WE ARE THE MOST REVIEWED PROPERTY IN RIO DE JANEIRO & READ OUR REVEWS TO UNDERSTAND WHY.
-INCREDIBLE BEAUTY AND ARCHITECTURE
-ABILITY TO MAKE THE MOST FOR YOUR BUDGET
1. It is a 4 story 2007 built private home on a gated street in the middle of the tourist zone of Copacabana.
2. There are 4 suites with elegant baths + 2 poolside small cabanas which shared baths.
3. The Metro is across the street and the Copacabana beach 3 blocks away. Main shopping street is 50 feet away.
4 . The house is rented with staff and can include a VERY FULL BREAKFAST AT REASONABLE COST.
5. There is a private third floor pool BBQ and sun deck.
6. The house is run by a multilingual concierge who will arrange all transfers, tours, reservations, and child care.
7. The house is equipped with a kitchen,china, crystal, silver to provide food service for up to 40 guests for functions.
8 It's a family home - cozy enough for two TO SIX couples to have a great vacation spot and personal attention BUT like any family home there are lots of cabanas sofas etc where we can welcome a student group or bunch of friends. CAN ACCOMMODATE UP TO 23 TIGHTLY.
9. We could provide a short rental for special shooting, etc. but there is a minimum of 3 days for a rental.
The villa has directly across the street a small posada of 7 rooms - so we can combine on one street - 13 bedrooms for a large family or group of friends.
Guests who inquire about the property should know that we are in a QUIET neighborhood with great neighbors and it is our policy that during the week - the house outdoor terrace is a quiet zone after 10:00 PM. During weekends we also require respect for our neighbors tranquility.
Basically the villa is organized on 4 levels around a central atrium. All rooms open to this vaulted space via balconies, gardens, or a glass roof which electronically opens to the night sky and marvelous moon views.
Level one is a stone entrance foyer off the little street with entrance doors from a former old Gloria mansion. A great modern kitchen contains every possible culinary gadget, huge island with bar stools, complete business center, and enough an porcelain to serve 40. Off the kitchen is the new decorated atrium (morning room) and a family dining room. The atrium fireplace and over mirror is undergoing completion by the artist who completed faux painting in the restored Teatro Municipal Opera house. The ceiling opens electronically and the second floor balcony gives way to 3 bedroom suites - all with sitting areas and marble deluxe baths with jacuzzi. The dining room is great for a family having breakfast or a sit down for 20. Off these rooms is the wood paneled library with TV/Cinema area and our very special antique Titanic model which the house staff presented on July 2012 to the foundation.
There is a small stone powder room off the back stone stairway. All of the major public floor rooms have fireplaces and and make for a great family space. At Christmas - the 15 foot Christmas tree is decorated by the children of the villa staff and we have our annual holiday party and open house.
The second floor suites open by three pairs of antique french doors or stained glass windows to the atrium. Each room makes for a great private sleeping and entertaining space as sofas and easy chairs make it quite comfy. Since the villa is occupied most of the year - these 3 suites are continually in the process of being re-invented.
The third floor is accessed by a stone stairway (with our little Budda in the corner) and panels of native birds and stained glass and a collection of both naif art and the original interior sketches for the house on the walls.
Once you open the door to the third and fourth floor levels - you see the pool with its lion fountain,
a small sitting area with our bird menagerie in cages and the all local birds drinking out of the feeders. Our roof seems to be the greenest spot in the neighborhood and attracts lots of birds and butterflies. The garden is ALWAYS a work in process as the plantings change continually. We try to keep it in flowers year around with hanging planters, plaques of bromeliads and orchids. The barbecue is there and the staff lights the gas lanterns at sunset.
Off the first part of the garden is a trellised walkway of local honeysuckle and some fresh fruit trees as well as a little herb garden. There are two cabanas and small duplex rooftop cottage off of this walkway which are kind of like 18th century wood ship cabins. They share a bath with shower. They have desks with plenty of storage, hundreds of books, and are comfy and cool little spots - full of character. The cabanas can sleep 2 or 3. The cottage consists of - a king size loft above and huge living room below which sleeps 4 on the banquette single beds or the banquettes can be combined into a king. This house has a separate bath and shower with chicken coop type windows which look thru the glass roof all the way to the first floor.
The villa is available as a rental with only one maid to change linens and make beds for guests who want total privacy. On the other hand - the villa has a huge staff for the family or group who wants and needs lots of attention. The daily rental fee depends on the services guests need (basically price changes when the group is a huge number of guests) and is priced very well as compared to even a three star hotel. We aim to top the service offered anywhere else in our city. We try to make guests feel comfortable from answering their first inquiries to saying goodbye and putting them in a car to return home. We are quite used to corporate, business, diplomatic, and family parties. We know the best purveyors for buying fresh ingredients, fine meats, great fish, etc. It is a fun spot and we love to throw a party for you.
Now that prices in Rio de Janeiro have become in the league of New York City, Tokyo, or London - we feel it essential that guests have some reasonably priced options for meals. It also seems like guests who have all the intention of eating out every night - change their plans once they get settled into the villa. So we have become quite deft at putting meals together without a lot of notice. We have two lovely street fairs each week with butchers, fishmongers, greengrocers, with dozens of stalls and like to take our guests their to choose whats will be on the table that night.
The Abraços Foundation and Adan have a staff of drivers, tour guides, packaged tour operators, and can help with detailed planning for your trip - from airport pick up until you depart (and even ship those things your forgot back home !!) Guests have the advantage of organizing their schedule when they book or meeting with Adan when they are here to buy tours (Note: prices are 15% lower when purchased in advance of arrival).
Adan handles all the email requests and helps guests who do not know the city and country (or south America) on how to arrange their time based on their interests. We are affiliated with a great Rio travel agency who assists with flights, cruises, etc.
One of the Villa craftsmen is a jazz musician and knows the Rio night life scene. Another consultant is a set designer for Brazilian movies and knows what is hot in town at the moment.
It has been a busy past three months with a total redo of the villa + movie shoots + a lot of big events BUT we will have a complete on-line villa manual, and menus.
BEFORE YOU MAKE AN INQUIRY-
1. We can not offer rentals less than 3 days for large groups - it is just too time consuming to do a changeover after 21 guests have been with us for a short period. There are no short term stays for large groups at regular rental fees, You can stay for three nights BUT WE WILL CHARGE MORE PER DAY FOR THOSE RENTALS.
We can offer a short term rental at a higher fee that reflects our increased costs.
2. Although we can house up to 23 - there is only room for 6 OR 7 couples in privacy. 23 is the maximum but 14 to 16 more ideal unless the group includes children and one uses sofas in the suites or bunk beds.
3. We can offer for the very large group the villa + our other penthouse also advertised on homeaway (ID: 359605) + neighboring pousada and hostels We have arranged stays for a group as large as 55.
4. Rental rates VARY according to the number of guests and services requested. We are indeed an economical alternative for a large groups and offer features not easily available in most apartments or villa rentals.
5. We LOVE a party BUT DO NOT rent to groups who do not abide by the villa quiet hours. We are in a family neighborhood and love our neighbors. We do not rent to any group without questions as we wish to make sure our staff, our villa, and our neighborhood are respected. We have furnished the villa with love and care and special objects and want guests to love our ambiance.
Check out this reality show recorded recently in our Villa: