Luxury 4 Bed Villa, Large Garden, 10m Pool, Mountain View, 10min Walk To Village
Pool / Spa
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 60 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 30 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 30 days before check-in.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property that is caused by you or your party during your stay.
No smoking - Smoking outside is permitted.Smoking outside is permitted.
Max guests: 8
My visit to Argeles-sur-Mer was delightful - the Villa Flaitte could not be better!
Peaceful, beautiful and very accommodative : perfect ambiance for my vacation and a family reunion:)
Stewart and Gavin were very helpful and easy to reach. Will come back, thanks a lot, Irina.
Fabulous stay at Villa Failte
The Villa is beautiful and everything needed is provided. We absolutely loved the outdoor areas and pool. The villa is about a 10 minute walk into the village and a comfortable 30 minute walk to the beach. The train station is a 15 minute walk and from here we went into Collioure (its a must) and takes about 4mins. Most evenings we ate at the villa's outdoor kitchen. We did enjoy the occasional meal out and recommend La Gamate in Argeles village,food was fantastic and easy walk from the villa (you will need to book).
Thank you for sharing your fantastic villa with us. We will be visiting again.
Fabulous villa with everything you could wish for!
We stayed here as a family of 4, with another family of 3 and the villa was perfect! Between us we had 3 girls, aged 11 and two at 13.
The location is great - short walk to the village and drive to a choice of lovely beaches, the port or other nice towns.
Villa Failte is fantastic. Very spacious, with great outdoor space as well, including a lovely seating area and barbecue; and the fabulous pool. There’s also table-tennis, pétanque and plenty of inflatables and games to keep you occupied!
The villa is well equipped with all home from home comforts. Our girls enjoyed being able to watch Netflix to escape the heat!
Communication with the owners was super efficient when booking and prior to our holiday with lots of useful information provided. This continued throughout our stay, with the helpful manager Gavin as well.
We had a fantastic week here, and would definitely recommend, or come back again!
A lovely Holiday Home
We had a lovely time and very much enjoyed the Villa, which had everything that we could possibly want. It was immaculate and handily located, for shops, the Ville and the Beach.
I could not recommend it highly enough.
There is just so much to do and see in and around Argeles Sur Mer and the surrounding areas. The following is just a brief summary ...
Outdoor activities such as :
- hillwalking or mountain biking in the Alberes
- canyoning, white water rafting,kayaking in local rivers and gorges
- sea kayaking, windsurfing, snorkelling, diving, sailing, jet-skiing at local beaches (not least the blue flag Argeles beaches considered amongst the best family beaches in France)
- golfing at St Cyprien (15 mins) and othe locations within an hours drive
- 2 local water parks plus a canyoning park !
- skiing in the Pyrenees
Places of Interest :
- Carcassonne (fabulous ancient citadel)
- Collioure (beautiful local town with seafront fortress and home of many famous artists)
- Wine tours and wine trail including Chateau Valmy in Argeles
- Perpignan, the ancient former capital of Catalonia
- the beautiful city of Narbonne
- the many castles, churches and cathar monuments of the region
- the beautiful cliff top walk from Argeles to Collioure
Proximity to Spain :
- Barcelona easily accessibly by car or train
- Salvador Dali museum just across the border (only 25 minutes away)
- Figueres, Girona, the Costa Brava all within an hours drive
Cultural Activities :
- Local cinema in Argeles
- Multi-screen cinema and 10 pin bowling in Perpignan
- Music and art festivals in Argeles
- Local markets twice weekly in Argeles and weekly in many surrounding towns / villages
- Local traditional shops in Argeles
- Hypermarket 4 mins by car
- Retail parks and malls in Perpignan
- Boutiques and galleries in Collioure
- Train station in Argeles
- Major train station in Perpignan (direct trains North and to Barcelona)
- Tourist train / bus serving Argeles and beach areas
- 1 Euro subsidised bus service to all local towns including Perpignan
- Easy access by car to all of above
Stewart & Donna
About Stewart & Donna
Donna and Stewart live in Troon, Scotland.
Stewart & Donna purchased this Villa in 2014
Why Stewart & Donna chose Argelès-sur-Mer
We fell in love with Villa Failte on a visit to the area and intend spending many months living there in future years. It has a lovely cosy family home feel about it and is very tranquil and relaxing. We have 4 children and chose the area because of the extensive outdoor activities available locally, the history of the area (Languedoc / Cathar) and the proximity to Barcelona (2.5 hours drive or direct train from Perpignan), not to mention the scenery and the sun !! We live beside the sea in Troon, Scotland and love the easy access to the beaches and sea at Argeles.
What makes this Villa unique
The villa and the location offer a bit of everything - whether you are looking for relaxation, culture, outdoor activities, entertainment or all of these. Argeles Sur Mer is part of Catalonia and so benefits from both French and Catalan cultures ... it is only a 25 minute drive to Spain and 2.5 hours to Barcelona. The area is easily accessible from a number of airports (Perpignan, Girona, Carcassone, Beziers, Montpellier, Toulouse, El Prat Barcelona). Have a look at the Argeles tourism website (link supplied) ... and that is just Argeles ... the Languedoc truly does have everything for a perfect holiday.