Brand new 3-bdrm vacation home packed with modern comfort and ocean views
Children must be 8 or older to stay
Minimum age of primary renter:25
As much of the property is wilderness and the beach is not lifeguarded, guest must sign a liability waiver to use beach, pond, and trails.
Guests wishing to cook fish or shellfish shall do so outdoors on the BBQ or elsewhere or forfeit their damage deposit
Guest acknowledge the presence of other guests in the community and shall keep noise to within reason during the day; quiet time begins at 10 pm
100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
Paradise on the cliffs of Colindale
Great location to Cabot golf
Amazing property managers that made our stay so easy
Beautiful house that comfortable slept four adult men on a golf trip
Enjoy night life in Mabou to cap off a spectacular east coast experience.
Immaculate Oasis far from the Madding Crowds
This was our first time visiting Nova Scotia and Cape Breton Island. We wanted to stay close enough to the Cabot Trail to be able to drive it one day and make stops along the way. This location was perfect for that. The "Blue Pearl" is beautifully designed with artful attention to detail throughout. Although we did not meet our host, he was prompt and proactive in communicating with us prior to and upon our arrival and departure. Because we were on a driving tour we did not have an opportunity to spend much time on the private beach, but we were able to walk to it (a good 10-15 min. beautiful walk) and catch the last light of the sunset. The beach is breath taking. This could be a fantastic spot for a week long family summer vacation. Note that the property is accessed via an improved but not paved road 2-3 miles from the main road. We were in an SUV and it was easy., and the road is well maintained and should be easily accessible for a car as well. This place is wonderfully secluded - the closest restaurants and markets are 15-30 minutes away, so its best to plan to stock up before you arrive, and to arrive before dark if possible, not only to make it easier to locate the home, but also to get the full impact on arrival of the stunning views through the evergreen trees down to the ocean. On our departure morning the wind whipped through the trees aqnd churnced up the surf - a spectacular sight from the comfort of our bedroom and everywhere throughout the comfort of this open floor plan home. Finally, we greatly appreciated Michael extending our checkout time to enable us to sleep in the morning after our long drive and enjoy a leisurely breafast.
Stephen - Again, thank you for your stay with us and for the very thoughtful and complimentary review. In follow up to our sidebar email chat, I'd like to clarify for our readers that the property is located 5-8 minutes by car from the restaurants, shops and beaches in Port Hood and 15 minutes from the restaurants and live music in Mabou. These travel times are consistent with what's indicated on Google Maps. Again, thank you for your review. You and your colleagues are welcome back anytime.
All the best,
We couldn’t say enough wonderful things about our stay at this modern property.
The home was beautiful, the views were beautiful and of course the island itself is beautiful!
I would highly recommend this accommodation to anyone looking to explore Cape Breton Island.
Michael, the host was super sweet and he even shipped a bag home to the U.S. that we left behind.
On our stay, there were two adults and three children 13 and under who stayed in one of the Villas, and we had plenty of room.
This is a must see property!
Great owner who really cares about his guests. accommodations were awesome!
Beautiful home in a breathtaking setting!
We were thrilled with the property and would definitely return. The home was immaculate, well decorated, very comfortable with all the amenities, exceeding our expectations. The setting was spectacular--surrounded by the beauty of forest, fields, a private pond and crescent, soft sand beach! Michael was a delightful, thoughtful and responsive host who communicated extremely well with us both before and during our visit. We highly recommend this property for anyone visiting Nova Scotia and Cape Breton!
Beyond our relaxing beach zone and nature walks there are many things to do in the surrounding area:
The Blue Pearl is located in the picturesque oceanside community of Colindale.
Location-wise we are:
- 5 minutes from Port Hood, a vibrant seaside destination with a grocery store, restaurants, tuna fishing charters, summer/fall music festivals and five sandy beaches with miles and miles of sand.
- 10 minutes from the quaint village of Mabou which boasts great local food, local fiddle music, great beaches and spectacalar hiking at nearby Cape Mabou (which has miles of mountain-top hiking trails with stunning views of Cape Bretons' rugged coastline, cliffs and beaches below.)
- A scenic half-hour drive from bustling Inverness, home of the Cabot Cliffs and Cabot Links golf courses, and many summer/fall music festivals. Here you will also find whale and seal tours, kayak tours and rentals, deep-sea fishing tours and mountain bike rentals
- A scenic hour drive from the start of the world-famous Cabot Trail
- 25 minutes from the Glenora Distillery, where you can enjoy tasting award-winning scotch whiskey and tours of the distillery
Nearby attractions include:
1. Sensational, Sandy, Swimming Beaches – Port Hood and nearby Mabou are known across Canada for their collection of more than six sandy swimming beaches with miles of sand and warm swimming waters (which reach 22 degrees Celsius / 70 degrees Fahrenheit in the summer). They are great spots for swimming, beachcombing and sea glass hunting and photography.
2. Tuna Fishing charters and boat tours from Port Hood and Mabou
3. World-class Golf -- We are located half an hour from the world-famous Cabot Cliffs Golf Course in Inverness and within 90 minutes of 3 other great golf courses -- Bell Bay, Dundee and Le Portage golf courses
4. Hiking – Nearby Cape Mabou has an extensive network of uncrowded intermediate and challenging hiking trails. The trails are notable for their mountain-top, sweeping views of Cape Breton’s rugged coastline and sunsets
5. Whale and seal tours
6. Kayak tours and rentals
7. Deep-sea fishing tours and charters
8. Mountain bike rentals
9. Private boat and kayak tours
Note: Items 5-9 are available in nearby Inverness, which is a scenic half-hour drive.
10. Listening to live Celtic music and dance during the summer and fall in Port Hood, Mabou (ten minutes drive), Inverness (35 minutes drive) and Port Hawkesbury (40 minutes drive).
11. Whiskey Tasting -- Enjoy award-winning whiskey tasting at the Glenora Distillery which is a 25- minute drive. The distillery is unique in that it is Canada’s first single malt whiskey distillery and maintains the highlands Scot's tradition of distilling the heartwarming drink "Uisage Beatha" (The Water of Life). Tours operate daily in the summer and early fall.