In early 1814, en route to the Battle of Toulouse, Wellington's army marched along the Save Valley following what is now the D17. At that time they would have passed the recently built Moulin de Samaran. After a century and a bit of grinding wheat into flour. the Moulin was substantially re-built during the 1990s when it was converted into gites.
Situated at the southern end of the main mill building, “Chevalet” is a light and airy duplex apartment. The front door leads into the kitchen/diner, which has views over the millstream. Climbing the spiral staircase brings one to the sittingroom with views over both the river and millstream. A short passage off leads to the double and twin bedded rooms, each with their own en-suite shower room.
To the right of the entrance is a second door which opens onto the sun terrace for convenient “al fresco” dining and sun worshipping. A short flight of steps leads to the riverbank, pool house and sauna.
There is a small selection of books available in the sittingroom. but a larger selection, together with games, are available in the main entrance. In addition there is a large library of DVDs and CDs which can be borrowed.
Recommendations for both walking and driving tours, together with maps are available for those days when a need for exploration is felt.
On the western bank of the River Save, the grounds extend over some 14 acres comprising a small formal garden, lawned areas and meadow.