Free arrival and departure. 3 days min. (rented my 7 days July, August and early September)
Welcome to CasaKarla - King's Apartment a quality apartment in beautiful Albufeira on the beautiful Algarve coast
The Algarve coast had its heyday for northern Europeans in the eighties, but went into the oblivion in favor of tourist magnets like Turkey, Bulgaria, Greece, etc. Algarve coast is long and full of small towns where Albufeira is the largest resort town. Coast's main city Faro, airport city and the administrative center of the region, is located 34 km from Albufeira.
We traveled first time to the Algarve some years ago and fell in love immediately in Albufeira with its old fishing village and respect for the architecture, which is what has made it a popular holiday area. We quickly decided that we wanted a residence in Albufeira, so that we could have a permanent base in town, but also so we could invite visitors back to this amazing spot on the world map.
Casakarla - King's Apartment
We bought an apartment on the 2nd floor of one of Albufeira's oldest streets in October 2013, which we have dubbed CasaKarla - King's Apartment. Here are views of the sea and large parts of the city from the large terrace.
• The apartment is 85m2, bright and spacious and purchased as a Portuguese categorized T1, which means there is room / kitchen, bathroom and a bedroom. We have renovated and upgraded it to a T1 + by creating two additional shielded beds in the living room. The apartment can therefore accommodate four people.
• The apartment is typical Portuguese with dark wood and bright tiles, although the building is modern and from the year 2001. We have let typical Portuguese meeting typically Nordic with a bright and light decor.
• When you are on vacation in CasaKarla, you must feel it is your home, and therefore we have made sure all necessities. We will make sure that you get the whole package, and everything a vacation should accommodate. In the apartment you will find:
• Kitchen cabinets filled with equipment so you can explore the delicious local produce.
• We recommend that you use the electric Weber grill on the terrace to create a tasty meal.
• Dyne / pillow, linen and towels - also to the beach.
• Washing machine, dishwasher, hairdryer, iron and more.
• Air conditioning can both cool and heat the apartment.
• Heat the bathroom and a gas furnace, which ensures that you never runs out of hot water - something that is unusual in Portugal.
• Free Wi-Fi and 89 TV channels, however, no Scandinavian.
• High chair and travel cot
• Linens and towels are changed and the apartment is cleaned weekly - always before arrival.
In you just have to pack what fits in a cabin suitcase after RyanAir's standards (10 kg á 55x40x20 cm), as there is ample opportunity to wash clothes while on vacation. Soap and the like can be purchased in small quantities in the local shops.
Albufiera has 3000 hours of sunshine annually, which can be enjoyed on the 24m2 large south facing terrace. Since the apartment is built on the highest point, there is a beautiful view of the sea and a large part of the city from here. I will among other things see the archaeological museum, which is a primary landmark in the city, and the old hospital with its distinctive tower, where a bell is hung in a steel spire.
Rather atypically differs a little time the terrace of the apartment, however, there are only two steps to reach one part from the other. This has the advantage that the apartment will not be boiling hot in summer as there is no south-facing windows in the apartment.
• On the terrace there:
• a custodian closet with four sun beds (may not be taken on the beach), beach mats and beach umbrellas that you are allowed to take to the beach.
• a table with four chairs and a Weber Grill.
• Two large awnings that can provide shade.