|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
Beautiful houses in the city center, quiet entrance, terrace from where you can enjoy the view of the country. Well connected to visit on foot the wonders of the place and meet your needs; all just a few kilometers from the sea.
Borghetto is beautifully situated in the baroque town of Scicli (UNESCO), in the southeast of Sicily.
Recently renovated, while maintaining all its ancient beauty, the property is accessible by a winding cobblestone street and charismatic high above and overlooking Scicli with great views from all windows and terraces.
The property is composed of three areas totally habitable apartments that can be rented separately or in its totality. This makes it perfect for holidays of large families.
All three facilities have their own entrance and are completely self-sufficient. The largest structure has its own beautiful courtyard, but of course, if the three properties are rented together, it becomes accessible to everyone.
Borghetto has thoughtfully studied. The rooms full of light, the wide view everywhere, relaxing shades of colors and chic décor, making it ideal for a stay absolutely perfect in this authentic part of the world.
Scicli is located just 10 minutes from the beach and a short distance from day trips to Ragusa, Modica, Noto and Siracusa.
Borghetto can 'accommodate up to 14 people.
(Elio accommodates 6 + 2; Tano Tonino 2 and 4 persons)
Casa Elio e' un luogo da cui partire per visitare un angolo meraviglioso della Sicilia dove arte e natura gareggiano fra loro ma è soprattutto il luogo dove ritornare.questa casa nasce sulle rovine di un precedente nucleo abitativo e, grazie al l'intelligenza e alla cura dei suoi proprietari si è fusa perfettamente con l'ambiente circostante.All'interno nessun dettaglio e' lasciato al caso.le camere confortevoli , i bagni funzionali, la cucina perfettamente attrezzata. Ogni finestra e' un quadro che raffigura il paesaggio esterno. E' possibile cenare sul terrazzo che si affaccia sul piccolo giardino e dal quale la vista abbraccia la bellissima Scicli. All' imbrunire e con l'avanzare della sera pare di osservare un presepio.La casa e' fresca in ogni ora del giorno e nonostante la vicinanza al cuore di Scicli e' silenziosa e rilassante. Una vacanza da ricordare e un luogo dove si vorrebbe tornare .
Il proprietario, gentilissimo ,ha fornito ogni indicazione utile al nostro soggiorno.
The best arancini city they are in Piazza Italy, the Cafe Sicilia (doorstep) ... .while the best granite to find the Caffe gritti, Piazza Busacca (always a few steps from home), I recommend to you especially the granita almond and mulberry.
Now some news about the city that is developed in a short plain from the steep slopes of rocky hills of San Matteo, the Rosary and the Cross, divided from each other from the quarries of Santa Maria la Nova and that of St. Bartholomew.
They are a world heritage site (UNESCO), the Palazzo Beneventano, near our house, and the Via Mormino Pen, where you will find the Town Hall (Commissioner Montalbano), three beautiful churches (St. John, St. Michael and St. Teresa), Palazzo Spadaro and the costume museum, as well as bars, restaurants and ice cream shops galore.
Other churches to visit are:
- The church of San Bartolomeo (nice crib of '700 of Padula and paintings of good quality - Mattia Preti), in the "hollow" of the same name, dominated from the convent of the Rosary (usually closed to the public): continuing along the road of the quarry, on the hill on the left, you can see the old neighborhood Chiafura (consisting of caves where people lived until the '50s);
- The Mother Church (St. Ignatius) in Piazza Italy, with paintings of good quality and the sculpture of the Madonna of the Militia on horseback brandishing a sword to drive out the Saracens who wanted to occupy the city in 1091;
- The church of Consolation and Santa Maria la Nova (with the wooden sculpture of Joy, Man Alive, the Risen Christ and a cute little museum along the stairs leading to the bell tower) both along the quarry of Santa Maria la Nova;
- The church of San Matteo, on the hill, where there is also our home;
- The Church of the Carmine, in Piazza Busacca where is the statue of the most important benefactor of the city, Pietro di Lorenzo (said Busacca), a character who lived in the sixteenth century that the building that bears his name, where he was open a small museum of wedding dresses, as his bequests were donated equally to young convolavano the lawful marriage.
- My friends: close to home, nice with cheap prices and that prepares typical dishes and has good fish;
- Galu: in a side street of Via Nazionale, the main street of the city: good fish, run by his wife (Gabriella) and her husband (Luke);
- Satra: perhaps the most sought after, run by the former wife of Sultan Ciccio, the chef who has the restaurant Il Duomo in Ragusa (two Michelin stars), and the right arm of the same Sultan, located in the alley across from City Hall and tables Also on the square;
- Tomato: not nice but good local food, run by two brothers, not far from Piazza Italy;
- Three Hills: with beautiful terrace on Piazza Italian;
- The Cave: along the hollow Santa Maria la Nova.
- In Piazza Busacca it is also a pizzeria to be desired with regard to pizzas.
- The nearest beach is located at Donnalucata, six, seven kilometers from the city: a few beaches and lots of beach;
- The coast to the west, over Donnalucata, sees Plaja Grande and Marina di Ragusa; further, many beaches towards Scoglitti;
- The coast to the east, stretching from Arizza, the beach of La Bruce, Cava d'Aliga, Sampieri (the "beach" side and the side facing towards Donnalucata Ispica beach and equipped to the ruins of the furnace Pisciotto) and, farther apart Ispica and Rosolini, Pachino and from the beach of San Lorenzo and the natural reserve of Vendicari (well worth a visit).
City of art: in the diverse and without going too far:
- Modica, Ragusa, Noto, Ispica, Comiso, Caltagirone, Palazzolo Acreide and Chiaramonte Gulfi, do not forget, if you want to get away more, the wonderful Siracusa, Piazza Armerina with its Roman Villa del Casale and Agrigento with its temples.
- Since the houses have terraces, consider no smoking inside the house.
- The house is equipped with umbrella at your disposal, but it is forbidden to open it and use it on windy days because it can easily tip over, causing damage.
Surely there will not be needed, but for anything you leave the data of the nearest health center of Scicli, namely:
Via the hospital 25