|Minimum Stay||3 - 7 nights|
Charming independent villa with private swimming-pool situated in panoramic location, on the hills around the beautiful medieval town of Cortona, approx. 750 m above sea level. This property is surrounded by beautiful woods and offers tastefully furnished interiors and a cosy atmosphere. The location is ideal to enjoy the peace of the Tuscan landscape and at the same time to visit the most important historical cities of the area.
The access to the property is via an unpaved but well-maintained road.
Distances: the small village of Bagnolo with food shops 4 km away, Cortona with al kinds of shops 13 km, Città di Castello and Arezzo approx. 40 km. Lake Trasimeno is about 30 km away.
At guests’ disposal: furnished garden, beautiful irregular-shaped swimming-pool (ca. 7 x 14 m – maximum depth 2,4 m – open from 15/05 to 30/09), veranda equipped with tables and chairs for “al fresco” dining, barbecue. Use of a washing-machine and ironing facilities. Parking with the grounds.
Extra Services: Baby bed available on request. Upon request chef service available for nice Tuscan dinners.
-- ACCOMMODATION DESCRIPTION
Ground floor: living-room (satellite TV) with fireplace, dining area and kitchen corner (oven, freezer, dishwasher), bathroom with shower (Jacuzzi and Turkish bath).
1st floor: reading area, twin-bedded room, double bedroom with access to a covered terrace, bathroom with shower.
We had numerous problems during our stay. I would say that 33% was a language barrier, which in part is our responsibility as we are in a foreign country that we do not speak their language. The other 67% are areas that the owner could improve on.
Property should be noted as non-English speaking. Bad language issue for English guests.
You really should have an all-wheel drive vehicle, especially in rainy weather.
Driveway steep and rocky. We had a flat tire with a punctured sidewall from the rocks on the driveway to the property, ruining a day of our vacation. Could not get any vehicle service to our car because of the remote location. No usable address.
Toilet paper was promised. Had to buy our own.
No instructions for anything like wood heat, washer
Heat was a pain. Had to continually put wood on every 2-3 hours. Very hard to get a good night sleep. (obviously not a problem in the summer)
Bath and toilet locations not as advertised. Assumed the bathrooms adjoined bedrooms.
No garbage removal
First floor always cold even with fire
Spiders and flies
Villa name and advertised name not the same. (can supply a picture of the building villa name if you wish)
No Jacuzzi tub as advertised
Stairs were steep but sturdy
Very nice setting, very friendly tenants, , very quiet, nice pool. Some 15km off Cortona, all you do, you do by car. I expected to be closer to Cortona.
But we do recommand Villa Margherita.
Villa Margherita is fantastic! Highly recommended.
We just spent a fantastic three weeks here, It is so beautiful and tranquil. Unsurpassed sunsets. Lovely owner and family were so helpful with anything we needed. We will always treasure our days at this gem! Thank you, Michaela & Tom
If you want to be away from all, relax totally, this is the place to be! There will be no other tourists bothering your peace! The house is nice, cosy. The pool very clean, with an spectacular view over the hills of Tuscany. To get there you need to drive also on a unpaved road. We arrived in our SUV, which was perfect for this place. We loved it.
We booked Villa Margherita for a relaxing week following four days in Rome. And it was a superb week! The location is magnificent and we spent each evening discussing whether the amazing views at sunset from the pool area was better than the night before or whether it surpassed anything we'd ever experienced. The jury is still out but it takes some beating! The low humidity in the mountains meant that heat was not a problem and concerns over the lack of aircon unfounded. In fact the first few day were a bit cool and we used our minimal wardrobe in a layered fashion!!
There were just two of us (no kids this time - hurrah!) but if you had young children, you would need to give consideration to the pool area and the pool itself. Fantastic for swimmers and jumpers but with no real shallow area. And the views might be wasted on 3year olds!
A helpful, non-intrusive owner (little English but French worked a treat!)
A fabulous, cool, relaxing, inspirational week. Highly recommended.
*Plus compulsory or optional charges based on actual occupancy or consumption. The payment has to be made in the currency offered by the property manager, before use of conversion tool. Payments in other currencies have to be negotiated beforehand with the property manager. The currency conversion tool is provided for your convenience only and is non-binding.