This magnificent stone Perigordine property has recently undergone a complete renovation and offers luxury accommodation, in a superb setting. The house has been lovingly restored using traditional materials such as terracotta and natural stone floors, parquet flooring in the bedrooms and exposed stone walls and beams.
The arrival at the house is by the large lawned area between the pool and the house.
Go through the glass door into the first lounge:
* a cosy sitting room has been created with two walls, totally glazed. One looking out to the pool area and the other opening onto the romantic inner terrace. The sitting room has a comfortable sofa and armchairs, a flat screen TV, coffee table and lamps. It also has a wood burning stove for coller mid season evenings.
* a step leads down into the brand new fitted kitchen, offering dishwasher, electric oven, gas hob, coffee machine, kettle, toaster, bread machine, etc. A large wooden dining table seats 8, and is the ideal spot for informal meals. This room opens onto the garden area at the rear of the house.
* Another couple of steps lead down into a bureau, complete with desk and armchairs, and also with a door opening onto the garden.
* the formal lounge is a magnificent room, with stone walls and beamed ceiling. An imposing traditional cantou open fireplace dominates the room, and you can relax in the sofa and armchairs. Another dining table offers a more formal setting for 8 guests. A french door leads out onto the garden. Four steps lead up to an office area (for those who really cannot leave work behind!), with a fabulous tapestry wall hanging.
* a separate toilet completes this floor.
The sleeping accommodation is set in two separate areas:
The first is accessible via a staircase situated after the formal lounge.
* a first double bedroom with double bed, cupboard, desk, bedside tables and lamps.
* a bathroom with bath and shower over and washbasin.
The remaining bedrooms are reached by a staircase leading off the kitchen/diner:
* a second double bedroom offers a double bed, chest of drawers, bedside tables and lamps.
* the third and final bedroom has a double bed, desk and bedside tables and lamps.
A fold out single sofa bed can accommodate an extra child.
* these two bedrooms share a newly renovated bathroom, with bath and shower over, washbasin and toilet.
For extra independence, both of these bedrooms can be accessed through a door from the outside via some stone steps leading off the inner courtyard.
Wifi access throughout.
For our guests comfort bed linen and towels are included.
The house is set in a couple of acres of gardens, and offers various different spots, all ideal for relaxing. Whatever time of day or evening, you will be able to find your ideal spot - whether it be for sunbathing, or reading in the shade!
* the all important private pool measures 12m x 6m and is equipped with sun loungers and parasols. The former dovecote provides a pretty backdrop to the pool area, but rest assured it is only used for garden storage!
* in front of the TV lounge, there is a large lawned area, where you will find a stone built barbecue and table and chairs, perfect for leisurely lunches.
* the french windows of the formal lounge and the dining room open onto a garden area, also with table and chairs, where you can look over the prairie below, ideal for ball games, and spot the local wildlife of deer, rabbits, birds and squirrels.
* the inner courtyard provides a tranquil spot for an aperitive, reached either through the TV lounge, the bureau or the formal lounge.