|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
Bohemian and atmospheric, it would be hard to dislike Bairro Alto, unless occasional night time revelry wakes you from your sleep. But you’ll love this apartment. The upstairs area is for lounging. When the weather's good (and it often is), grab a few steaks at a local butcher and barbecue them in the private terrace.
Students and artists of all types get together in this area to let their hair down at night. The Bairro Alto is the epicentre of the city’s alternative scene.
But it’s not all about nightlife. The day is the perfect time to check out the views from the Mirador de São Pedro de Alcântara or have a glass of port at the Solar do Vinho.
Or head to the Príncipe Real where you’ll found gay-friendly bars, galleries and a park with exotic plants.
Several light bulbs did not work so it was dark in several places in the apartment. The apartment also needs a renovation here and there. The standard is not according to what a tourist expects/requires.
This apartment was located in Lisbon's Bairro Alto neighborhood which is a perfect location being near many bars and restaurants. The apartment met our vacation needs very nicely. The owner met us on our day of arrival and showed us the apartment, explaining how everything worked. One suggestion for improvement would be better lighting in the two bathrooms for application of make-up. We would return to this apartment in the future.
Very hot apartment, having known about lack of air conditioning would have been better. Also, parking is extremely expensive in the area, $40 per day!
Beautiful apartment, perfect location in the center of everything, loads to do and see during the day and its a very lively place a night. Loads of people, bars, restaurants and lots and lots of music and noise so not a place for peace and quite...I think we might need another holiday to recover :D The owner of the apartment was lovely and very pleasant to deal with as well...would definitely recommend for a group of couples/girls or lads :D
1. Location right in the party bar area and right opposite a police station so very quiet. Also 5 minute walk down a flight of stairs which take you directly to the train station, managed easily even with luggage.
2. Apartment was clean and spacious although some little things broken due to bad maintenance.
3. Beds were big and comfortable
1. Land lord required full payment and deposit in cash upon arrival (around 500 euros cash) (200 euro deposit)
2. Land lord asked each individual person staying if anything was broken and continued to check every inch of the house before returning the deposit as if she was trying to find any excuse to keep the £200 euros.
3. Bbq pit was not accessible and was filled with plants unlike how website advertises
4. On suite bathroom had a hot tub looking bath only shower functionality, the shower being 5 feet off the basin making myself a 6 foot man left to struggle to have a wash!.
5. Fridge would stop working randomly, one day we had ice, next we didn't
I would recomend this appartment to everybody. It´s in the district Bairo Alto in the center of Lisabon, with lots of bars, clubs and restaurants, but in the quiet street because in front of the appartment is police station. So location is excellant.
It is very big, the six of us were sleeping there, and veery clean, and also nice designed and decorated. The owner of appartment is very friendly, nice and flexible. We had problems with luggage when we arrived, she was waiting for three hours until we came. And also we extended our check-out time because of later plane, it wasn´t problem. And the last thing it is not expensive.
Really excellant appartment in great location....
*Plus compulsory or optional charges based on actual occupancy or consumption. The payment has to be made in the currency offered by the property manager, before use of conversion tool. Payments in other currencies have to be negotiated beforehand with the property manager. The currency conversion tool is provided for your convenience only and is non-binding.