We would like to share our unique place, a cottage integrated in Nature surrounded by a forest in the proximity of El Teide National Park but only 15 minutes away from the beach. You will have access to the whole property included in a 17.000 m2 land. It has it all, tranquility, peace and access to northern Tenerife. Our home is ideal for hiking, birdwatching and stargazing and made for those who love traveling experiencing the real thing but like to stay away from crowded touristic areas.
Our Tenerife cottage, traditional Canary Islands style home, is integrated in a forest of pine trees within a 17.000 m2 property, right at the limits of El Teide National Park. It´s a 2 bedroom with 2 complete independent bathrooms one in each bedroom. Main bedroom has a queen bed, a double sofa bed and full bathroom. Next to the main house building a second bedroom with 2 single beds and another full bathroom. There is a big kitchen-dinning room (best part of the house :)) with barbecue and a porch with a confortable sofa excellent for reading or just sitting watching the views of our beautiful forest.
There are many trails for hiking around our house that will take you all over the CORONA FORESTAL, from Arenas Negras Recreational Area to Los Realejos. It´s a fantastic opportunity to discover nature, bird watching, hiking, mountain biking and enjoy spectacular views, yet we are only 15 minutes away from the city of Icod.
To get to our house you will need to rent a car. Any car can make it there (depending on the load) although we recommend to rent a diesel engine car or medium size car to drive to our house and around Tenerife. A small car with 4 adults and 4 big suitcases will have difficulty to make it up as few turns are a bit steep.
1. Cueva del Viento. This Long Volcano tube (70km) is near our house and guided tours are provided in various languages. Please for more info check their web site and make sure you make reservations ahead of time.
2. Beach San Marco, only 10 minutes away.
3. Garachico, about 20 minutes away, beautiful old downtown and natural sea pools. Excellent pizza at Bacco restaurant :)
4. Don´t miss visiting Volcano of El Teide and its surrounding, Las Cañadas. There is a cable car that will take you from the base to 3.555 meters. If you feel like climbing the last 200 meters make sure you get a permit at "reservasparquesnacionales", click on the option language. Again, make sure you plan ahead of time and make reservation through their web page, only very few people are allow to climb up those 200 meters every day, small groups of 8 to 10 people.
5. Loro Parque, dolphins, killer whales, seals shows, alligators, tigers, gorillas and impressive Pinguin and sharks aquarius. It will take a whole day and excellent for kids.
6. Masca. Excellent views and breathtaking road. About 40 minutes from our house.
7. Taganana. Part of Montes de Anaga in the other side of the island, certainly worth the drive. About 50 minutes from our house.
8. La Laguna old downtown, excellent for a walk with the family, La Laguna Cathedral and La Concepción Church, and in between small stores and cafeterías. Excellent for coffee and a snack.
Some other information:
Mini market, 2 km away.
Supermarket, 15 minutes away.
Closest restaurant, 5 minutes.
Downtown, about 15 minutes away.
Nearest hospital, 15 minutes away.
Paragliding, 25 minutes away.