|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
Spend your vacation in the Hudson Valley... Our house is ideal for a getaway with family and friends and for guests attending Bard College events/graduation/Parents Weekend and/or weddings at Clermont, Olana, Valeur Mansion, Montgomery Place or other nearby event venues.
Accommodations: seven-bedroom house on lush, landscaped property, with apple and pear orchards, barn, spectacular sunsets
This spacious, immaculate family vacation home in the heart of the Hudson Valley works well for a getaway with family and/or friends, providing a nice mix of shared and secluded spaces, including three inside living areas, a downstairs three-bedroom private quarters and three outdoor spaces.
You can visit the historic mansions of the Hudson Valley and the FDR Presidential Library. Enjoy local holiday festivals. Go to an auction and shop for antiques. Enjoy a spa treatment and dinner in Rhinebeck. Walk the paths of Lake Taghanic State Park, Mills Mansion, Ferncliff and other nearby parks. Tour Bard College and attend a concert in the Frank Gehry Performing Arts Center.
The house interior is charming with a bay-window, book-lined dining area, wood-paneled living room with working fireplace and French doors leading out to the deck and view of the mountains. There are two additional living rooms for reading and watching TV.
Main floor: Kitchen, dining room, living room, den, four bedrooms including master suite with bathroom, and two additional bathrooms.
Ground floor: Three bedrooms, kitchen, dining area, living room, full bathroom and patio access.
Outdoors: Dining and seating areas on two decks--one with sunset view of Catskills; the other on shaded porch by gardens in front yard
The house is centrally located to enjoy the cultural, recreational and agricultural attractions of the Hudson Valley. It is less than 15 minutes away from:
• Bard College with the Frank Gehry Performing Arts Center with a year-round schedule of cultural events and the Stevenson Gymnasium with indoor Olympic-sized pool, full-size gym, squash courts, fitness center. Family passes available.
• Hudson River historic estates of Clermont, Olana, Montgomery Place, Mills Mansion. The Vanderbilt Mansion, FDR Presidential Library and Val-Kill are 30 minutes away.
• Hudson Valley Wine Trail - two wine-tasting rooms and one distillery within 5 minutes away
• Rhinebeck: home of the Upstate Films Theatre, Haven Spa, Dutchess County Fair, excellent restaurants and boutiques
• Hudson: historic city, county seat and antiques/auction center of the Northeast
• Tivoli: home to Bard students and highly acclaimed Madalin Hotel and Restaurant
• Tennis, golf and horseback riding nearby
An hour away is:
* Tubing and fishing on the Esopus River
* Hiking, skiing, snowboarding in the Catksills and Berkshires
* Biking - everywhere!
Keywords: Hudson Valley home
Bard College events
Friends and family reunions
Book clubs, work groups
Our group had a wonderful time in this spacious home. The house is extremely clean, comfortable and inviting. There is a very large deck out back with beautiful views. Particularly during fall foliage. Very close to local wineries, the Clermont Mansion and antiquing in Red Hook and Hudson. The house provided our group with a very relaxing fall weekend get away, which is exactly what we wanted. The owner is a lovely woman who is wonderful to deal with and very accommodating. We look forward to doing this again! Thanks!!
A group of us (12 total) stayed in this cozy yet enormous home for the weekend and had a wonderful time. The interior of the house is much larger than the photos represent. Even for 12 people, the house provided ample space with three different living rooms and seven bedrooms. In addition, the view from the back porch was incredible. The property was very clean and all possible amenities were provided. We thoroughly enjoyed the weekend and have many new memories. I would recommend this house to any group of individuals looking for a place to relax in the Hudson Valley area. We look forward to coming back.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Mar 2016 - 31 Dec 2016
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
$150 cleaning fee