|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
Beautiful apartment of 120 m2 with garden for rent in a luxury property with concierge. This apartment on the ground floor was renovated in 2008; it has a large living room / entrance room, large kitchen with direct access to the garden, two bedrooms, two bathrooms, hallway and additional space mezzanine / storage. The garden measures 80 M2. The apartment is conveniently located about 500 meters (5 minutes walk) from Piazza del Popolo in the Flaminio district. Parking space still available in the same street, no other houses / apartments in the area.
200 euros / night, 25 eur per each additional person
All photographs on https: // www. flickr. com / photos / 12692300 @ N05 / sets / 72157638774065996 /
We also offer Venice and France! All photos on http: // www. flickr. com / photos / 12692300 @ N05 / sets /
Between the elegant Pincio and the banks of the Tiber, Piazza del Popolo form a huge ellipse. Churches, fountains, monuments, ancient and modern Rome embellish instead.
Since ancient times, the northern entrance of the city formed a vestibule into the city through the gate in the Aurelian Wall. Although now known as the Porta del Popolo, he has had several names over the centuries.
Originally called Porta Flaminia by Emperor Aurelian who ordered its construction in the early medieval period, it was called Porta San Valentino, after the nearest catacomb. Finally, the name of Porta del Popolo was agreed as the church adjoining the door of Santa Maria del Popolo.
Piazza del Popolo was even known as the Piazza del Trullo in the Middle Ages, from the conical fountain that was in the center of the square, reminiscent of a South Italian dwelling characteristic. Its current name is possibly due to poplar, known in Latin 'populus' that also meant people a apt association as various public events such as fairs, games and dramatic performances were held there.
For centuries, the Piazza del Popolo was a public fountain, a trough and a cistern for washerwomen. It was Sixtus V in 1589, which turned his attention instead. The Trullo fountain, under the supervision and execution of Domenico Fontana, was to be replaced by the Egyptian obelisk of Ramses II, second in age and height as that of San Giovanni, originally brought to the city by Emperor Augustus, and placed in Circus Maximus.
Transport and installation on the Piazza del Popolo gave a more majestic air, less domestic. Four lions pools of water were added to the obelisk in 1823, during the reign of Pope Leo XII.
The next event was the arrival of Queen Christina of Sweden. Wishing to convert to Catholicism, she arrived in Rome in 1655, to a splendid home: from the North, his first vision was the Porta del Popolo.
Bernini was responsible for restoring the interior façade of the old door in preparation for his arrival. A plaque was placed on top of the arc, reading: 'FELICI FAUSTOQUE INGRESSUI MDCLV' (For a Happy input and Conducive) which remains to this day. His entrance was so 'happy' that never left Rome.
Towards the end of the seventeen hundreds, in the middle of the Napoleonic invasion, the ever-increasing stream of visitors and pilgrims descending on Rome by the Porta del Popolo, motivated the decision to modernize instead.
Until the eighteen hundreds, the square has a trapezoidal shape that converged toward the door. During the Napoleonic era, the French prefect, Tournon, was head of the "Commission of embellishments" in Rome.
He commanded Valadier, a Roman architect to redesign the Piazza del Popolo, what he did to stunning effect. Work began in 1816, lasting until 1824 and the first time since the French occupation, the prisoners have not been used for work.
The project had to take into account the significant existing buildings: three churches, Santa Maria del Popolo, Santa Maria di Montesanto (St. Mary of Montesanto), Santa Maria dei Miracoli (Saint Mary of Miracles), the obelisk, Porta del Popolo and Via del Corso, which was to remain intact.
The lateral structures were replaced by spacious porticos. They supported the Neptune fountain between two newts, and the Goddess Roma on each side, added in 1823 during the reign of Pope Leo XII. Instead became then accessible from one side to the other, so that each end.
With a touch of genius, the square was connected to the park on the hill above a staircase leading down from the Pincio hill. Piazza del Popolo was the last contribution of the Pope to the legendary architecture of Rome, and in many ways reflects its splendor, inspiring a sense of fear in the visitor.
Stressing that supremacy, the three churches dedicated to the Virgin, surrounded by the obelisk, which in ancient times was dedicated to the pagan sun god.
What a lovely apartment! The décor and amenities made us feel like we were truly experiencing Rome as a resident, not a tourist. It was centrally located and very near wonderful destinations such as Villa Borghese and Piazza Popolo. The gated patio was an extra bonus as it is larger than it appears in the photos. The bathrooms are very new and the entire apartment was spotless upon arrival. The buildings are locked and gated so you will feel secure. Highly recommend!
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
|Notes: Rates are based on 1 guests; add £13 per night, per additional guest|
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|