|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
Little Oak Hall isn't just a large country house - it's anything you want it to be. It’s a prime spot for a party. It���s a conference or seminar centre. It’s perfect for family events and wedding celebrations. It’s a place to get together, or be apart. It’s ideal for yoga, dance or celebrations. Mostly, it’s a wonderful place to relax and have fun with up to seventy of your nearest and dearest in a glorious slice of rural England.
The drawing room is the perfect place to curl up with a book on squishy sofas, to chat and play and laugh and enjoy the simple art of relaxation. There is a large dining room that seats seventy and a fully equipped commercial kitchen to provide your meals. You'll also love the bar and lounge for pre-dinner drinks and there's acres of space with tables and chairs on the garden terrace. Little Oak Hall can be self catered or fully catered - your call!
Enjoy some exercise or head off alone or in happy groups over the English lawns to the fields and romantic bridleways of the Exmoor Hills. Back at base, a wealth of facilities await you in the shape of the heated outside pool, garden games, spa with Jacuzzi, two saunas and steam room, licensed bar and wifi.
The property rates are based on 40 guests sharing. Up to 80 guests can stay at Little Oak Hall please see the terms and conditions for more details and the additional costs.
Little Oak Hall is suffused with history. In 1198 the estate was home to a community of Cistercian monks, part of Cleeve Abbey. Since the departure of the monks, the site of Little Oak Hall has seen a variety of uses from a feudal farm to a residential school for girls.
An even wider variety of residents have passed through the grounds, including a magistrate who possibly used the property as a courtroom, to war time evacuees and an eccentric German Count. It was the latter who was responsible for many of the beautiful garden features which include the Italian garden and the various water features that can be found within the grounds.
Through the centuries, events and people have shaped the story – and the appearance – of Little Oak Hall, giving it a unique warmth and soul that is immediately felt as you enter this beautiful building.
Bedrooms and bathrooms:
- Sleeps up to 80 guests (60 without bunk rooms)
- 3 double en-suite bedrooms
- 11 twin en-suite bedrooms (5 with zip & link beds)
- 2 small double bedrooms (shared wc/shower rooms)
- 1 twin en-suite wheelchair accessible bedroom
- 3 quad en-suite bedrooms
- 2 single bedrooms (shared wc/shower rooms)
- 1 triple bedroom (shared wc/shower room)
- 1 x 9 bed family room with en-suite wc bath/shower room
- 1 x 5 bed room with dedicated WC bath/shower room
- 2 x 7 bed bunk rooms (with 2 x WC shower rooms)
Other rooms (available by special arrangement only):
- 2 x small double (shares 2 x wc & 1 bath shower room
- 1 x twin bedroom (shares wc shower room)
- 1 x triple bed room (shares wc shower room)
- Very large function room (converted barn) for dancing, bands, parties, inside sports. Can be used as large home cinema (up to 120 people depending on activity)
- 2 x meeting or breakout rooms near main function room (can be used as bunk rooms)
- Spa with infrared sauna, Swedish sauna, steam room & Jacuzzi (Available in 2 hour sessions for up to 15 people with 24 hrs notice, staff supervision & additional fees apply)
- Large drawing room converts to function room (up to 75 people depending on activity)
- Dining room seats 70-75
- Large fully equipped commercial kitchen (equipped to cater for up to 80 people)
- Bar/Lounge with drinks fridges (for hirer to stock) & a log fire.
- Games room with table tennis and darts
- Small TV/treatment room
- Installed PA sound & music systems in 2 main function rooms.
- Nearly 6 acres of formal & informal gardens and grounds
- Rural walks in the Exmoor National Park
- Heated outside swimming pool (seasonal)
- Large flat lawns for games
- Campfire in the fire pit
- Lots of garden furniture for alfresco dining
- Relax in the rose garden
- Garden games
- Treatments at the house by arrangement with local providers
- No fireworks or Chinese lanterns (National Park Restriction)
- No loud noise after 23:00 outside or in the barn. (Later noise is OK in the main house)
- No camping, RVs, caravans or campers (National Park Restriction) Arrival and Departure
- Check in after 14:00pm on first day
- Check out before 17:00 on last day (other times by advanced agreement)
- Bed linen, towels, Soap and shampoo in all bathrooms
- Logs for the fire place in the lounge
- Kitchen commercial dishwasher and oven cleaning consumables
- Caretaker and housekeeper live on site to help in emergencies.
What’s not included:
- Additional housekeeping services available on request
- Personal laundry services (available at additional cost)
- Hosting & event management - though please get in touch for recommendations!
- Professional public address, music and presentation equipment, though this is available for hire from a local company
PLEASE NOTE THAT FULL PROPERTY DESCRIPTIONS, PHOTOGRAPHS, AVAILABILITY & PRICES ARE KEPT UP TO DATE ON MY WEBSITE WHICH YOU CAN VISIT BY CLICKING ON MY PERSONAL WEBSITE LINK BELOW.
Your time off is precious. So when you go away, why not make an occasion of it and book somewhere a bit… different?
At Oliver’s Travels we don’t do ordinary. But if you’re looking to rent somewhere quirky, unique and bursting with more character than a bottle of ’59 Lafite Rothschild, we’ve got some stunning luxury villas for you to choose from.
Fancy a romantic weekend for two in a lighthouse, a week away in a converted windmill, or a fortnight relaxing with friends in the grounds of a French chateau?
We’ve got them all here at Oliver��s Travels. Each one of our properties is handpicked by our team to guarantee you a truly memorable luxury villa holiday. By booking direct with the owner from around £40 per person per night, you can experience luxury without burning a hole in your pocket.
Where did it all start?
In 2003, my best mate Ravi and I spent a week at Chateau de Cardou in the Dordogne with a group of our closest friends. It was one of those holidays you never forget. The chateau was stunning, the wine was flowing and the weather was pretty much perfect. Best of all, we had the whole place to ourselves.
As it turns out, that holiday was the start of something pretty special. Before we���d even got back to England, Ravi and I had come up with the basic idea for our first business, Simply Chateau: a website where people could find and book exclusive, luxury villas without having to shell out a fortune.
Where are we today?
We’ve grown a bit since then. We’ve now got a team of people who love travelling just as much as we do. Between us, we’ve handpicked every one of the properties you��ll find on the site.
Our emphasis is still on quirky, lavish, one-of-a-kind places to stay, but we now offer villas, castles, stately homes, beach huts and cottages, as well as chateaux – not just in France, but across Europe and the Caribbean.
You may have noticed we’ve changed our name too. Ravi took a bit of persuading, but in the end we agreed on Oliver’s Travels!
Why choose ordinary?
So whether you want to treat the family, get together with friends or spend a romantic weekend somewhere special, why choose ordinary when you can have exceptional?
At Oliver’s Travels, we guarantee you a holiday to remember at a price you won’t regret.
If you’re looking for a bit of inspiration, why not take a look at our latest recommendations, where you’ll find a list of our own favourite places to stay? Our concierge service can help personalize your trip down to the smallest detail, or if you're raring to go you can just jump in and start browsing.
Located on the Exmoor National Park and a short drive from the historic village of Dunster and 5 miles from Minehead, where the West Somerset Steam railway can take you on a journey along the coast and though glorious country side. The beach at Blue Anchor is 10 minutes drive and if swimming in the sea isn't for you then just head to Little Oak Hall's lovely heated swimming pool.
If you prefer fresh water then Wimbleball Lake (20 minutes drive) can provide a range of exciting water based activities. Sea fishing charters are available from the historic port of Watchet (15 minutes drive) and a coastal golf course can be found near Minehead (15 minutes drive). Clay shooting can be found 1.5 miles away and archery can be provided in our own gardens by local experts.
Local adventures also available include rock climbing, mountain biking, coasteering and you can learn kayak and canoe skills with a local expert.