Enjoy typical village life and the stunning countryside of the South of France in our charming two-bedroom house. The house has been fully renovated and is arranged on three levels.
On the ground floor is a large vestibule and office area.
- Wi-Fi Internet available throughout the house
On the first floor are the kitchen, living and dining room.
The kitchen is fully equipped with everything you may need:
- electric hob, electric oven and hood, kettle, toaster, Senseo coffee machine
- cooking pots and utensils, cups, glasses, crockery and cutlery
- washing machine and dishwasher
- welcome pack of tea, coffee, milk, sugar and a bottle of wine for you to enjoy on your first night.
The living room features:
- huge comfortable sofa and two armchairs
- a selection of books and magazines, information about the local area
- large dining table, six dining chairs
- Bluetooth speaker, a TV plus DVD player (X-Box) with selection of DVDs
- please note, online Netflix television can be accessed via the X-Box for films and series.
On the second floor are the two bedrooms, a little sitting/ reading area and the bathroom.
- one double bed, wardrobe and drawers
- two single beds, wardrobe and hanging drawers
- fresh linen and towels included
- iron and ironing board
- bathtub plus shower, sink, WC, first aid kit, and a hairdryer.
Finally, also accessed via the second floor is the private roof terrace
- two sun loungers, chairs, stools and small dining table.
- the house has steep stairs and so it is not suitable for guests with mobility concerns.
- a travel cot and high chair are available on request.
A car is essential for getting to Rivel and exploring the surrounding area. The nearest airport for international flights is Carcassonne (55km), followed by Perpignan (98km) and Toulouse (116km). Car rental firms are available at all of these airports.
When you arrive you will find a folder stuffed with information about places to see, things to do, restaurants and so on. The picturesque village of Rivel is about an hour south of Carcassonne, deep in the heartlands of the Quercorb area with the magnificent Pyrenees providing a constant backdrop; the best of the South of France is right here.
Highlights include the stunning ruins of Cathar fortresses; artisan markets where you can sample local produce; many walking trails from gentle country strolls to more challenging hikes; mountain biking and road cycling; swimming in lakes; and discovering regional wines and craft beers.