In early 1814, en route to the Battle of Toulouse, Wellington's army marched along the Save Valley following what is now the D17. At that time they would have passed the recently built Moulin de Samaran. After a century and a bit of grinding wheat into flour. the Moulin was substantially re-built during the 1990s when it was converted into gites.
Comprising the entire top floor of the mill building, Figuier is spacious enough to swing any number of cats. The main reception room has a dual aspect with views over the mill leat both to the front and rear. An archway on the right leads into the fully fitted kitchen diner which has views over the River Save and the surrounding hills and countryside. Opposite, a short passage takes leads through to the two double and one twin bedded room together with the two shower rooms.
To the right of the ground floor main entrance, a second door opens onto the sun terrace for convenient “al fresco” dining and sun worshiping. A short flight of steps leads to the riverbank, pool house and sauna.
There is a small selection of books available in the sittingroom. but a larger selection, together with games, are available in the main entrance. In addition there is a large library of DVDs and CDs which can be borrowed.
Recommendations for both walking and driving tours, together with maps are available for those days when a need for exploration is felt.
On the western bank of the River Save, the grounds extend over some 14 acres comprising a small formal garden, lawned areas and meadow.