WELCOME TO VILLA DEGLI ARMENI
A unique holiday rental in the Sabine Hills, near Rome.
WHY CHOOSE OUR VILLA? ONE WORD: LOCATION!
The location is, literally, breathtaking: perched 500m up on the side of the mountain commanding views across the picturesque rolling hills of the Sabina, distant mountains, the Tiber Valley and on to Rome itself, on a clear day you can see the Dome of St. Peter's on the horizon.
The villa is surrounded by forest and enjoys total peace, quiet and privacy. Guests enjoy exclusive use of the entire house and garden, which it's own gate and private access. It's hard to believe all this is just a little over one hour from the hustle and bustle of Rome, but by choosing Villa degli Armeni you get the best of both worlds.
A UNIQUE HOME
The villa itself was built in the 1960s and retains many original mid century features like the stone fireplace, lofty gabled ceilings, arches and ironwork. There’s an abundance of windows to let in natural light and to look out on the forest and spectacular views.
The villa is full of art and other objects we've collected over the years, we like our guests to feel they are in a real home with its own character and history.
SPREAD OUT AND RELAX
It's a spacious house capable of hosting a larger party of family or friends as well as being a great relaxing retreat for a couple. Plenty of space means that everyone can find their own private spot, or get together in larger groups for a leisurely meal or chat.
The large living and dining room is a cool and comfortable retreat in the summer and the cosy heart of the house in the cooler months, with its stone fireplace. Connected to the living room by double doors is another sitting room and studio, the sofa in here folds out to provide a small double bed if needed.
A variety of outdoor areas around the villa means you'll always find a sunny spot for sunbathing, or a shady spot for reading, somewhere. Outside on the porch and balcony you’ll find tables and chairs for al fresco dining, deckchairs, a sofa and lounger. Below the house is a grassy area bordering on the forest with another large table, a gas barbecue and small sink.
In the summer months we put up the frame pool, it’s over 4.5 metres across and 80 cm deep and while hardly olympic size it’s perfect for kids to splash in or for a leisurely float as you contemplate the infinite blue of an Italian sky.
BEDROOMS WITH A VIEW
There are two large double bedrooms: the one at the front has three arched windows with incredible views to wake up to. The second double bedroom looks out onto the tree canopy and has it’s own ensuite bathroom (with bath) and terrace, it can be set up with a double bed or two singles. In between is a smaller room with 1 single bed, also opening onto the terrace, and another bathroom with a shower. All rooms except the small bedroom have ceiling fans, there is no need for air con.
The spacious kitchen is equipped with dishwasher, microwave, fridge freezer and state of the art oven, granite worktops, small table and everything you’ll need to cook with.
VILLA DEGLI ARMENI AND THE SABINA REGION ARE PERFECT FOR:
- Couples and families looking to spend quality time together in a relaxing environment
- Slow travelers looking for an authentic experience of real Italy
- Nature lovers and hikers
- Foodies! The area has great local produce and some fabulous restaurants
- Anyone looking for the luxury of time, privacy, and quiet
- Anyone looking for a relaxing villa holiday without missing out on one of the world's top destinations, Rome!
and because we are all different, it would be less than honest of me not to add
WHO OUR VILLA MAY NOT BE THE BEST FIT FOR:
- people who are mobility challenged or parents of reckless toddlers, because of the steps up to the house
- anyone with insect phobias, the windows all have screens but we are surrounded by forest and along with that comes the occasional ant, bug, or spider.
- you will need a car to stay at our villa, even to get into the village for an ice cream, and any sights you may want to visit will mean a drive.
- looking for nightlife? Go elsewhere because the biggest nighttime attractions here are the milky way or perhaps spotting a porcupine.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP
If you'd like any more information to help make your choice please don't hesitate to contact us with your questions. We're more than happy to help our guests with recommendations for days out, restaurants etc, based on their individual needs and interests. You can also check out our website or our Facebook page, links are at the bottom of this listing.