Casa Vista is our winter home for 4/5 months every year, therefore it is better equipped and more comfortably furnished than the regular holiday-let. The villa is on the edge of the community - but the patio/solarium areas are not overlooked. There are numerous windows which gives the villa a light and airy feel and takes full advantage of the lovely setting. On the ground floor is a large lounge/dining room, modern kitchen, bathroom, separate loo and wash handbasin and 2 bedrooms. The covered patio gives further living space. Outside there is a staircase leading to the first floor which has a full shower room, kitchenette , twin bedded room and single bedroom room. Accessible from these rooms is a large solarium- again with glorious mountain views and sights of the sea. The pool is modern and fully automated with a salt system which requires no nasty chlorine! There are plenty of sun loungers/recliners and 3 outdoor eating areas i.e. the sun terrace, the patio and the garden.
San Juan is a small but popular resort with Spanish and Northern Europeans. San Juan also boasts one of the best beaches and promenades in the area and a good selection of bars/restaurants - all within 20 mins walk (15 mins if you are thirsty!)
Bedroom 1 - double bedroom with fitted wardrobes and A/C
Bedroom 2 - twin beds with fitted wardrobes and A/C
Outside Access to:
Bedroom 3 - twin beds with fitted wardrobe and A/C
Bedroom 4 - single bed with A/C
Ground floor bathroom, fully marble tiled with 2 wash hand basins, bath with shower over and bidet. Separate wc with wash hand basin.
First Floor - fully marble tiled shower room with shower, wc and wash hand basin.
Main Kitchen -ground floor. Full cooker, hob, fridge freezer, microwave, dishwasher and full range of crockery, glassware, cutlery, pans etc.
Kitchenette - first floor. Full cooker, hob, fridge, microwave and crockery,glassware, pans etc
Spacious living room with 2 large sofas, TV with main English channels, video player and radio. Large dining table with 6 dining chairs.
After southern Europe lost all main UK TV channels in February 2014 we invested in a new, large satellite dish - the only secure long-term solution to the problem.
You may want to watch TV or not - but in Casa Vista you do have the option.
Bed linen and towels are included. There is a local couple who visit the property at least once a week to check on the pool and to help with any problems or difficulties.
Barbecue, Private Pool, Parking, Garden.
Dishwasher, Fridge, Fridge/Freezer, Hob/Stove, Iron, Microwave, Oven, Washing Machine.
Air Conditioning, Internet Access, Room Fans, TV.
The pool is kidney/shaped 7x4m and upto 1.5m deep. There are Roman steps at the shallow end. There is an outside dining area with furniture and BBQ and loungers.
We bought Casa Vista in 2004. We are a recently retired professional couple with 3 grown up children. We spend 4/5 months each winter in San Juan de Los Terreros, returning home in May to spend the summer in England.
We have always lived in small villages - city life and lights are not for us! However, views, space and privacy are vital.
Why San Juan de Los Terreros..........
We love San Juan de Los Terreros. The village is small but well equipped with plenty of bars/restaurants. The beach is wonderful - soft and sandy - one of the best in the area. Also the sea front is not built up - so you can swim or bob around in the sea and when looking inland see mountains, not a concrete jungle!
Why we bought Casa Vista.........
The villa is on the edge of a community - secluded but not remote and the views are fantastic with a 270 degree panoramic view ranging from mountains to sea.
The house is perfect for flexible living. The upstairs floor is accessed from an external staircase and has its own front door, shower room and kitchenette - so the villa can be used as one large villa or 2 separate flats - ideal for extended families or a group of friends.
Additional information about rental rates
We ask for folks to arrive after 16.00 and leave by 11.00 . However we try to be as flexible as we can. We ask for 25% deposit on booking. The remaining 75% is due 4 weeks before the holiday. The price includes water and bed and bathroom linen. We operate a fair usage policy regarding electricity. We do not charge for the first 125kw ( approx €25) per week. There is a kw counter in the villa. We also ask for a £200 security deposit which is payable on arrival and returned on departure less any deductions for accidental damage and excess use of electricity.