A fabulous stonebuilt detached farmhouse on a quiet lane, lovingly restored with countryside views. Combining original features with modern comforts, this spacious house is an ideal base for large groups of family and friends to have relaxing break in a beautiful rural location. The bedrooms are extremely flexible in their layouts so they can accommodate pretty much any combination of family and friends. Whatever your preferred way to relax, you will find somewhere to do it at Brownber: a quiet snug where you can read by the woodburning stove, a less quiet (!) games room to play pool, table football, table tennis or darts; a large dining room to gather for an evening meal; have a relaxing soak in the deep Japanese style bath; watch red squirrels, rabbits and lambs run around; walk, cycle or run straight from the door across the fells.
• Comfy lounge with 3 large sofas, woodburning stove, TV with freeview and DVD player and a huge collection of books.
• Well equipped kitchen with breakfast table seating 6, range style electric cooker (two ovens) and gas hob, dishwasher and fridge freezer.
• Dining room with huge dining table and open fire.
• Snug with woodburning stove where you can escape to catch up on a good book and really unwind.
• Bathroom with deep Japanese style bath for a luxurious soak, toilet and basin.
• Utility room with drying facilites.
• Kitchenette with combination microwave, oven and grill, washing machine, double sofa bed and TV with freeview.
• 1 superkingsize and 1 double bedroom both with ensuite shower rooms.
• 2 further superkingsize rooms and a single room with pull out stacka bed.
• A family bathroom with shower over the bath and basin.
• Separate toilet.
Lower ground floor:
• Family bedroom with superking sizebed and separate single.
• 1. All of the superking beds are zip'n'link and can be made up as twins if preferred.
• 2. The corridor leading to the snug, the snug and the lower ground bedroom have low ceilings.
• Large stonebuilt games room with pool table, table tennis table, table football, darts board, beer fridge and mp3 player
• Adjacent bbq area with lovely views.
• Small front gravel garden with planted areas and picnic table.
• Enclosed but undulating (!) rear garden with woodland and lots of space for children to play and dogs to roam.
• Off road parking for 5 cars and lockable bike storage.
VISITORS BOOK COMMENTS
Love the house; it exceeded all expectations; homely feel, cosy, the games room and hot tub were fab and lots of space for all. W, H & W families - Dec 2016
Thank you for another relaxing week. B family - May 2016
Super venue for family get togethers. S family - April 2016
House and facilities are perfect. The P & S families - Jan 2016
Everything we could ever want to make us comfortable. G, R & E Families Sheffield - Sept 2015
Great walking right from the door. The I D & S families - August 2015
The house was perfect for a family gathering aged 1 to 84! The T family from all over but mostly Scotland - Sept 2014
We loved the house and the location was perfect. Everything has been thought of. The G and H families – July 2014
A lovely, relaxing, peaceful stay at your cottage. Amazing location with wonderful views at every turn. A great place to stay for a large group with so much space. The P and R families from all over! - June 2014
One of the nicest and well equipped holiday cottages I've stayed in. Loved walking the Howgills and seeing this beautiful part of the country - D M from Huddersfield - Feb 2014
The most comfortable and homely house we have stayed in – E M from Hartlepool - New Year 2013
Loved the warm rooms and wood burning stove. Brilliantly equipped and well maintained - The badminton annual reunion - Nov 2013
Lovely welcome. Super for a large family get together but also cosy for three of us to stay the rest of the week - C P from Oswestry - Oct 2013
Great weekend, gorgeous house and fantastic spot. Hull Uni girls and spouses - September 2013
We will miss this beautiful house and excellent location. A L from St Albans - Xmas 2013
Fab showers and lovely and clean house. TH from Scarborough - July 2013
Perfect for all our needs, so much space and great for roads trips in the Dales and Lakes. B, K and V families from Kent – May 2013
Cannot fault the house one bit. NC from Blackpool – Mar 2013
Delighted with the house and all its facilities; house was so big, we didn't even notice the kids most of the time! LK from Hartlepool – New Year 2012/13