Typical traditional country house, 2700 square feet, 4 bedrooms, 10 guests, located in a large, isolated and planted garden with views on the Luberon mountains and a 40 feet long heated swimming pool.
"Le Mas des Cassandrons" is located in the village of Ménerbes, between Ménerbes, Bonnieux and Lacoste in Provence. This is the village featured in Peter Mayle's book "A year in Provence". Prized as one of the most beautiful village in France, it is a highlight of the Luberon regional natural park.
Ideally located, a stone's throw away from the boutique hotel "La Bastide de Marie", in a very quiet setting, this charming house offers high-level features, a refined provençal decor, and specious interior volumes.
You will enjoy the charming Provence lifestyle, the quietness, the preserved nature and the stunning views on the Lubéron Mountains and Saint Hilaire Church. Distant from neighbors and from all source of noise, you will enjoy peaceful and relaxing vacations.
The private swimming pool (40 feet long and 15 feet wide) is designed as a swimming facility (even depth of 5 feet 5 inches) with a small square access platform for kids. The pool has a manual rollable cover which preserves the water heat during the night. The heating system provides a minimum water temperature of 77°F from May to October. The filtering system is salt based, with a salt concentration 7 times lower than the sea, and ensures clean, odorless and non irritating water for the eyes and the skin. A large trampoline is also available for the kids.
Chairs, lounge beds and umbrellas are available around the pool to relax and sunbathe.
In the main part of the house (2 floors), on the ground floor you will find :
- a covered terrace with a square table which can accommodate up to 10 guests
- a large kitchen with modern appliances (stove, furnace, dishwasher, microwave, refrigerator, expresso coffee machine)
- a winter, cosy, living room
- a dining room with a table for up to 10 guests
- a bathroom with toilet and shower
- a large summer living room (550 square feet)
- a small wine cellar
And on the 1st floor :
- a small TV & reading room on a mezzanine
- a master bedroom with double bed, independent access and triple exposure south / east / north and its dedicated bathroom
- a bedroom with double bed and double exposure south and east
- a bedroom with 2 single beds and west exposure
- a large bathroom including a bath, a shower and toilet
In a separate wing, you will find :
- on the ground floor, a bedroom with queen size bed, a bathroom with shower and toilet - on the first floor, on a mezzanine a small bedroom with 2 single beds.
This space is full of charm, has beautiful light and offers superb views on the surroundings and on an ancient well. This side of the house is independent and accessible from outside, yet stays connected to the central part through a hallway accessible from the mezzanine.
The house is decorated with natural, soft shades and with a mix of modern and ancient furniture. This highlights its remarkable traditional architecture, with its local limestone floors, its 17th century stone walls and its typical wood ceilings.