What it’s like
Staying at our gîtes on the hill will make you feel on top of the world: each accommodation is absolutely private, with its own garden, amongst the safe and spacious surroundings of an attractive park and apple orchard.
Indulge in peace and tranquillity.
From the terrace, enjoy the outstanding panoramic views of the quiet unspoilt countryside, a breath of our fresh air, the famous Norman ever-changing light. On warm days, rest in the shade of the arbour, and on cooler days, enjoy the marble fire-place inside. Take a walk through the orchard to the swing set or to visit our two friendly Shetland ponies in the field nearby, who eagerly await treats.
Floors are tiled throughout the Dairy, but for the bedrooms which are carpeted. Heating is adjustable in each room using electric radiators. Wi-Fi broadband internet access and a 40” LED TV (with Blu-ray/DVD player and Sky Satellite) are also provided. Only hypo-allergenic organic cleaning products are used to clean the house, and provided for your stay.
• Accessible to persons with disabilities
• Living/dining-room with splendid antique red-marble fireplace, comfortable double sofa, dining table and chairs
• Fully equipped kitchen including 5-burner gas range, dishwasher
• Bedroom1 with 1 double bed, and 1 single bed
• Bathroom with italian shower
• Bedroom 2 with 2 single beds
• Bedroom 3 with 1 queen-size bed
• Bedroom 4 with 2 single beds
• Bathroom with walk-in shower, hand basin, WC
• Enclosed private garden with a horn-beam arbour
• Gas BBQ and garden furniture
• Swing set in the orchard (shared with the second Gîte)
• Spectacular views as far as Caen – 30 miles away!
• Enjoy a game of Pétanque, Boules or Bocci.
• Hybrid bikes for adults and BMX for children
• A paradise for birds watchers
• Official hiking trails nearby
• Two Shetland ponies in the field nearby
What is included for your stay
• All house linens (100% cotton – duvet covers, pillow-cases, fitted sheets, towels, dish (tea) towels, tablecloths)
• Basic kitchen staples (sugar, tea, oil & vinegar, salt & pepper, flour, etc.)
• Paper towels and toilet paper
• Organic household cleaning supplies
• Utilities (gas and electricity for cooking, lighting, hot water, heating and BBQ)
• Baby gear: 2 wooden cots, high-chair, changing mat, pottie, towels, safety gate
• Some logs are provided for the open fire – more can be purchased as required
• A few books, board games and family-friendly movies are available for rainy days
• Carrots for the ponies and feed for the birds!
What not to forget!
• Your travel essentials (clothing, personal care products, camera)
• Groceries can be purchased on your way in the small towns nearby
• Medication and prescriptions as required
• Your children’s favourite books, games and movies
• Beach towels (we kindly ask that house linens remain on property)
• Your favourite sporting equipment