|Minimum Stay||2 - 4 nights|
PRIVATE. SECLUDED. ONE-OF-A-KIND PROPERTY. Stay with us in the middle of everything: 30 mins. to SEWARD; 15 to COOPER LANDING and the Upper Kenai River; 1 hour to SOLDOTNA and the Lower Kenai River; 2 hours to HOMER; 1 hour north to Portage Glacier, Whittier, PRINCE WILLIAM SOUND and Alyeska.
Three private secluded chalets see also VRBO 201473 and 462399
• Whale watch and glacier cruise in Kenai Fjords National Park
• World class fishing for salmon and trout in the famous Kenai and Russian Rivers
• Haul in a giant halibut from Resurrection Bay
• Visit the aquariums at the SeaLife Center
• Climb a glacier and see Harding Icefield
• Choose from 100’s of miles of breathtaking trails in the Chugach National Forest
• Flight-see over majestic mountains and magnificent glaciers
• Get your pilot floatplane rating in Moose Pass
• Float down the scenic upper Kenai River.
• Whitewater raft the Sixmile River or Kenai River canyon.
• Kayak Resurrection Bay and Trail and Kenai Lakes
• Canoe from the chalets
• Then, relax in the hot tubs under the midnight sun, surrounded by Alaskan mountain majesty.
Just 30 minutes away from the popular KENAI FJORDS NATIONAL PARK, Exit Glacier and Harding Ice Field, and saltwater fishing on Resurrection Bay.
THE KENAI and RUSSIAN RIVERS are 15 mins. away, where you can be fishing for world class salmon and trout, or rafting and bear viewing on the world-famous rivers.
KAYAK OR CANOE Trail Lakes, or sea kayak Resurrection Bay.
Miles of NEARBY TRAILS will fill a day taking you through lush forests to alpine meadows blanketed with wildflowers beside crystal clear snow-melt ponds and lakes surrounded by glaciated mountain majesty.
FLIGHTSEEING can be done just a mile away.
RIVER RAFTING is close by on the Kenai River - class 1-4 options available.
THE PERFECT WINTER RETREAT. Relax watching the sunrise and alpenglow paint the mountains the full palate of Alaskan winter colors. Sooth your winter aches in the hot tub under a dazzling star-lit sky. The world famous CHUGACH MOUNTIANS provide back-country Nordic and Alpine skiing and boarding, and snowmobiling just out the back door for your daytime adventures.
Three chalets will accommodate parties of 1-22. EACH WITH A PRIVATE HOT TUB.
Only 90 mins. south of Anchorage, nestled among spruce and hemlock forest in the CHUCAGH NATIONAL FOREST, you'll be surrounded by snow-capped mountains, overlooking turquoise-colored Trail Lake. Our beautifully appointed, comforts-of-home-and-then-some chalets are your ideal home base for your adventures on the Kenai Peninsula.
For COMPLETE info on the chalets and all there is to do in the area check us out on Facebook -Spruce Moose Chalets - and on our website Spruce Moose Alaska.
Life-long Alaskans. We love Alaska, and look forward to sharing our special piece of Alaska heaven with you.
8 Star Alaska purchased this chalet in 2007
The Kenai Peninsula has it all - mountains, rivers, lakes, ocean, glaciers, wildlife -everything you've come to Alaska to see and do. Grew-up camping,hiking, biking, fishing, kayaking, rafting, canoeing, skiing on the Kenai. These chalets were our favorite winter get-away on the Kenai - so we bought them.
There is no comparable property on the Eastern Kenai that we've found. The location is awesomely beautiful- overlooking Trail Lake, surrounded by incredible mountains. And it's all right outside the picture windows. The chalets are constructed to take advantage of the location, and are well appointed and beautifully decorated. The hot tubs are a bonus, and the privacy means you'll have peace and quiet if you want it.
This chalet (Steller Jay) was absolutely incredible. Far beyond our expectations! Thank you for our amazing stay.
Thouroughly enjoyed our stay at Wild Rose to celebrate Christmas with our family. Beautiful property with great amenities inside and out. Will def return.
What a incredible fabulous 4 days we spent at Wild Rose in July. The house had everything we could possible need or want. The host and hostess were onsite which was an added plus. The host even made us a wonderful French Toast Brulee Breakfast. The house is centrally located between Seward and Kenai. The pictures of Wild Rose in the website do not do the amazing views justice. There was plenty of room for 7 adults, with room to spare. Don't hesitate when looking for a place to stay.....JUST BOOK IT!
Nice location beautiful views. Only negative is the occasional noise from the highway and bi-planes taking off from the lake. But not enough to be an issue. Nice and quiet at night. We weren't there much during the daytime. We wouldn't hesitate to stay there again!!
My extended family and I stayed here in May 2016. I highly recommend this property, and thought I would list the things we particularly liked:
1. Fantastic views. This property has lots of windows letting you see the mountains and the lake that is across the street. The view is stunning.
2. Hot tub. The hot tub is in excellent condition and sits on a deck outside those windows, so you have the beautiful view of the lake and mountains from the hot tub.
3. Kitchen. The owner appeared to have recently extended the size of the kitchen, and the kitchen is first rate. It is very well done. The owner also provides bottled water in the kitchen which we used for our coffee and iced tea.
4. Kayaks and canoes. The owner has kayaks and canoes that were made available to us. We had wonderful weather and took the canoes and kayaks out on the lake a couple of times. The lake is quite large, and we we spent a fair amount of time out there. With the views and the weather, this was an outstanding activity.
5. Wi-Fi and Satellite. Both the Wi-Fi and Satellite TV were nice additions.
6. Plenty of beds for our group of 8.
But really everything was great. I have no negatives at all for this property. It is 30 minutes from Seward and any significant grocery stores or restaurants, but it is not a bad drive, and, of course, the scenery on the drive is wonderful. I just wish we would have spent more time here on our Alaska vacation.
We really enjoyed our time at the cabin for the weekend. It was very accommodating and comfortable even tho we had 10 people. It never get crowded, had everything we needed and the owner was available to help us with any issues.
The location is ideal for a weekend getaway from Anchorage or the valley (or really anywhere). The drive is always scenic, but short to Moose pass. The home sits by a nice lake and conveniently close to Seward and many activities.
The amenities are great for small gatherings for dinner or a night in the hot tub! We thank Gary for his help in allowing our book club to stay there. We would definitely book again in the future!
In the middle of all there is to do on the Kenai Peninsula.
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£406|
3% discount for paying by eChecks. Cancellation policy: 10% cancellation fee for any cancellation. Balance due 90 days out summer, 30 days winter. We will refund anything we can re-book, minus the cancellation fee.