|Minimum Stay||1 - 3 nights|
Hush! What’s that? The sound of tranquility as you wake up on your first morning in this modern maisonette. Situated near Clapham Junction, this 2/3 bed newly refurbished home-from-home offers an oasis of calm, free parking and easy access to London.
If you’re looking for a newly refurbished, clean and tranquil place to stay that’s near all the hustle and bustle of London, this maisonette offers the best of both worlds.
Bright and beautifully decorated throughout, this two bedroom home in a quiet road offers quality and comfort at a low price, making it the ideal base for a family or small group of friends to explore London.
There are two bedrooms, with the sofa bed in the lounge effectively making that a third. The first and largest bedroom features a Kingsize double, with orthopaedic mattress, brand new ensuite shower room and plenty of storage in a smart wardrobe and chest of drawers. It also has access to a small private balcony which offers fantastic views of London. The second, slightly smaller bedroom also has a Kingsize, wardrobe and a chest of drawers, so even if you don’t win the draw to see who gets the biggest bedroom, you won’t be disappointed.
The living room is a multi-purpose space featuring a 32-inch, 120 channel TV and a corner sofa which converts into a double bed. Make it the hub of the house or a third bedroom - it’s up to you.
There’s a fully equipped modern kitchen with integrated oven as well as a fridge/freezer and washer, plus enough space to fit a small dining table that seats up to 6. The modern, recently refitted family bathroom has an excellent shower.
Summary of Features:
• Secure second floor property with entry phone
• Super fast Fibre In Apartment WIFI.
• Apartment equipped with iron, ironing board, umbrella, hair-dryer, clothes horses, vacuum cleaner, washing powder, washing up liquid.
• Efficient and fast temperature controlled heating system (new boiler)
• Widescreen 32' TV with 120 channels
• Small private balcony from one of the bedrooms
• Very quiet location
• Fabulous city views
• Very close to transport (bus stop nearby, train 5 mins walk)
• Safe area
• Many cafes, restaurants, pubs and shops within a few minutes walk.
• With a small kitchen table seating 4.
• Fully equipped including washer, dryer, fridge, microwave, gas cooker (oven, grill and hob), toaster, kettle.
• Cookware, plates, cutlery, glasses, mugs, tea & coffee, sugar, salt, pepper, hand wash.
The Main Bathroom:
Newly refurbished - Brand new suite
• Incorporating a shower over bath and equipped with shower gel, hand wash and toilet paper.
The Ensuite Bathroom - Brand new ensuite.
• Incorporating a shower and equipped with shower gel, hand wash and toilet paper. Basin, mirrored cupboard, vanity unit and toilet.
• The first 2 bedrooms each contain a king size bed with orthopaedic mattress and non allergenic hollow-fibre pillows, wardrobe with hangers, chest of drawers, bedside tables & table lamps where space permits.
• Lounge room has a double sofa bed, chest of drawers, TV,coffee table.
• Free 24 hour check in using key lock box entry system
• Free parking outside the front of the apartment in unmarked bays
• Clean with fresh sheets, bedding, pillows, duvet and towels provided at check in.
• Free concierge service available via Airbnb.
• My mobile number which is on 24/7 if you have an emergency and cannot contact me via Airbnb.
• Apartment & city guide which guests can use during their stay
• Mid-stay cleaning service available on request (charged at £35 per visit)
• Laundry service available on request (charged at £20 per 8 Kg)
• On Check In Luggage can be left for free at the apartment from 1pm (check in at 3pm). Please contact us to book.
• On Check Out Luggage can be left for free in the apartment until 12pm (check out at 11am). Please contact us to book.
• Babysitting services are available for £12 per hour with our trusted baby sitters. Please contact us to book
• Travel Cots are also available for £20 per stay up to 1 week and £40 per stay up to 2 weeks.
The flat is located just off St Johns Hill, where there are many good restaurants and bars and a convenient Sainsbury's supermarket.
If you walk to Clapham Junction you will find the famous Northcote Road with its shops, bars and restaurants. For supplies there are a number of supermarkets in the area including WholeFoods, Waitrose, Tesco, Sainsbury and Asda.
From the apartment you can walk along the River Thames in Battersea and cross over Wandsworth Bridge to the upmarket Fulham and the infamous Kings Road in Chelsea. Wandsworth Common, a very large park, is only 5 minutes walk away and if you feel like walking further you could walk to Clapham Common and Battersea Park which has a lake you can rent a boat in during the summer.
The flat is an excellent location 3 minutes by bus from Clapham Junction station or a 10 minute walk. It is in a very quiet street.
Distances from Clapham Junction Station:
19 mins to Oxford Circus (via underground at Vauxhall)
7 minutes to Victoria
24 mins to Leicester Square (via Underground at Waterloo)
The nearest train station is Wandsworth Town which is just 4 minutes walk away from the flat.
From Gatwick you can take trains to London Victoria which take 30 minutes then take the train to Wandsworth Town from Victoria which takes 15 minutes.
From Heathrow you can take a train to Victoria which takes 50 minutes then take the train to Wandsworth Town from Victoria which takes 15 minutes.
From Stansted you can take a train to Victoria which takes 1 hour 5 minutes then take the train to Wandsworth Town from Victoria which takes 15 minutes.
You could walk to Clapham Junction station in just 10 minutes where you can take a train to Victoria in 6 minutes, Vauxhall in 4 minutes where you can take the Victoria line underground into central London, or Waterloo in 8 minutes.
There are also plenty of buses going to and from Clapham Junction which are just a few minutes walk from the flat.
If you have a car then you can park free outside the front of the flat in one of the bays or nearby for free on Nantes Close if the bays are full
Your hosts are happy to offer you exclusive use of both floors of this maisonette. There’s free 24-hour check-in too using a key lock box entry system and free parking outside the house. Spaces can’t be reserved and parking bays marked private should not be used. If you can’t park right outside, there’ll be more spaces a few minutes walk away on Nantes Close.
Interaction with Guests:
Should you need to, please contact your hosts via Airbnb in the first instance. Please only call the host’s mobile/cell phone number if the matter is urgent.
Given that you’re staying in such a quiet area, you might be forgiven for thinking there’s not much going on around you. But a quick trip outside will soon reveal that’s not the case. Many cafes, restaurants, pubs and shops are within a few minutes walk of the maisonette. A number of supermarkets are nearby too, so you can stock up the kitchen as and when you need to.
Also on your doorstep is a walking route that takes you along the south bank of the Thames in Battersea. Cross the river at Wandsworth Bridge and you’re in Fulham with the world famous King’s Road and its stylish Chelsea boutiques nearby.
If green is more your thing, Wandsworth Common, a very large park, is only 5 minutes away on foot. There’s even more green space a little further afield at Clapham Common, which hosts festivals in the summer and Battersea Park which has its own lake on which you can go boating in the summer.
Clapham Junction, Britain’s busiest railway station, is just a 3 minute bus ride or 10 minute walk away. From there, you can get all over London, to places like Victoria Station (6 minutes away) Vauxhall (4 mins), Waterloo 8, Oxford Circus 19 and Leicester Square 24.
Other Things to Note:
There is a fast WIFI connection at the bottom of the stairs so you should have no problem geting connected.
We also ensure the apartment is supplied with fresh, starched white linen and towels for your stay, a service provided by the same company that supplies the InterContinental Hotels group.
• Check in is anytime after 3PM
• No parties or events
• Not suitable for pets
• No smoking
So that the maisonette is beautifully clean for your arrival, and for whoever’s booked it next, we operate a ‘shoes off as soon as you get indoors’ policy. It helps keeps the carpets pristine.
Please also let us know the exact number of guests in your group in advance, as changes affect the supply and cleaning of towels and linen. Any children less than a year old can stay for free, and travel cots can be hired for £20 per week. Just ask in advance.
As you might expect, there’s no smoking in the apartment, and no pets either please. When the call of nature strikes, there’s simply nowhere for them to ‘go’.
Please also consider our neighbours, especially those living above the maisonette. Don’t make noise after 10pm and before 7am. There are plenty of places in London to party - this apartment isn’t one of them.
Pedro was a great guest! I'd be glad to host them again anytime. They took really good care of my flat, left it very clean, and respected the house rules.
We needed to find a place to stay near Clapham Junction and this is a 15 minute walk from there. Two bedrooms gave us a choice of which to use, that was nice. It was a bit tricky to find the first time in the dark, but was pretty easy to access after that. The Wandsworth Town Station is only a 7 minute walk and that worked well to connect to the underground. A couple kitchen items would be nice to have - kitchen towels, hot pads for oven items and some hand soap. The neighborhood is quiet so it's easy to sleep.
This flat is perfect to accommodate 6 people visiting London. Neighborhood is quiet and well communicated (buses and train, but not tube).
The owner provided very good information and great support.
We do recommend this place to enjoy London.
It is a quiet place to stay and spacious enough for 7 people. The flat is in good condition. And the owner provided all the living necessities. The transportation is rather convenient, buses and rail, but no tube around. We had a great time here. Thanks for hosting us. If we come to London again, we would love to stay here again.
We had a very pleasant stay and the Justin and Chidem were great and very helpful. We will certainly come back!
The house is very nice and in a quiet and well connected with the center. Everything is well arranged, clean and functioning.
The handyman Arthur has fixed everything discreetly.
A beautiful holiday. I will certainly be recommending to my friends your apartment and when I return to London (surely!) I will be a guest at your apartment.
*Plus compulsory or optional charges based on actual occupancy or consumption. The payment has to be made in the currency offered by the property manager, before use of conversion tool. Payments in other currencies have to be negotiated beforehand with the property manager. The currency conversion tool is provided for your convenience only and is non-binding.