|Minimum Stay||1 - 7 nights|
This is a truly hidden gem situated in a quiet Edwardian square, with free parking and is ideally located within walking distance of Manchester centre or a short stroll to the bus stop or train station which provide frequent forms of transport into the city.
This 2 bedroom house is fully furnished to the highest standard with no detail compromised. If there are only two people visiting, please inform us if you intend to use the the second bedroom.
Large bathroom with a roll top bath & separate large rain shower.
Services Include: -
- Free wireless broadband
- Linen and towels provided
- Flat screen TV in Lounge and both bedrooms
- The TV in the living room has a DVD player and a vast selections of DVD's
- Washing machine & Dryer
- Dishwasher & tablets provided
- Iron and Ironing board
- Microwave & Electric range oven with gas hobs
- Ipod dock and chargers
- Hair dryers in each bedroom
- Complimentary tea, coffee and some basic food items are available
- Coffee machine, Nescafe Dolce Gusto pods are required
- Sunny garden with dining table & chairs with cushions
Close to Media City, Salford University, Manchester football grounds, Old Trafford cricket ground, Veladrome, Chill Factore and the Trafford Centre (famous indoor shopping centre).
I am an English lady who loves travelling to different parts of the world. I like to meet different people and find out about their different cultures. I am very much into architecture, the oldest the better.
These days I travel mainly with my daughter who is at university, so I live with my cat called Alfie, who is the nosiest cat around. I love going on walks to the nearby countryside and river. My son lives and works in London, but still likes to come to visit us.
Set in a back water of Manchester which is a beautiful Edwardian Square. In spring you have the cherry blossom trees and in winter the snow. It is an old fire station which moved many years ago. Parking on the cobbled drive is free but it is warden controlled elsewhere.
The latest very fast broadband is included in the price.
Old Trafford football club, the Chill Factore, and the Trafford Centre which is the famous shopping centre, are all close by.
Positioned behind the square overlooking Salford University and Museum and Art Gallery.
Salford Cathedral just down the road.
Peel park to walk round is just next to the river over the road.
Free parking, but close Close proximity to Manchester centre by either walking or jumping onto a frequent bus which can be caught within a short stroll.
Salford Crescent train station is just across the main road on the other side of the square.
Quiet garden with use of table and chairs.
We stayed here for 6 nights in order to attend a Manchester United game. The property is in a great location only a 3 minute walk from the Salford Crescent train station (ask for Keith if you need any help getting around) and only a 10 minute train ride into the heart of Manchester.
The property is in a quiet square next to the University of Salford. The kitchen is well stocked with equipment. The freezer is on the small side (especially compared to what we are used to in the States) so keep that in mind if you are buying groceries for a lengthy stay. Speaking of groceries there is a very good store about a 15 minute walk from the property called Sainsbury's, which has everything you could possibly need. The bedrooms are large and the beds comfortable. The bath is also very large with a separate shower and tub. Overall the property is very clean and well taken care of.
The owner was fantastic to work with and was very responsive to my inquires about the area. Can't recommend this property highly enough. I hope to return in the future!
We stayed here for 5 days over the New Year period as our son was attending Manchester General hospital for an operation. Despite the circumstances we loved our stay in this apartment. It is in an excellent location for getting about Manchester, and situated in a quiet residential square. The property was clean and very well equipped. Not quite the weather for enjoying the garden, but would be very pleasant come warmer times of the year. Owner was always quick to respond to any communication. Certainly recommend to others.
Nous avons passé un excellent séjour. La maison est très bien située pour pouvoir rayonner vers la côte. Les équipements sont complets et la déco très aboutie. Le square est très calme...rien à redire !!
This home was beautiful. We were very pleased we rented this house for our vacation. The home was perfect for our family, and came with everything needed to feel home away from home. We would definitely stay here again and would highly recommend this property to anyone. We were close to the city center and only a short walk from the nearest train station. Located in a quiet cul-de-sac, I doubt we could have found any more of a perfect rental home for our family. Thank you for making our vacation even more memorable.
Address is:- 17 Fire Station Square, Manchester, England M5 4NZ
DRIVING DIRECTIONS:-The square is tucked away off Christchurch Avenue. There are three ways of approaching:-
1) Coming from Manchester along the A6 (The Crescent) pass the entrance of Salford university on the right and take the next left across a bus lane - University Road West. Then left again - Christchurch Ave - follow the road round into the square at the end.
2) Coming from the opposite direction along the A6 (Broad Street) - MacDonalds in on your right and Salford Crescent Train Station on you left, turn left immediately behind the station, - University Road - this road drops down to a roundabout. Take first exit and double back on yourself under the road. Turn first right onto Christchurch Ave and Fire Station Sq is at the end.
3) You could approach the traffic lights at the end of Albion Way which meets the A6, with MacDonalds on your left corner. Bear right and go sort of straight across and take the road immediately behind Salford Crescent Train Station, down to a roundabout. Take first exit and double back on yourself under the road. Turn first right onto Christchurch Ave and Fire Station Sq is at the end.
WALKING from train station or bus stop:-
From Piccadilly Train Station there is a direct train to Salford Crescent at regular times and takes 9 mins. It is a short stroll to my place.
Walk out of the station and turn left, walk down the road to the front of Salford University and Salford Museum and Art Gallery. Cross the road using the crossing and walk directly across Crescent square, which has a fountain (might not be working) and in the corner there is a large arch which is the pedestrian entrance into Fire Station Sq.
There are regular buses that stop outside the university (Crescent Square) so follow the instructions above.
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
If someone books and pays for the booking they have precedence over any other booking.