|Minimum Stay||5 nights|
Your booking will be backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee when you complete your reservation online and finalise payment on HomeAway.Learn more
Lennox Cottage is located in a quiet, residential, conservation area on the west side of Glasgow. The apartment has a remarkable long, front garden planted in flowers, shrubs and apple trees, and includes two private parking spaces. Tastefully decorated, it occupies two floors of a brick building which was built in the late 1800s for estate gardeners' cottages.
It is fully-equipped with all modern appliances and includes free Wi-Fi internet access. A nearby express bus provides 10-minute access to the City Centre.
- Fully modernised cottage over two floors with a traditional feel
- Lovely, long garden with apple trees, shrubs, and beds planted in perennials
- Large, sandstone front patio with redwood tables and chairs
- Fully equipped kitchen with AGA and includes microwave, washing machine, fridge, dishwasher and separate gas cooker (please note: the AGA will be off during the summer months)
- Sitting room looking into the garden with wood floors, comfortable seating and dining areas.
- Bedroom with Queensize bed, dressers and wardrobe
- Second bedroom with full-size double bed, dressers and wardrobe
- Beautiful, large bathroom with a roll-top bath and walk-in shower plus downstairs cloakroom with toilet, washbasin and coat cupboard
- Gas central heating with thermostatically controlled radiators.
- Free Wi-Fi broadband internet connection plus multi-channel freeview TV, and DVD, CD players.
- A selection of videos, CDs, books and games is provided.
- Towels, linens, hairdryer, drying/ironing facilities included in price.
- Easy walking distance of shops
- Two parking spaces in gated area plus free on street parking
- Not suitable for toddlers and very young children
- Sorry, no smoking, no pets and the cottage cannot be used as a party venue
This semi-detached house used to be our home, but we moved 15 minutes away and now rent it out for self-catering/holiday use. The house has a long history in my wife's family. We are a Scottish and American couple .
Catherine Macdonald purchased this house in 2010
This house was where my wife lived as a child, and she vividly remembers playing in the long front garden. In recent years, we purchase both the bottom flat and the flat above and put them together by means of an extension to the rear containing a staircase. The house contains both modern features, and many of the original details.
The house is located in a unique conservation zone on the west side of Glasgow, the houses and lanes present an interesting history of early 20th century development out of what once was the extensive Scotstoun Estate.
We really enjoyed our stay in Lennox Cottage. Beautifully decorated - we loved the gorgeous kitchen and luxury bathroom. We hope to return very soon.
The house didn't feel like a rental with all the personal touches. Home away from home in immaculate condition. Off street parking in very quiet neighborhood. 3 generous bedrooms made perfect family home. Beautiful gardens.
We had the most wonderful time in this charming cottage. It's furnished with so much love and taste which made us feel at home straight away. Our favourite place was the big table in front of the AGA where it was so warm and cosy. The boys enjoyed making their toast "the AGA way". The front garden was perfect for our Easter egg hunt with many great hiding places (some chocolate eggs might still be there to be found) and we could even enjoy the patio in the sunshine on a few days. It's very conveniently located with easy access to the city centre, but it felt like a little hideaway when we came back exploring what Glasgow has to offer.
We will definitely recommend this lovely place to friends and family.
Thanks Catherine for making our stay so special!
Dorte, Christian, Jakob and Anton
Lennox Cottage is just down the street from a large leisure centre, Scotstoun Sports Campus with a swimming pool, gym, indoor and outdoor tennis courts, and it's a short walk to Victoria Park, a large park with a large pond, tennis courts, flower gardens, etc.
A couple streets away, a frequent express bus will take you in minutes to the centre of Glasgow.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|