate refraining from smoking except in designated areas, taking care of amenities and art. It's not a long list as you can see, just basic house rules. While at the house you can enjoy free internet Wi-Fi access, cable TV, free international calls, washer and dryer, 1 parking space (inside) 1 street parking, house cleaning service (House cleaning 5 days/week from 8 am to 1 pm except Wed, Sun and national Holidays) , a credit for electricity for bookings 7 days or longer and offer *optional services (additional costs - but very affordable) such as: airport shuttle, personalized trips to different touristic attractions and cooking services. Attention Electricity NOT INCLUDED! Electricity is a separate charge, we do not include that in the booking price. The amount varies based on consumption. You can inquire at the time of your booking how much the KW is in US dollars, the amount can be different depending on the inflation. Thank you in advance!
I came to Granada because I’ve never been here and wanted to see but getting around was hard since I had to get a taxi to go to town and there was a group of drunks making nosies by the door, but otherwise the place it’s very cute and comfortable.
Amazing colonial houae close to attractions
Walking distance to the centre, amazing patio with singing fontaine. If There IS a heaven, should look like this property.
House was excellente people were amazing
The House is un very goodconditions at a affordable price. Pero complaints.
Old world style and charm
What a cool experience! We got to pretend we live in the city of Granada, lodging in our safe haven full of style and history. I have always loved the idea of having a courtyard within my house. The garden area not only provided beauty, when we sat around reading our books, but also amusement as we observed the turtles, who abide in the hidden foundation.
We only spent four days there but we already have accumulated much fondness for Anselmo, the caretaker of the house. He is such a lovely man and we are grateful for that he time he spent with us; explaining how things work, answering our questions, sharing of himself and his story. We didn’t arrive until 9:30pm and when we asked about a grocery store, Anselmo offered to drive us there that night so we could have stuff in for breakfast.
Overall, a nice place to stay
Leaving off 1 star for two reasons:
1. Power consumption: Old air conditioners and old-style lightbulbs throughout the house contribute to high power usage - they should be replaced for efficient models and LED lights.
2. Bed cover is synthetic and not very pleasant to sleep under (for me).
Beyond that, a great house. Anselmo the property manager is super-nice and accommodating. Would stay here again.
We appreciate your honest review and agree to all of the items mentioned. This summer we are planning a major upgrade which has been long overdue; the items on your list are also on our list. We have been pushing this remodel for some time now because we would like to be there when things are getting done to ensure that all goes as we want to. It's hard to work on things while being so far away, leaves little to no control. We hope that if you visit us in the future (after the remodel/upgrade) you will have a better experience.
Our house is located just a couple of blocks from the Farmer's Market (2005 Calle Palmira, Iglesia San Jose de la Montana, 1 block South) which is such a big attraction for everyone visiting Granada. It's so much fun to walk to the market and meet the locals. While not precisely in the heart of Granada City it offers that extra privacy and quiet, one needs after a long day full of fun activities. It's still within walking distance of all the lovely places to hang out such as: Parque Central, Pre Colombian Museum, The Cathedral and La Calzada. I guess you just have to come see for yourself!
Oscar Goussen and Anca Goussen
- English, Spanish, Romanian
About Oscar Goussen and Anca Goussen
My name is Oscar R. Goussen native of Granada Nicaragua, I was born 1 block away from Casa Don Carlos and the name of my house was given in memory of my father. I live in Redwood City California with my wife Anca and our son Ancarlos.
Oscar Goussen and Anca Goussen purchased this House in 2005
Why Oscar Goussen and Anca Goussen chose Granada
I bought this house and restored it as a Vacational House. Calle Palmira is the gate to Mombacho Volcano and to the Isletas de Assese, close to the Farmer's market, Supermarkets and Downtown. It's probably one of the best locations in Granada as it is not quite in the heart of the City yet it's so close to all best places.
What makes this House unique
The main benefit when I spend my vacations here is the peacefulness and relaxed atmosphere that soothe my mind, body and soul as a perfect therapy session. My eyes enjoy the view of the house with its elegant details and the amazing scenery. My vacations never seem long enough and I always dream of coming back.