|Minimum Stay||5 nights|
Your booking will be backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee when you complete your reservation online and finalise payment on HomeAway.Learn more
Perched between the sky and the green Umbrian countryside, the LUXURY COUNTRY HOUSE with infinity-pool boasts a spectacular position overlooking the valley and the Medieval centre of Todi which, with its bell towers and domed churches, stands out on the landscape between the farmhouse itself and the far off horizon.
The landscape, that guests can admire from the garden dining alfresco or having an aperitif at sunset, looks like a XV century painting and is a combination of pristine nature and the patient works of mankind who, over two thousand years, has laid the roads that have been in use since Roman times, cultivated the fields, the olive groves and the vineyards, and has constructed a series of hilltop villages.
DESCRIPTION OF THE VILLA
The property is dated back from 17th century and was tastefully restored a few years ago by the owners that are achitects and have a real passion for fine arts. Some of the works of art of their collection are inside the villa.
The property is comprised of a main large farmhouse on 3 levels and a nearby dependance converted in private apartment that can accomodate 2 guests.
The ground floor features a large and light living room with fire place, large french doors and direct access to the garden, this is the vibrant heart of the house.
Unlike most of the farmhouses in Umbria and Tuscany, which have many walls and corridors, here the the architect has designed an open and fluid space between the living room, the dining room and the kitchen. Thi floor has a service bathroom and each room has direct access to the scenic veranda overlooking Todi and the garden with pool.
From the ground floor, through a staircase, is possible to reach the gym and another service bathroom.
The first floor is composed of two double bedrooms with en suite bathroom (bathtub), a twin bedroom and a double bedroom with shared bathroom (shower).
Connected to the main house through a porch, there is the lovely GUEST HOUSE composed by a living room with fireplace, a double bedroom and a bathroom with shower. The outside private pergola, with black smelling grapes, is perfect to relax, read a book or have a meal. tHE GUEST HOUSE CAN BE RENTED AT AN EXTRA RATE.
Sleeps: 10 (the villa can accomodate 8 guests and the guest house 2 guests)
Bedrooms: 5 (4 in the villa, 1 in the guest house)
Bathrooms: 6 (2 ensuite with bathtub, 2 with shower, 1 service bathroom)
GARDEN AND POOL
The large garden have multiple sitting/lounging areas to enjoy dining alfresco or just to take in the view and spectacular sunsets. Particular care has been taken in the creation of the outdoor spaces: the farmhouse is surrounded by a large land of 3 hectares. Starting from the entrance gate, a beautiful drive bordered by hedges leads up to the residence. Secular oaks, olive trees, flowers and numerous lavender bushes encompass the well-kept lawn and garden surrounding the residence, extending all the way to the panoramic pool, which is set in a discreet location next to the farmhouse, overlooking the valley.
The country house has many sitting/lounging area, the best one is the veranda overlooking Todi, equipped with wrought iron armchairs and tables, heart of the whole house, ideal meeting place for our guests.
The swimming pool with infinity edge has a surface of 180 sqm and has a Jacuzzi area.
From the swimming pool the view is gorgeous, guests have lounges to sunbath, chairs and tables to enjoy that area of the garden.
AMENITIES of the villa:
- wifi internet connection
- Satellite TV
- DVD player, CD player
- washing machine
- American coffe machine
- Italian coffe machine (moka)
- electric/microwave oven
- ironing board
- mosquito screens (everywhere, except in the french doors and in one of the windows of the main bedroom)
- Air conditioning
- Soccer table
- Gym: weight machine, tapis roulant, step, wheights
LATEST DEALS in the villas for the low season, from September to December
SEPTEMBER FREE RIDE! On September, when the nature is more beautiful and the temperature is ideal for long rides, the HORSE RIDING CENTER, few minutes from the Villa offer a week of riding lessons and horseback riding in the woods TOTALLY FREE for all our guests. One more reason to choose that elegant villa for a holiday in low season!
OCTOBER: WELLNESS, a free week of fitness and treatments in a nearby Spa
NOVEMBER: COOKING CLASSES AND TASTING TOURS. November is the month of olive oil, wines, truffles, a week of free tasting tours and cooking classes with expert guides.
DECEMBER: CHRISTMAS EVENTS, a free guide to discover the magic atmosphere of Umbrian Christmas. Let's come with our guide for 1 week of free tours to visit the charming Umbrian towns and hamlets with Christmas events and lights, markets and shops. In December we often have some snow and will be great to use the fireplace in the evening, going out in the woods to find mushrooms during the day.
My name is Luana Zangarelli and I'm a property manager since 2009.
I run SPOLETIUM HOLIDAY RENTALS, self-catering apartments, villas and hotel rooms in Umbria.
My comany - Italy to Rent - can provide a large variety of activities and services for a pleasant and memorable experience during your stay:
guided tours, tasting tours, taxi transfer, event tickets, restaurant reservations, in-house chef, Italian Language classes, pic nic lunches, bike rentals, farm-to-table tours and much more.
Find out more in our web site www.spoletium.it
The country house is amazing, perfectly restored, well maintained, the location is great, with stunning views.
We spent 6 days in this villa on April 2016. We were a family of 8 adults and 3 young kids.
This is our 4th holiday villa we rent in Italy (Tuscany, Sorrento and Sicily), along with several villas in other countries (mostly France) in the past few years with our family, so definitely have some perspective.
Our overall experience was mixed. We wouldn't recommend the villa unless the water infrastructure is fundamentally overhauled.
1. The villa is well located in Umbria, very appropriate for "star" day trips.
2. The villa is very spacious - large living room, generous rooms, en-suite for (almost) all rooms. It never felt crowded.
3. The outside of the villa is beautiful, and very well kept. Spacious mowed lawns, nothing but birds song and breathtaking view. The pictures on the web site are true to life...
4. The beds are excellent, with quality linen and blankets, we all had a very good night sleep.
5. House heating works well, we were never cold in the house, although the temperature outside was 10-11 degC during most of our visit.
1. The main issue we had was with the water system in the showers. The water pressure in the bathrooms upstairs ranged from so-so to abysmal. And the water heating system didn't work well - 2 out of 6 nights we didn't have hot water in most of the showers. This was very frustrating, especially after the technician visit that was supposed to resolve the problem didn't resolve it. After the 2nd night of lacking hot water we left the villa. Surely, a cold shower with low water pressure was not what we were hoping for at the end of a chilly day... doesn't live up to the "luxury" title IMO.
2. The inside design - clearly the owners invested a lot, but not so much to our liking (I'd say it's over-design in many cases - design over functionality). Some rooms (e.g. the living room, relaxing room) use so little light they were unusable for us after dark. The kitchen makes heavy use of black tops and cabinets, which we didn't care for, and made it quite dark. The shower in one of the rooms is painted black and lacks a lamp, so when the curtain is closed it's almost pitch black...
3. Other amenities didn't live up to the "luxury" title IMO - again, perhaps it's design over functionality. Examples: basic cabinets in the rooms with no shelves, uncomfortable chairs in the dining table, no tablecloth for the dining table (I was told to use individual placemats...), only a single small TV in the entire house...
We spent our vacation in this beautiful home last year. We had such a wonderful time! The home overlooks rolling hills with beautiful views of the nearby hill town of Todi. The property is lush and provided us with a great location to enjoy the outdoors. We especially loved the outdoor patio area and the infinity pool.
The house is gorgeous. It's been beautifully restored with a lot of attention to detail. I loved the exposed wooden beams that were in several rooms, as well as all of the lovely art work. The house had everything we needed - we felt spoiled here. It is truly a magnificent place with lots of space, charm, and amenities.
We took several day trips to nearby towns, like Assisi, Todi and Perugia. The house is in a great location to explore the surrounding hill towns.
I can't say enough good things about our stay here. It's a slice of paradise in the hills of Umbria. We can't wait to return!
This is one of Umbria’s most beautiful areas, just 8 kilometres from Todi’s historical town and about a half an hour from the region’s most important historical towns, such as Perugia (30 km), Orvieto (34 km), Assisi (40 km) and Spoleto (40 km). Trasmeno and Bolsena Lakes at easy driving distance. The E45 free motorway and A1 highway, connects all the most important Umbrian cities and allow guests to easily reach Roma and Firenze (1 hour 30 minutes). The railway station of Todi is connected with the line of Trenitalia. A nearby medieval village with shops, supermarkets, pharmacy and groceries is just 1,5 km away, for guests' convenience. In the small village there is an excellent restaurant, the best of the entire area. If you are planning your vacation in August you'll be delighted to attend a local festival, it is a vibrant event that brings the village back to the past, offering glimpses of Medieval life.
TODI, 8 kms away
One of Umbria's most beautiful hill towns, Todi, is perched high up in the mountains with spectacular views in every direction. Reached by an exciting drive through winding roads and hairpin turns, this ancient city is an unexpected delight. Described as one of the 'most liveable towns in the world', Todi has retained much of the original features and charming character of the town's diverse historical periods in the face of passing time. With a rich history that dates back to around 1300 BC, Todi was settled by the Umbri, an ancient pre-Etruscan people who gave it the name Tudere.
WHAT TO DO DURING YOUR STAY...
ART, GASTRONOMY, TOURS, NATURE, SPORT, CULTURE, RELAX
- International Art festivals
- Antique markets (Todi and Pissignano)
- Wine Tours in the vineyards and cellars
- Active Days (guided or self-guided walks/hikes in the surrounding forests - cycling - river rafting - hiking, free climbing et.)
- horse riding in a Horse School at easy distance from the villa
- Truffle Hunting Excursion followed by lunch including truffles
- Classic City Tours in Umbria and Tuscany
- Cooking Classes in the villa
- Gourmet Tours (to include olive oil, cheese, cereals, cured meats);
- Winter fun (snow rackets trekking/cross country skiing) in the mountains
- SPA (at easy driving distance from the villa)
- Foraging Excursions followed by tastings (mushrooms, asparagus, edible flowers and wild herbs);
- Especially suitable for children (Pizza making, Truffle hunting with dogs, Riding with donkeys in the mountains followed by picnic, Farm visits, outdoor adventure park and more).
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
LOW SEASON 2016
24 Sep 2016 - 16 Dec 2016
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
17 Dec 2016 - 8 Jan 2017
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
|Notes: Rates are based on 8 guests; add £27 per night, per additional guest|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£712|
After the reservations, we'll provide directions and usefull info about the proerty, the area, services and conditions, what to do and see in the surroundings.
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.