Casa da Comporta is literally built on the sand! Its unique architecture has already become a landmark of best design practice in the area. The villa stands harmoniously over the sand dunes 300m from Praia do Pego beach in Comporta, a popular destination among the european elite. 80 km South of Lisbon, Comporta is blessed with endless uncrowded sandy beaches to the West and the unique setting of the protected Sado Estuary (with its dolphins and the Arrabida Mountain Range National Park) to the East and the South.
Although modern and hip, the clean and discreet architectural design of the single floor villa blends with the sand dunes and the Formosa laguna with grace. The interiors are mostly made from modern materials such as smooth polished cement, which cleverly highlights the designer furniture and its colours throughout. The ethnic influences are visible in the bathrooms and furniture, giving the finishing touches of exclusive low key glamour and refinement.
Architect Pedro Ferreira Pinto designed the house to be a dream getaway in the area of Comporta. With two private courtyards, perfect to relax, Casa da Comporta is more than a house, it's an experience. As the central point of the entire house, the main courtyard is ideal for lunching or dinning outside, read or relax after a day at the beach.
The masterpiece is outside. Overlooking the sea and the distant Arrábida National Park, the chic private heated swimming pool (15m x 2,5m) lies on top of the house. Next to it, there is a fabulous built-in designer sundeck and an exterior table with a parasol and chairs, perfect to enjoy the wonderful weather during the day or just watching the stars at night with a glass of the best local wine.
The spacious modern interiors are very relaxing and comfortable due to its eclectic decoration. Magnificent wood tables from Bali, a Budha from India, masks from Mozambique and other unique pieces from Brazil, Mexico, Morocco, Tunisia, Thailand or S. Tomé live together in perfect harmony.
With 5 bedrooms, which accommodate up to 12 persons (8 adults and 4 children), 5 bathrooms, living room, fully equipped kitchen and dining area, Casa da Comporta is perfect to enjoy in summer or in the colder season. In the autumn and winter, the heated floors are perfect to walk barefoot inside the house while watching the nature outside.
- 4 double bedrooms, 1 bedroom with bunk beds.
- 5 bathrooms. Fully equipped kitchen.
- TV room (cable TV with 80 channels, DVD player, wireless web access, ipod docking station).
- Heated floors (winter) and fireplace. Heated Pool.
- 5 bicycles available to get around, playground, barbecue, private parking, alarm and safe (ask for the code).
- Welcome basket with bottled water, wine, fresh fruit, local cheese, milk, coffee, tea, bread, olives and charcoal for barbecue use.
- Bed linen and towels included in the price.
- 9 hours of cleaning included during stay, split between two days.
- Live-in housekeeper (babysitter, cleaning, ironing and cooking) on request.
For further information please visit the website www.casadacomporta.net